Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 29-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Time for me to recommend another American striker, Terrence Boyd. He is actually similar to Murray. He can do the job as a hold up man, he is strong in the air, can make the smart run into space just not for himself but also to free up his teammates as well and he's 22 years old. He's another in the long line of dual German/Americans that grew up in Germany. He spent his youth years with Hertha Berlin then moved to Dortmund but never got a shot with the big club even though he was a consistent scorer in the reserves. He went to Rapid Wien and had 19 goals in 45 matches last season and has 2 goals in their first 2 games this year. It's possible he is this year's Jozy Altidore. If somebody bids before that happens, he could probably be had for 1 million.

Old 30-07-2013, 04:45 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrismara View Post
Aron Jóhannsson, striker/winger, 20yo, AZ Alkmaar. Was top scorer in the danish league this season before AZ snapped him up. He was born in USA and they want him to play for them internationally. He is still undecided wich country he´ll eventually play for.
Just read that Jóhannsson decided to go with the US. Sucks for Iceland, I know. The US lost out on Giuseppe Rossi and Neven Subotic. It's a gamble for him, because he needs to produce to compete with Altidore, Gomez, and Boyd. Plus you have Donovan, Dempsey and Eddie Johnson that can fill in midfield or forward. Now if we can keep John Anthony Brooks from Germany, we'll have some talented guys to run out there.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 30-07-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Adding obligatory Youtube video
Old 30-07-2013, 07:10 AM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Just read that Jóhannsson decided to go with the US. Sucks for Iceland, I know. The US lost out on Giuseppe Rossi and Neven Subotic. It's a gamble for him, because he needs to produce to compete with Altidore, Gomez, and Boyd. Plus you have Donovan, Dempsey and Eddie Johnson that can fill in midfield or forward. Now if we can keep John Anthony Brooks from Germany, we'll have some talented guys to run out there.

Smart move on his part. Johnson, Dempsey, Donavon and Wodjo are nearing 30 or just over it. This will probably be their last WC.

Altidore is guaranteed for 2018. After that its up for grabs. US weakness has always been strikers and center backs. He will get a chance and a lot of media attention if he does well.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I'm not foreign and I'm not suggesting a specific player, so possibly the wrong thread! However, I'm in Cyprus at the moment and went to the Champions League qualifier between Apoel Nicosia and Maribor last night. I went with an Apoel season ticket holder. He said their top earner gets £5k a week. It was a good quality game. It's easy to assume that players in these leagues wouldn't be good enough, but a couple of years ago Apoel made the group stage and didn't disgrace themselves against top European opposition. I'm sure their best players and the best players from other similar clubs in Europe's lesser leagues would be good enough and cheap enough for us. I wonder whether we are scouting wide enough.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Banned by Moderators

El Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Center back: Abdoulaye Ba (Porto)

Winger: Denis Cheryshev (Real Madrid)

Both young players, and I think we have enough hustle to bring them in on loan.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
We're hearing reports that Watford are considering a move for USA international striker Terrence Boyd, who plays in Austria for Rapid Vienna.
I wonder if this is a replacement for Deeney at a cheaper salary.

Quote:
Time for me to recommend another American striker, Terrence Boyd. He is actually similar to Murray. He can do the job as a hold up man, he is strong in the air, can make the smart run into space just not for himself but also to free up his teammates as well and he's 22 years old. He's another in the long line of dual German/Americans that grew up in Germany. He spent his youth years with Hertha Berlin then moved to Dortmund but never got a shot with the big club even though he was a consistent scorer in the reserves. He went to Rapid Wien and had 19 goals in 45 matches last season and has 2 goals in their first 2 games this year. It's possible he is this year's Jozy Altidore. If somebody bids before that happens, he could probably be had for 1 million.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 05-08-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Maybe not the right thread..but not worthy one on it's own I guess..but Morten Gamst Pedersen is avaible on a free from Blackburn..31 years old..but plenty of premier league experience. If we need more wingers we could do worse then him..
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 15-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
Quote:

Smart move on his part. Johnson, Dempsey, Donavon and Wodjo are nearing 30 or just over it. This will probably be their last WC.

