Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
Howdy all, long time no see.

I couldn’t disagree more with Tomo’s comment. I think it’s been an absolutely brilliant year for new albums.

My list is below, including a real mix of indie, shoegaze, dream-pop, folk-pop, rock and even straight-up pop (very un-Baloo-like).

It’s definitely been a year for the girls - 15 of the top 20 have female singer.

Check a few out, if you haven’t already!

Albums of the year 2018

1. Hop Along – Bark Your Head Off, Dog

2. Lucy Dacus - Historian

3. Foxing – Nearer My God

4. Let’s Eat Grandma – I’m All Ears

5. Say Sue Me – Where We Were Today

6. Soft Science - Maps

7. Sunflower Bean – Twentytwo in Blue

8. Oxy - Fita

9. Melody’s Echo Chamber – Bon Voyage

10. US Girls – In a Poem Unlimited

11. Our Girl – Stranger Today

12. Wild Pink – Yolk in the Fur

13. Flasher – Constant Image

14. The Beths – Future Me Hates Me

15. Winter - Ethereality

16. boygenius - EP

17. Miya Folick - Premonitions

18. Boy Azooga – 1, 2, Kung Fu!

19. Beach House - 7

20. Tim Burgess – As I Was Now

And honourable mentions to (in no particular order):

21. Neko Case

22. Belly

23. Smashing Pumpkins

24. Iceage

25. George Ezra

26. Matt Maltese

27. Amen Dunes

28. St Vincent

29. Mitski

30. Suede

31. Peace

32. The Prids

33. Spiritualized

34. Gaz Coombes

35. Django Django

36. The Breeders
Great list! Where've you been?

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 08-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Great list! Where've you been?
To a mental hospital after listening to that crap

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 12-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I always start the year with the best intentions of keeping an up to date list of stuff I liked throughout the year... usually lasts until around March, then I forget about it.

I don't rank any of them, too lazy for that, so here are the ones I remember liking!

Sopico - Ye
Marmozets - Knowing What You Know Now
Evidence - Weather or Not
Dessa - Chime
Four Fists - 6666
The Weeknd - My Dear Melancholy
Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy
Dinos - Imany
Pusha T - Daytona
Serpentwithfeet - Soil
Lomepal - Jeannine
S.Pri Noir - Masque Blanc
Atmosphere - Mi Vida Local
Vince Staples - FM!
Angele - Brol
Georgio - XXV
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

I've for sure missed some stuff out, but there we go.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:09 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Tash Sultana - Flow State