Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-10-2016, 01:36 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeby View Post
Hopefully I would have sorted out somewhere to live by then
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-10-2016, 01:40 PM

ceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
50% off, just the sort of reduction I am looking for as a cash buyer
Old 22-10-2016, 01:43 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeby View Post
50% off, just the sort of reduction I am looking for as a cash buyer

It was meant as a joke but it's becoming reality for many :.

What retirees who rent now do when they retire on lower incomes is definitely going to be a problem in the future .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 22-10-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 22-10-2016, 01:47 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Lol.

Someone one pick up this man's toys.
For a put down to work it needs to ring true not actually endorse the put down made against you.
Old 22-10-2016, 01:56 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
House Prices falling in the Southern rail franchise area according to the Telegraph and metro .

Not round East Croydon there not. Just been to have a look at the Morello development on Cherry Orchard road. I was looking at a 2 bed flat. 469,000 for 781 sq ft. Balcony over looking the balcony of the property opposite, no parking space and a 2k pa service charge.

Think i'll look elsewhere..
Old 22-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
Not round East Croydon there not. Just been to have a look at the Morello development on Cherry Orchard road. I was looking at a 2 bed flat. 469,000 for 781 sq ft. Balcony over looking the balcony of the property opposite, no parking space and a 2k pa service charge.

Think i'll look elsewhere..
Croydon is a little different and will buck the trend, due to:

- already being one of the cheapest places in greater London to buy
- the regeneration of the area and in particular Westfield
- people being priced of south London (Clapham, Balham etc) and the knock on effect of greater demand in surrounding areas.

Croydon will, IMO, see a continuing upward trend, regardless of how the rest of the market performs.
Old 22-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Loving my 5 bed house and double garage with countryside, river and sea views for 240k even more after reading some of this thread.

Thank fvck i was priced out of London.
Old 22-10-2016, 07:00 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Croydon is a little different and will buck the trend, due to:

- already being one of the cheapest places in greater London to buy

- the regeneration of the area and in particular Westfield

- people being priced of south London (Clapham, Balham etc) and the knock on effect of greater demand in surrounding areas.

Croydon will, IMO, see a continuing upward trend, regardless of how the rest of the market performs.

I've just moved into a 4 bed terraced house in Wallington for 420k. Very happy, area is pleasant and will reap the benefits of the Croydon regen.
Old 22-10-2016, 07:11 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Excuse my ignorance but for Croydon to be regenerated? Have they got rid of all the hideous Wellesley Road buildings, the excess of concrete and made the shopping area a lot more attractive then with independents, etc? A new theatre maybe?

Or are they just rolling it in glitter and hoping no-one notices?
Old 22-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Loving my 5 bed house and double garage with countryside, river and sea views for 240k even more after reading some of this thread.

Thank fvck i was priced out of London.

Where did you end up?
Old 22-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
I've just moved into a 4 bed terraced house in Wallington for 420k. Very happy, area is pleasant and will reap the benefits of the Croydon regen.
Always think Wallington is underrated at times, and represents good value in comparison to some of the neighbouring areas. Wallington always offered good amenities to surrounding areas, and is a stone throw from highly desirable areas such as Banstead/Cheam etc and like for like properties used to be about 15% cheaper than neighbouring Sutton which has the fast line.
I moved away from that particular catchment area 5 months ago, and it is genuinely the best thing i've done (albeit for Southern playing silly buggers)
Old 22-10-2016, 08:06 PM

Maidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Where did you end up?
Isle of Sheppey I reckon.....
Old 22-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Always think Wallington is underrated at times, and represents good value in comparison to some of the neighbouring areas. Wallington always offered good amenities to surrounding areas, and is a stone throw from highly desirable areas such as Banstead/Cheam etc and like for like properties used to be about 15% cheaper than neighbouring Sutton which has the fast line.
I moved away from that particular catchment area 5 months ago, and it is genuinely the best thing i've done (albeit for Southern playing silly buggers)

The difference is that Cheam is like a village - with a centre and stuff.

Wellington isn't really like that.
Old 22-10-2016, 08:16 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Is there any part of London that hasn't gentrified now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 22-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Coney Hall.
Old 22-10-2016, 08:26 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Erith, Belvedere and Crayford?
Old 22-10-2016, 08:30 PM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I don't know about wellington... but Wallington feels like it is stuck in the 70s.
Old 22-10-2016, 08:31 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Is the Melbourne still there?
Old 22-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjaspercpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Cheam isn't like a village, it is a village Wallington always struggles in terms of identity as apart from banks/supermarkets/usual suspects, most folk venture to Sutton/Croydon/Kingston etc. and many locals who don't live in the SM6 area don't actively use Wallington town, and predominantly use it as a gateway to other neighbouring towns etc via stafford road etc.
It's by no means amazing, but offers some decent facilities, and has some very good schools; if you are desperate to venture to a village you can be by the two ponds/Honeywood in Carshalton village in 12 mins from Wallington station.
Old 22-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Not again Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Is the Melbourne still there?
yes, and I know a few Palace folk who drink in there, but I don't have much time for the place personally.