Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
After a few years of being 'on the up' has the tide turned do you think? That sense of still climbing has gone, hasn't it? And not just on the playing field.

Hundreds of millions of quid in turnover 2011-16 with more to come yet still no sign of any new stands at Selhurst. Don't come to the ground often these days but in fairness saw the club had managed something spectacular v WBA. 2 for a cup of tea.

The fans were magnificent. Pity one or two of them who really would have the other fans best interests at heart aren't on the board.

The spirit and direction we had is not as strong and we are now, seemingly, just another daft smallish club playing 100k a week wages in order to stave off the inevitable relegation back to The Championship sometime over the next five or six seasons.

Pity.
We've just signed a player for 30m+ having matched or broken our previous record twice already this window.

If you're on the wind-up can you really not think of anything more productive to do with your life. I think I just answered my own question.

FFS.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:45 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin' Eagles View Post
Champions League and Lionel Messi. And for shits and giggles let's put Griezmann in there too
Messi is a tax dodger, we don't want his sort. Griezmann is ok but Gareth Bale is better. Where is your ambition????? :-)
Old 23-08-2016, 12:00 PM

jolly_jallopee is playing for a contract
Been an international supporter since 1990, the BBS made me feel close to the heart of the club. I gotta say, despite being in awe of the transformation of the club these days, I'm saddened by the transformation of the fans. Everyone knows what a roller coaster this club has always been, we can take the bad with a sense of humour. I mean if it all goes tits up, then it's nothing we've never experienced before, always had a good attitude about the whole Palace ride. But the bitter abject doom here is really putting everyone off.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
My sweet word... you have to be kidding me!
Old 23-08-2016, 12:06 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Unfortunately not
Old 23-08-2016, 12:16 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Someone get the moon on stick for the OP for Christ's sake....
Old 23-08-2016, 12:59 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
It is understandable some fans are feeling negative about the future, as the simple fact is if we are judging from a playing perspective then all of 2016 has been a massive disappointment other than the Cup, and the seasons start has not filled many with much optimism looking ahead.
But i feel we need to show a little more patience for now, as for the first time we have shown real ambition in the transfer market and if (hopefully) come the end of the window we have strengthened further with quality signings, then it needs fans to "wait and see" probably till the end of the year for signs of any progress and then make judgement.
However, what is my big concern though is, during that period of poor results which has been mainly down to our manager and coaches inability to prepare the team with a system capable of competing in the premiership. As without doubt our passing, and movement and to a degree cohesion is Not to the required standard, also whereby previously one of our main strengths was our understanding and unity in defense, sadly no longer as we now look disjointed as a unit. I hate to mention it, but think back to when Pulis was in charge and how well he organised this team into playing as a unit.
So why has it gone so horribly wrong? well these are the questions the Manager should be asking and working hard to rectify, hence why i say we need to give Alan Pardew that extra time possibility until Christmas to change things around, if he fails to do so then there is only one alternative, and AP can have no excuses.
Agreed you have to let the 'new' look team at the end of the window have some time and the manager to get it going then look again in November. See if it's all coming together and we look on track. If not December is when we should make a change as then it's been two seasons and nearly a year of football with a window approaching for a new manager to make tweaks in
Old 23-08-2016, 01:01 PM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We are not alone in thinking we are going backwards.

Poor Leicester.
Old 23-08-2016, 01:01 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Agreed you have to let the 'new' look team at the end of the window have some time and the manager to get it going then look again in November. See if it's all coming together and we look on track. If not December is when we should make a change as then it's been two seasons and nearly a year of football with a window approaching for a new manager to make tweaks in
Would need to be made earlier, as unless there's an obvious target it could take a while to get a new man in.
Old 23-08-2016, 01:11 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
Would need to be made earlier, as unless there's an obvious target it could take a while to get a new man in.
Nah November time is when you get a feeling where you are then a month or so to get the new chap in seems about right.

You can not back a manager to the extent AP is being backed and allow wholesale changes to the team and not give them time to build it back up. 4 months is about right for that. If performances and you'd expect results have not improved by then you know you are in trouble.

The premptive bed wetting on here is too much. The window hasn't even shut yet the two matches played have not used the 'new' spine of the team and frankly Palace losing the first few matches of a season is nothing new. I remember being tonked by Luton first match back the last time we dropped. We've not been that poor with some major players not yet introduced.
Old 23-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We've just signed a player for up to 32 million, smashing our transfer record and making us (I think) only the 7th club to sign a player for this amount or more. If we stay up this season will break another record, with more than 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight.

Results on the pitch have been very concerning this year, of course, but we also reached the FA Cup final for only the second time in our history. We are financially stable, comfortable even.

Perhaps the pace of our forward momentum has slowed a little despite all this, but that's hardly surprising - it would be very unlikely to continue as it was.
Old 23-08-2016, 01:53 PM

Ogilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think you're all being a bit harsh on the chap. It's a valid question on an opinion based board. People that moan about moaning seems a bit counter productive to me. I'd be pretty confident to say that I doubt any decisions at club level are made based on the BBS, from whether Souare can actually defend through to turning the ground and reducing the price of a Hot Chocolate.

