Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Don't get me wrong i always tend to positively spin my own circumstances rather than spending the whole time constantly wanting something else and not enjoying what i have. I have never lived in a place that has a significant garden so i am not well qualified to comment on that. However both my house growing up and for a period a terrace house i owned in croydon had small gardens and whilst they have their benefits (bbq, open up the back door and get some fresh air etc.) I don't really think they would have proven much use for my boys now. Who generally spend an awful lot of the time enjoying much better local facilities outside of our home than i ever did.
it comes down to where you live. Central London is far better set up for outside space / facilities than Croydon is. You must have Russell Square, Lincoln Inn Fields, Hyde Park and Regent's Park all in walking distance from you.

A little different to Croham Hurst.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:37 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

One in four buy-to-let investors sell up due to new tax

I've already got rid of my accidental.
I have to say - good. I see the Telegraph is having a go and trying to get the new lot to remove the extra taxes on BTL landlords - about the only good that the previous bunch did for first time buyers. Methinks there are a lot of people on the Telegraph editorial panel with BTL's as this looks like special pleading par excellance.

Houses on the market will be good for the economy generally when people buy houses they spend out on other things as well - kitchens , bathrooms etc far more than the average rather stingy BTL landlord does.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 15-11-2016, 01:39 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Increasing number of central London landlords and private owners now doing short term holiday lets according to BBC news report .
Old 15-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Increasing number of central London landlords and private owners now doing short term holiday lets according to BBC news report .
BBC in late to the news shock.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:42 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
it comes down to where you live. Central London is far better set up for outside space / facilities than Croydon is. You must have Russell Square, Lincoln Inn Fields, Hyde Park and Regent's Park all in walking distance from you.

The main one being corams field in terms of kids play. I recall training on concrete for more than one football team as a kid. Perhaps it is just luck of the draw but they have access to some really decent open spaces and facilities. Mind you not all of them are as brilliant as corams in terms of just being able to pile on and have a kick about. There are loads of playgrounds and parks though. Not sure about Stockholm but you are right London does do a fairly good job of providing outside spaces for kids and general recreation. I know when i was a kid the park felt like a bloody long way away and it was invariably covered in dog shit.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:45 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
So many places near me and in the block i live in have a constant flow of suitcases coming and going. Just in Barter street alone which must have a maximum of 25 residential properties there are at least 5 properties playing that game.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

I practically lived on Croham Hurst when I was a kid. You could do whatever the Sam Hell you wanted - no parkies and very few adults, plenty of places to hide and trees to climb, hills to bundle down on anything with wheels, and you could see for miles from the bit that looks out South.

Unless you're looking for buggery, Croham Hurst has it big time over Russell Square. I always tried to be the first up there after snowfalls. It was a magic place.Smoked my first reefer there, as well.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I practically lived on Croham Hurst when I was a kid. You could do whatever the Sam Hell you wanted - no parkies and very few adults, plenty of places to hide and trees to climb, hills to bundle down on anything with wheels, and you could see for miles from the bit that looks out South.

Unless you're looking for buggery, Croham Hurst has it big time over Russell Square. I always tried to be the first up there after snowfalls. It was a magic place.Smoked my first reefer there, as well.
so it's just a shit Hampstead Heath.

Though quite good when it snowed. Tobogganing had that I might very well die in a minute scariness to it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-11-2016, 01:53 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
So many places near me and in the block i live in have a constant flow of suitcases coming and going. Just in Barter street alone which must have a maximum of 25 residential properties there are at least 5 properties playing that game.
Out of interest does it impact on your quality of life or cause problems ?
Old 15-11-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:

It had it's positives that's for sure. It wasn't great for a kick about mind. Hence the golfers getting pretty irate when we used go on the fairway of the 3rd hole and have a game.

Russell Square doesn't compare you are right :-).
Old 15-11-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Out of interest does it impact on your quality of life or cause problems ?
Rarely.. I can only think of one occasion when the place opposite was rented by some tourists that got royally pissed and locked themselves out. They proceeded to make a right racket late at night and tried to kick in the communal entrance door to the place they were staying.

I would prefer it wasn't going on as the block we are in for example is 8 flats and you get to know everyone. Which i think is good for security and generally ironing out any problems. I understand why people might do it though and it hasn't really caused us any issues.

Last edited by scro; 15-11-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Though quite good when it snowed. Tobogganing had that I might very well die in a minute scariness to it.
The black run compared to the wimps over at purley beeches.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

It was pretty lively for tobogganing and go-carts. Especially when you went head first.
We used to break into the Old Whitgiftians to play football.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Rarely.. I can only think of one occasion when the place opposite was rented by some tourists that got royally pissed and locked themselves out. They proceeded to make a right racket late at night and tried and kick in the communal entrance door to the place they were staying.

I would prefer it wasn't going in as the block we are in for example is 8 flats and you get to know everyone. Which i think is good for security and generally ironing out any problems. I understand why people might do it though and it hasn't really caused us any issues.
We used to rent holiday homes when the kids were young and we always respected and got on with the neighbours especially the ones with young kids themselves as they would invariably end out playing together lol .
Old 15-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Middle class left.

Actually apparently that steep pebble hill down the Sanderstead side used to be called Breakneck Hill, in the early twentieth century.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Actually apparently that steep pebble hill down the Sanderstead side used to be called Breakneck Hill, in the early twentieth century.
My woeful piece of geography coursework will tell you it is in fact a raised beach. Well it might not be but that's what i said it was for a half arsed C grade.

That was cool though... like something out of the goonies... In hindsight i didn't appreciate croham hurst quite as much as i should have. Perhaps because by the time i was old enough to be let out alone with my mates. I was just interested in football and trying to get the only girls we knew to come out (in the old fashioned sense).

Last edited by scro; 15-11-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
The black run compared to the wimps over at purley beeches.
indeed. In fact the only time I have been more scared when tobogganing was when once, while drunk, a group of us decided to toboggan off Clifford's Tower in York on tea trays and I failed to stop and went straight across one of the main roads out of the town.

There was a lot of screeching of tyres, a small crash and some running away involved.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have never really understood the obsession with a garden in terms of kids.
pets
Old 15-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
My woeful piece of geography coursework will tell you it is in fact a raised beach. Well it might not be but that's what i said it was for a half arsed C grade.

That was cool though... like something out of the goonies... In hindsight i didn't appreciate croham hurst quite as much as i should have. Perhaps because by the time i was old enough to be let out alone with my mates. I was just interested in football and trying to get the only girls we knew to come out (in the old fashioned sense).
Yes, apparently that's why you get all those rounded pebbles. the beach thing, I mean. Not the lesbians.
Old 15-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
pets
Crikey if never having a garden is the means by which i never have to own a dog then long may my gardenless existence continue!!