Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM

Windsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
The staying up when fouled is admirable, but if another player commits a foul against you, however minor, it is likely to put you off executing what you were planning to execute before you were fouled. If a foul is committed a foul is committed and should be punished.

I agree this mentality is new, but it's a natural by-product from a world where every decision matters more now than it did in the past. Complain to SKY, Ken Bates and Ron Noades about it, they were the cause whilst Lopez is the symptom.
I think the more pertinent point or question is how do you define a foul? If someone has made contact with you but not got the ball - that isn't a foul unless it causes you to fall or stops you carrying on the play.

Football is still a contact sport - so fouls should only be given if your play has been stopped illegally. If you have had a knock or some contact from another player but you are physiclly still able to keep going or stay on your feet then you should. Let the ref or the linesman decide if an infringement has occurred.

The thought of 'well if I don't show the ref I've been touched then I won't get the foul so I'll go down' is the exact mindset which inevitably leads to all manner of simulation.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:23 PM
War Chief

Cleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle
I think the more pertinent point or question is how do you define a foul? If someone has made contact with you but not got the ball - that isn't a foul unless it causes you to fall or stops you carrying on the play.

Football is still a contact sport - so fouls should only be given if your play has been stopped illegally. If you have had a knock or some contact from another player but you are physiclly still able to keep going or stay on your feet then you should. Let the ref or the linesman decide if an infringement has occurred.

The thought of 'well if I don't show the ref I've been touched unless I go down then I won't get the foul' is the exact mindset which inevitably leads to all manner of simulation.
If your shirt is being pulled in the penalty area is it a foul? You might go for a header from a corner, but have your shirt pulled. You make the header, but it goes fractionally over. Did the shirt pull effect you? If you didn't have the pull would you have made better contact with the ball and scored a goal? Should you be awarded a penalty, or should the ref award a goal kick?

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Windsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWindsor_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If your shirt is being pulled in the penalty area is it a foul? You might go for a header from a corner, but have your shirt pulled. You make the header, but it goes fractionally over. Did the shirt pull effect you? If you didn't have the pull would you have made better contact with the ball and scored a goal?
My argument is that you should only fall over if the force of the shirt pull caused you to do so. That doesn't stop you asking the question to the ref or letting him know that you were having your shirt pulled in the aftermath but it still isn't right to over-egg it or to simulate it IMO.

I know that ref's are incompetent but you have to place faith in them to be able to spot infrigements of this nature and punish the offender accordingly.

Perhaps if people fell over less frequently at the slightest touch the refs might actually take proper fouls a little more seriosuly. Faking injury etc just muddies the water as far as I am concerned - even if it is done with the intention of trying to draw attention to a persistent fouler.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:17 PM
War Chief

Cleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCleon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle
I know that ref's are incompetent but you have to place faith in them to be able to spot infrigements of this nature and punish the offender accordingly.

Perhaps if people fell over less frequently at the slightest touch the refs might actually take proper fouls a little more seriosuly. Faking injury etc just muddies the water as far as I am concerned - even if it is done with the intention of trying to draw attention to a persistent fouler.
My point is there is so much at stake, and with ref's usually bottling big decisions without a clear cut 'break in play' that a player falling over represents, it is no surprise that Lopez etc. do what they do.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I'm saying that it's just modern football.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
My point is there is so much at stake, and with ref's usually bottling big decisions without a clear cut 'break in play' that a player falling over represents, it is no surprise that Lopez etc. do what they do.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I'm saying that it's just modern football.
I know that you don't approve of it per se - and I am not saying that anything will change. Just reading some of the Brighton forums on it and opinions expressed on here too - I just felt that I couldn't abide by the view that 'there is nothing wrong with going down to make the ref realised you've been fouled'.

Anyway - back to Lopez the cheating scumbag and the cretinous team that he plays for......
Old 09-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Heb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 09-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Old 09-01-2013, 06:27 PM

paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!paul skinback knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEAGLE.
He stop rolling yet?
Just noticed this thread, this ^^^^^^^ is ******* brilliant

There's only 2 Dougie Freedmans
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it's quite clear what the outcome of this debate is in the eyes of many of our South Coast chums, and it's nothing we already didn't know.

Everyone else are cheats, but the same actions by players of other teams should be met by choruses of disapproval from the great moral arbiters of the game that is BHAFC.

Welcome to the cult of Gus. Negrito coffee, anyone?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 AM

spuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can confirm that Lopez is still rolling I just looked out the window at work & I saw him rolling past in the middle of Haywards Heath high street...........he did look badly injured
'It's almost like this burden of not having come from behind to win a game is er weighing heavy on the minds of these Brighton players. They cannot find a response. Dikgacoi.....Zaha Oh yes Wilfried Zaha single handidly firing palace to wembley'
Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 AM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravitybald-eagle has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
.....Buckley, Barnes and CMS all go down at the slightest touch and are constantly looking for it. [/I]
Ooh! Suits you sir
Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Nom de Plume

Sinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyesSinfidel dances before me like a million eyes
Interesting insight into the Seaweed training programme.

To view the link you have to Register or Login