Altidore is guaranteed for 2018. After that its up for grabs. US weakness has always been strikers and center backs. He will get a chance and a lot of media attention if he does well.
After watching Johannsson in a 30 minute stint against Bosnia today, he might have put himself right near the top to partner Altidore in Brazil. Created shots for himself out of nothing and picked out a couple of neat passes and ran his guts out.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 15-08-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 27-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
After watching Johannsson in a 30 minute stint against Bosnia today, he might have put himself right near the top to partner Altidore in Brazil. Created shots for himself out of nothing and picked out a couple of neat passes and ran his guts out.
If legit, I will be pissed if they can get him for a decent price.
Quote:
Arsenal are hot on the trail of AZ Alkmaar forward Aron Johannsson, SportsDirect News has learned.

Johannsson, 22, has emerged as one of the best young players playing in Holland.

His recent form at AZ earned him a call-up to the United States national team, with whom he made his international debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on 14 August.

Johannsson has scored three goals in the first three games of the new Eredivisie season and Arsenal, who have a long-standing interest in the player, are now expected to make a transfer bid.
Old 27-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Cardiff have been linked with this guy aswell.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

El Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Kooch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll suggest a few players from the Turkish league. There's a limit on foreign players you can register with the FA so it would be easier to get the following if their teams decided to make room for new players

Dany Nounkeu: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Centre back
Cameroon international
Quick and good on the ball. Sometimes makes rash challenges
Kooch rating: 8/10

Nordin Amrabat: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Winger
Morocco international (Dutch u21)
Very strong and has explosive pace. Loses the ball too much
Kooch rating: 7/10

Albert Riera: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Left back
former Spain international / Liverpool and Man City player
Can play as left winger or left back. Good technique. His pace has dropped significantly

Samuel HolmenTo view the link you have to Register or Login
Centre mid
Swedish international
Works very hard. Jack of all trades sort of player
Kooch rating: 9/10

Michal Kadlec To view the link you have to Register or Login
Left back/centre back
Czech international
Solid, experienced defender. Limited offensive capability

We could get some of these players on loan. They are probably on big wages but their clubs would be willing to get rid of them so Palace would probably have to pay a portion of it. Norwich did a similar thing with Elmander

and a bonus

Lomana Lua Lua To view the link you have to Register or Login
Striker/winger
former PL player
Very quick and has great ball control. he's related to Bolasie and his agent is none other than tony finnegan. 6 months left on his contract
Kooch rating: 8.5/10
Old 19-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Thought it would be a good idea for foreign BBS'ers to have a catch-all thread for suggestions of players from their home countries. So, if Buzzard of Oz sees a guy play in some game in the A-League, he could come on here and suggest him instead of starting a new thread. So, in going first I thought I would suggest a Norwegian player.

Mikkel Morgenstar Pålssønn Diskerud
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
ESPN FC spoke with a Champions League scout to gauge the playmaker's potential. The scout was willing to give a full evaluation of Diskerud as long as his identity wasn't revealed due to potential club tampering issues. And he agrees, Diskerud needs a move to improve his consistency on the international level.

"You can see when he joins up with the national team that he isn't accustomed to the speed of play at the international level at times," the scout told ESPN FC. "Even if the opposition isn't as technically gifted as what he is used to in Norway and with his club team, CONCACAF provides physical, fast, strong opposition that forces any player to play quickly.

Strengths:

He's a two-way midfielder who is just as comfortable going forward as he is tracking back and putting in a tough tackle. Physically, he's got good size and a good engine that allows him to cover quite a bit of ground throughout matches.

On the ball, he's creative and technically efficient as well. His range of passing is good, a vital tool for a central midfielder, which makes him equally comfortable hitting 40-yard diagonals and 5-yard passes in central areas. His creativity and awareness help him quickly unlock defenses.

That same awareness and technical efficiency allows him to switch the point of attack easily when things get too tight or congested on one side of the pitch.

Off the ball he's eager and full of energy. He's not afraid to make long forward runs into the opposition's box, but he can often be seen breaking up the play after his side loses the ball. Defensively, he's a good tackler and his size often allows him to get a foot on the ball even when it looks as if the opposition is about to break.

Weaknesses:

While he does have good size, he lacks a bit of power and pace. Top, top players are often able to combine all the technical and intelligent bits with power and strength, and Diskerud lacks a little in this department.

His ability to play quickly when the level rises also needs to improve and this will come from challenging himself even further as he continues his career. He seems quite comfortable at this stage of his career in Norway and needs to make a move to a bigger league, which will force him to play quicker and even more intelligent. At 23, he has shown that he is capable of playing in Norway’s top flight. Can he handle the game when it gets much quicker?

Though his slight lack of strength isn't terribly concerning, he could improve this aspect of his game and really become a menace on both sides of the ball in the midfield.