On thread, these are our Curbishley / Pullis years and were always bound to come and the timing is about right. We have come to realise that the very reason we supported in the first place has all but dissapeared. When we kicked off the Championship seasons (and before that) we were equally divided between nailed on promotion and those that thought we'd be relegated and you know what, the difference in the way you ran the club was probably unaffected. If you sign a striker for 500k and you go down, he can stay and his wages won't cripple you.

With a few years in the Premier League what have we got to cheer or moan about? We shouldn't go down, especially as we now have spent 50 million and have players on wages that are unaffordable. We 'might' get Europa League, but do we really want it? We should find our mid table level and once or twice a year flirt at either end. Do we need or want a 40k ground, probably not and we couldn't fill it anyway, with TV money the gate receipts no longer mean what they had previously.

I don't think it's something that is specific to Palace, but for me some of the magic has been lost, because we have become better. The better the club does the more the old moaning fan base will harp on to the old days. Do we want to survive and grow for another 5 years, of course, it's our club, but ultimately was Brighton away, Stockport, sheff Wed and midweeks against crap teams fun, did we feel that AJ was one of us and deserved his then record busting deal we did, but we are on the football superhighway like it or not.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:06 PM

Soarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Messi is a tax dodger, we don't want his sort. Griezmann is ok but Gareth Bale is better. Where is your ambition????? :-)
In the toilet, just like our future.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:07 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Not sure about backwards but we are not moving forward. There is very little communication anymore between fans and owners, the academy isn't developing, the ground, in particular the Arthur isn't being improved and there is no evidence of improved catering facilities. I feel that the club is under-managed from an administrative point of view and more needs to be done off-field. Not completely sure Pardew is the right man to take the club forward but too early to replace him.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:10 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Not sure about backwards but we are not moving forward. There is very little communication anymore between fans and owners, the academy isn't developing, the ground, in particular the Arthur isn't being improved and there is no evidence of improved catering facilities. I feel that the club is under-managed from an administrative point of view and more needs to be done off-field. Not completely sure Pardew is the right man to take the club forward but too early to replace him.

But apart from that all is pucker and sweet.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:19 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
The club is definitely going backwards in terms of fans on the BBS starting incredible ******* shit threads for people to continually moan about the slightest thing. I've been on the BBS for years and this is by far the worst period for this pathetic over-analysing, nit picking and immense level of negativity. Yes, i know this is a message board for discussion but that doesn't mean the relentless moaning about the team, the manager, the board, the players, transfers, the ground, the training facilities and every other detail of the club needs to subjugated to this level complaint. And yes i know you've framed your question as have we peaked but we both know it is another (not needed) chance for people to moan.

These are the facts. In six years since nearly going out of existence, we have gone from a club at the bottom of the championship to being promoted to having finished 11th, 10th and 15th and, played at wembley 3 tiimes including reaching a cup final. We have beaten Chelsea and Man City in that time. We have broke our transfer record multiple times to bring in high quality international players, with the latest transfer of Benteke making us the 7th English club ever to spend more than 25 million on a player.

Seriously what more do you want??????????????

STOP ******* MOANING!!!!
This
Old 23-08-2016, 02:27 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The club is definitely going backwards in terms of fans on the BBS starting incredible ******* shit threads for people to continually moan about the slightest thing. I've been on the BBS for years and this is by far the worst period for this pathetic over-analysing, nit picking and immense level of negativity. Yes, i know this is a message board for discussion but that doesn't mean the relentless moaning about the team, the manager, the board, the players, transfers, the ground, the training facilities and every other detail of the club needs to subjugated to this level complaint. And yes i know you've framed your question as have we peaked but we both know it is another (not needed) chance for people to moan.

These are the facts. In six years since nearly going out of existence, we have gone from a club at the bottom of the championship to being promoted to having finished 11th, 10th and 15th and, played at wembley 3 tiimes including reaching a cup final. We have beaten Chelsea and Man City in that time. We have broke our transfer record multiple times to bring in high quality international players, with the latest transfer of Benteke making us the 7th English club ever to spend more than 25 million on a player.

Seriously what more do you want??????????????

STOP ******* MOANING!!!!
Best post I have seen on here for a while
Old 23-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Fitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFitzroy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do we want to be Stoke and finish 9th three seasons in a row or do we want the excitement that the Palace roller coaster brings ?

I think I prefer the latter !
Old 23-08-2016, 02:33 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Not going backwards just not progressing as quickly as we have previously.

Saying that, am concerned about relegation this season.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:33 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
We've just signed a player for up to 32 million, smashing our transfer record and making us (I think) only the 7th club to sign a player for this amount or more. If we stay up this season will break another record, with more than 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight.

Results on the pitch have been very concerning this year, of course, but we also reached the FA Cup final for only the second time in our history. We are financially stable, comfortable even.

Perhaps the pace of our forward momentum has slowed a little despite all this, but that's hardly surprising - it would be very unlikely to continue as it was.
Absolutely.
We're the 5th,Highest Spenders,in Premier League.
So we're Turning into,a Mid-Table side.
Gradual Progression,to the Next Level.