Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Thing is, tomorrow is one of only five stages classified as flat in the tour, the last being stage 12. I can see the sprint teams being willing to exert the energy to make it a bunch finish.

Werner Herzog
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
That's quite a sharp little bump there near the end though - I can see sprinters losing contact.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When this stage is flat I'm glad I'm not riding it
Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
That's quite a sharp little bump there near the end though - I can see sprinters losing contact.
Two bumps I think, but I thought we'd stop talking about Peta.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
Two bumps I think, but I thought we'd stop talking about Peta.
Those bumps aren't little though.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
The two bumps:

4 kilomčtres at 6.4% with a passage at 10% and then 1 kilomčtre at 6.5%.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Those bumps aren't little though.
Hers are definitely Category 1!
Now back to the riding ... Oh
Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think there was anything for Cav to get too prammy about and indeed he seems to have matured a little :

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The italian commentators called him 'cannonball' btw - I hadn't heard that one before.

Bit sad that Garmin put in an enormous shift then Farrar didn't turn up.
Not sure I agree on the 1st point, I rather suspect that if it had been Cav taking that line the result might not have stood, after all he 'lost' a stage win in the 2009(?) TdF for something similar, when in practice ll he was doing was avoiding a barrier.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian
Not sure I agree on the 1st point, I rather suspect that if it had been Cav taking that line the result might not have stood, after all he 'lost' a stage win in the 2009(?) TdF for something similar, when in practice ll he was doing was avoiding a barrier.
I tend to think of that comparison as the tdf comissaires being overly discriminatory than the Italians being 'homers'. In either case we ae not exactly in Abdujaparov territory.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I tend to think of that comparison as the tdf comissaires being overly discriminatory than the Italians being 'homers'. In either case we ae not exactly in Abdujaparov territory.
When I saw it it didn't look too bad, but then the Eurosport comms wouldn't let it go and maybe it was a bit iffy.

Pettachi did well there, as did Cav to come around and get very close. Garmin were awful, I can see Farrar leaving at the end of the year, they just can't sort it out in the big races. Nice to see Sky make an appearance in the top ten.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
All the runners and riders

Salford Eagles (stange555)
Vincenzo NIBALI [22] LIQ 17
Carlos SASTRE [14] GEO 0
Igor ANTON [14] EUS 0
David ARROYO [10] MOV 0
Mark CAVENDISH [20] THR 56
Cameron MEYER [4] GRM 4
Marco PINOTTI [6] THR 53
David MILLAR [6] GRM 4
Russell DOWNING [4] SKY 0

Lyon Eagles(kabbott)
Roman KREUZIGER [14] AST 0
Igor ANTON [14] EUS 0
John GADRET [6] ALM 0
Mark CAVENDISH [20] THR 56
Thomas LOVKVIST [8] SKY 0
Kevin SEELDRAEYERS [4] QST 0
Hubert DUPONT [2] ALM 0
Tiago MACHADO [10] RSH 27

Livestrung (Excowboy)
Denis MENCHOV [18] GEO 0
Igor ANTON [14] EUS 0
Joaquin RODRIGUEZ [14] KAT 0
Tyler FARRAR [16] GRM 4
Marco PINOTTI [6] THR 53
Jérôme PINEAU [6] QST 0
Manuel CARDOSO [4] RSH 13
Daniel MORENO [8] KAT 0

Pasta Pedallers (MasterYoda)
Carlos SASTRE [14] GEO 0
Tiago MACHADO [10] RSH 27
Mauricio ARDILA [6] GEO 0
Alessandro PETACCHI [16] LAM 2
Peter KENNAUGH [2] SKY 0
Russell DOWNING [4] SKY 0
Michele SCARPONI [18] LAM 2

Dougie's Red & Blue Rouleurs (FORZA SLEHURST)
David ARROYO [10] MOV 0
Johann TSCHOPP [6] BMC 0
Tyler FARRAR [16] GRM 4
David MILLAR [6] GRM 4
Pavel BRUTT [4] KAT 0
Christophe LE MEVEL [4] GRM 4