Similar playing style: Tomas Rosicky

Current transfer fee: $2,500,000
Future transfer fee: $3.5-$6M
Old 19-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Imanol Agirretxe.
Old 19-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Imanol Agirretxe.
Sorry, that name doesn't rhyme with wanker. (as far as I can tell) No Sale!
Old 20-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
If we were to sign anyone from Turkey it should be Bogdan Stancu.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
CALCIOMERCATO ROMA DISKERUD WERDER / BREMA (Germania) - Michael Bradley potrebbe lasciare la Roma, ma i capitolini potrebbero avere comunque uno statunitense a centrocampo. Stando a quanto riporta 'infoticker', infatti, i giallorossi starebbero duellando con il Werder Brema per Mikkel Diskerud, 23enne mediano americano naturalizzato norvegese che andrà in scadenza di contratto il 31 dicembre 2014 con il Rosenborg.

CALCIOMERCATO ROME Diskerud WERDER / BREMEN (Germany) - Michael Bradley could leave Rome, the Capitoline but may still have an American in midfield. According to reports 'ticker', in fact, the Giallorossi WOULD dueling with Werder Bremen for Mikkel Diskerud, median 23 year-old naturalized American Norwegian contract that will expire December 31, 2014 with Rosenborg.
Two things here: Could Michael Bradley really be available? Although, even if he was, we would be far down the line of likely destinations for him. Second, if there is a tug-of-war between Werder Bremen and Roma for Diskerud, I want some damn props.
Old 15-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Borussia Mönchengladbach currently sit third in the Bundesliga and look like they'll spend the second half of the season in a battle for the third and fourth Champions League spots awarded to the league. They'll be looking to beef up their roster before competing in Europe next season, and they reportedly have their eyes set on USMNT fullback/midfielder Fabian Johnson.

The report comes from German tabloid Bild, and while their reporting isn't always 100% reliable, they shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. The only person on record speaking about the move is Hoffenheim's Sporting Director Alexander Rosen. He told Bild, "Yes, it's true. Various Bundesliga clubs are interested in him." Johnson's contract with Hoffenheim is up at the end of the season.
For the US, Johnson has played on the right and left, in defense and in the midfield. Klinsmann has used him mostly on the left side. He has been very good coming forward for the US, but he might be needed at LB in the World Cup. I would assume staying in Germany (with a team vying for a CL spot) is his preference but considering he's being offered on a free, it might be worth a shot.
Old 15-01-2014, 07:29 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
I'm not foreign and I'm not suggesting a specific player, so possibly the wrong thread! However, I'm in Cyprus at the moment and went to the Champions League qualifier between Apoel Nicosia and Maribor last night. I went with an Apoel season ticket holder. He said their top earner gets £5k a week. It was a good quality game. It's easy to assume that players in these leagues wouldn't be good enough, but a couple of years ago Apoel made the group stage and didn't disgrace themselves against top European opposition. I'm sure their best players and the best players from other similar clubs in Europe's lesser leagues would be good enough and cheap enough for us. I wonder whether we are scouting wide enough.
Your location sounds a bit french to me

I heard we ventured into newcastle under lyme for some chips, and also looked at a Port Vale player, but thats as far away from stoke as the scouts have been permitted to travel

Anyway if you're having a go i'm going to suggest Wu Lei, samsung have made him their Asian wonderkid player, alongside Messi and Ronaldo. Unfortunately he is facing stiff competition from Glenn Whelan.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 15-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The mere fact that he managed to find the target has me preferring him to Jerome.
Old 22-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Panty Organizer

Update time for my suggestions;

Terrence Boyd - 16 goals in 38 appearances for Rapid Vienna. Could probably be had for around 1M before the World Cup. Will not see much action (and might not even make it to Brazil) so no chance of a transfer fee explosion
Aron Johannsson - 26 goals in 50(!) appearances this season including 17 in the league. Price is about to exceed our budget. I would say 5M if Alkmaar decide they have a replacement ready. Will definitely get playing time in Brazil and he could double that price if he comes good against Ghana, Portugal or Germany.
Mikkel Diskerud - Just started the Norwegian season with Rosenborg so I have no clue how he is going. Will make the US roster for the World Cup but might have a hard time getting any action
Jack McInerney - After a hot start to last season when he was leading scorer at the halfway point, fell off in the second half and was traded to Montreal after 4 games this season. Maybe Marco Di Vaio can show him how to be a consistent scorer.