Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Cheam isn't like a village, it is a village Wallington always struggles in terms of identity as apart from banks/supermarkets/usual suspects, most folk venture to Sutton/Croydon/Kingston etc. and many locals who don't live in the SM6 area don't actively use Wallington town, and predominantly use it as a gateway to other neighbouring towns etc via stafford road etc.

It's by no means amazing, but offers some decent facilities, and has some very good schools; if you are desperate to venture to a village you can be by the two ponds/Honeywood in Carshalton village in 12 mins from Wallington station.

Yeah. Each to their own and all that.

I specifically wanted to live somewhere with that village type feel but within London.
Old 22-10-2016, 09:36 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Erith, Belvedere and Crayford?
I used to live in Belvedere. A short walk to Abbey Wood or one stop on the mainline. Will benefit from upcoming Crossrail. I'm in Woolwich now, looking forward to Crossrail opening.
Old 22-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Where did you end up?

12 miles from Exeter
Old 22-10-2016, 09:59 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Is there any part of London that hasn't gentrified now?
Peckham still had a late 70's sh1tehole feel about it last time I went through 10 weeks ago. The Nag's Head is now a 49p Shop.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Depends what you class as gentrified?
I prefer not living next to scum bags.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

Transfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
For a put down to work it needs to ring true not actually endorse the put down made against you.
Oh my. Someone who thinks he 's clever on the internet. That's a novelty.

I can't possibly compete with such intellect.
Old 23-10-2016, 12:14 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-10-2016, 12:32 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The rule of thumb in The US is they have a Starbucks!
Old 23-10-2016, 03:57 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
The rule of thumb in The US is they have a Starbucks!

Total opposite here, When our local fast chain closed down "Mcdonalds" in our case and was replaced with a Vegan Cafe. The more Vegan Cafes the more gentrified you are, or the less multinational fast food outlets.... Well here anyway....

Starbucks was a non starter in suburban Melbourne.... They tried and failed. Personally I think when the average 3 bed Victorian terraced house price hits the 7 figures your in a fully gentrified suburb.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 23-10-2016 at 04:16 AM.
Old 23-10-2016, 05:08 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Vote Corbyn and I can see that reversing .
It's one of the areas where I do think Corbyn has contended on to something. Unfortunately, he hasn't convinced me on the rest of his economic plans and I think he might tank the economy. Saying that, THR economy might already be tanked by 2020 anyway. If that happens there might be quite a few people that think, 'why not try something new?'
Old 23-10-2016, 05:22 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
West Croydon, Thornton Heath, Mitcham, Tottenham, Catford maybe? Haven't been there in a couple of years.
I'll be there
CLIMBING UP THE WAAAAAAAALLS
Old 23-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
What does gentrify actually mean in the way people are using it here? Whilst I loathe hipster type people who seem to be a by-product of 'gentrification', the alternative is the places mentioned above being absolute shit holes. Tottenham and West Croydon are horrid.
Old 23-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Interesting article but I really don't think you can discount Supply and Demand as a the main factor that is driving up the prices.

Demand will of course increase with a rapidly increasing population and Supply is limited as whole swathes of properties are bought up by foreign investors. These investors who just buy and leave properties empty are (alongwith the government) the real villains here, but they seem to get let off the hock and all the anger gets misdirected towards landlords.
Old 23-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
What does gentrify actually mean in the way people are using it here? Whilst I loathe hipster type people who seem to be a by-product of 'gentrification', the alternative is the places mentioned above being absolute shit holes. Tottenham and West Croydon are horrid.
Loads of places in London that haven't been gentrified.

The ratio of fried chicken takeaways to minimalistic restaurants with all lower case signage is usually a good barometer.
Old 23-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post

I prefer not living next to scum bags.

lives in Canary Wharf - says he doesn't want to live beside scum bags
Old 23-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
12 miles from Exeter

Cool.
Old 23-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Loads of places in London that haven't been gentrified.

The ratio of fried chicken takeaways to minimalistic restaurants with all lower case signage is usually a good barometer.
Your post reminded me of this article I came across a few months ago: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Though I agree fried chicken shops to restaurants is probably a better barometer than coffee shops, the final map on the article has some pretty obvious flaws, such as showing Canary Wharf as an "up and coming area" because even though the property there is ridiculously expensive, there are no chicken shops and plenty of coffee shops so it fits the author's description of up and coming. (Then again that discrepancy would also show in a restaurants to chicken shops ratio so meh)
I'll be there
CLIMBING UP THE WAAAAAAAALLS

Last edited by dweedman; 23-10-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 23-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I used to live in Belvedere. A short walk to Abbey Wood or one stop on the mainline. Will benefit from upcoming Crossrail. I'm in Woolwich now, looking forward to Crossrail opening.
Woolwich will be interesting in a few years.
Old 23-10-2016, 09:52 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Oh my. Someone who thinks he 's clever on the internet. That's a novelty.

I can't possibly compete with such intellect.
It is easy for me to think it, as I have real life as proof.

Unlike ExCroydon at least you have a level of self awareness, but not sufficient enough yet to stop showing yourself up by posting. Work on it.
Old 23-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCroydon_CPFC View Post
Interesting article but I really don't think you can discount Supply and Demand as a the main factor that is driving up the prices.

Demand will of course increase with a rapidly increasing population and Supply is limited as whole swathes of properties are bought up by foreign investors. These investors who just buy and leave properties empty are (alongwith the government) the real villains here, but they seem to get let off the hock and all the anger gets misdirected towards landlords.
There are many factors and supply & demand is certainly one of them. I stopped reading the article after the first sentence.