JoyRyderz
Danilo DI LUCA [12] KAT 0
Sylwester SZMYD [6] LIQ 14
Tyler FARRAR [16] GRM 4
David MILLAR [6] GRM 4
Fabian WEGMANN [6] LEO 0
Evgeni PETROV [6] AST 0
Igor ANTON [14] EUS 0

Palestinian National Team (Palestinian)
Denis MENCHOV [18] GEO 0
John GADRET [6] ALM 0
Igor ANTON [14] EUS 0
Murilo FISCHER [6] GRM 4
Fabio DUARTE [4] GEO 0
Rinaldo NOCENTINI [8] ALM 0

Tarmacca
Denis MENCHOV [18] GEO 0
Jose SERPA [8] AND 0
Alessandro PETACCHI [16] LAM 2
Massimo CODOL [4] ASA 0
Marco MARZANO [2] LAM 2
David BLANCO [4] GEO 0
Tyler FARRAR [16] GRM 4
Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Noot! Noot!

No update to velogames for yesterrday's stage yet it appears.

Cav predicts carnage in today's stage on his To view the link you have to Register or Login - guess he's expecting a bunch sprint then.

He attaches this photo of the finish plan.

Edit - original photo a bit large and buggered up the thread a bit, here's a link to larger version - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by FORZA SELHURST; 09-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Returning to obscurity

Quote:
No update to velogames for yesterrday's stage yet it appears.

Cav predicts carnage in today's stage on his To view the link you have to Register or Login - guess he's expecting a bunch sprint then.

He attaches this photo of the finish plan.

Edit - original photo a bit large and buggered up the thread a bit, here's a link to larger version - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Suspect he is referring to the descents and twists and turns in the final 3 km – I’m sure there will be the complete peloton charging down what looks like a winding road onto the sea front; alternatively it could just be Cav getting his revenge on Petacchi and pushing him into the into the Ligurian Sea – perhaps he’ll get Renshaw to do the dirty work for him and head butt him over the railings.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Noot! Noot!

Some bad news for the Palestinian national team from the To view the link you have to Register or Login:

Quote:
165km - One rider who stuggled to make the start was Rinaldo Nocentini, the chap who wore yellow for a week in the 2009 Tour. The Ag2R rider is apparently suffering from bronchitus and finished in some discomfort yesterday.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Returning to obscurity

Perhaps he could ask Petacci whether he's got any Salbutamol left over from the 2007 (?) Giro? That should help relieve the bronchitis
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Noot! Noot!

There was a crack about that in the eurosport live comments - Petacchi finishing an inhalers length ahead of Cav.

One of my velogames boys - Brutt - has got himself in the early 4-man breakaway.

Edit, blimey they've been given 5'50"!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Returning to obscurity

Quote:
One of my velogames boys - Brutt - has got himself in the early 4-man breakaway.

Edit, blimey they've been given 5'50"!
The break will have to get to the feed station if it is to be worth anything - I can see the scores tomorrow
Pavel BRUTT [4] KAT 33
Old 09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Noot! Noot!

They've got a bit under 50k to go from what I can see and the gap's gone up to 6 minutes - perhaps they'll be allowed to make it.

Aggressive rider the russian is - I'll be very happy if his selection pays off even in a small way!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
They've got a bit under 50k to go from what I can see and the gap's gone up to 6 minutes - perhaps they'll be allowed to make it.

Aggressive rider the russian is - I'll be very happy if his selection pays off even in a small way!
You still hung over or what? I think they've covered 50km, still over 100km to go.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
You still hung over or what? I think they've covered 50km, still over 100km to go.
I was refering to the breakaway making the feedzone - apparently you get some velogames points (this is sad I know) !

Gap's down to 4'50", about 20k or so to the feedzone.