Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2017, 07:43 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
I'm hoping for an ethical euthanasia policy so I can legally and easily pop off before I end up in a overpriced shithole of a care home.
I have a lot of sympathy with that view.
Old 19-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm hoping for an ethical euthanasia policy so I can legally and easily pop off before I end up in a overpriced shithole of a care home.
You are dead right 😱
Old 19-05-2017, 08:36 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
No. Once a property is placed in trust, it is outside of an individual's estate.
Is this an option only for the rich, or can anyone do this?
Old 19-05-2017, 09:24 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
With this lot in charge, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap retirement age and replace it with 'compulsory extermination age'.

Unless you're a millionaire, of course.
Old 19-05-2017, 09:27 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Currently, anyone. I took advice on this last year, and apparently up to one half of your estate can be protected in this way. I was also told that legal eagles don't want to know the real reason why you want to do it, as although not illegal it is recognised as a way of side stepping an element social care costs.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
So let me get this straight. The Tory party are suggesting that your care should be self funded until you are left with just £100k of assets but, it's all ok because you won't be charged until you die.

This is nothing but a tax with the highest rate charged to the poorest and the lowest paid by the wealthy.

Your £200k flat? We'll have half of that.

Genuinely disgusted of Dorset.

Tenants in common rather than joint owners. Its sometimes used to beat the Inheritance tax.

That way a husband and wife own half each, the state could not take more than the share of the owner since that is 100k which is the limit nothing could be taken.

When that person dies his/hers beneficeries get the value of that half share, prolly your kids. The remaining elderly partner now owns only half 100k, the limit so safe from being taken.

Does that make sense?
Old 19-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I didn't think of this.

So without it being clear, and fearing the worst, an old couple could end up being done over big time?

Old married man gets ill, requiring lots of medical care.
After several years, he dies.
His half of the estate is used to pay for the medical care.
His wife now has to leave her house because she only owns half?!

That Will not happen, will it? Surely not?!
Sorry to bang on about my previous point but if they are joint owners then surely when he dies the house goes to her regardless of debtors.

Does anyone know this stuff.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Absolutely, the first time I go upstairs and can't remember what I went up for I'm off to Switzerland.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The Standard mentions tonight that an average terrace in
Hartlepool is around £76k. So a woman up there with, say, £20k savings would now be able to pass on the lot rather than just £23k. This tax does then benefit those with modest homes and savings in the more downbeat regions but looks a seriously contentious and probably unpopular tax in the south east. They'll have to amend it to, at the very least, make it £100k per person.
Yes, its a Southern tax, they all are.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Anyone can do it but its not plain sailing you are no longer the owner of your estate and you may find your needs don't match those of the beneficaries of the trust.

I assume they usually work out ok but I do know someone that regrets it.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I reckon a heroin overdose will do the trick.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
My old man would top himself if he thought all he'd worked for would be going to some care home instead of the kids.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:12 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Absolutely, the first time I go upstairs and can't remember what I went up for I'm off to Switzerland.
Better not risk attending the Palace Beer Festival then.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:19 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry to bang on about my previous point but if they are joint owners then surely when he dies the house goes to her regardless of debtors.

Does anyone know this stuff.
And what if the wife lives for another 20 years or so...will the govt keep a record of what's owed for his care and then claim it as soon as she dies?

And what about their joint savings? Say they had £40k in the bank and his care cost £200K....do the govt take all the savings and then wait for the outstanding £160K from the house sale? Or do they take £20k when he dies, leaving her with half the savings?

I can see this becoming a huge administrative mess....they've already shown that they're failing to collect the student university loans from large numbers.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:22 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could sell your home and pile the money into shares in Care Home companies like Agincare who's CEO is a Tory party donor or Castlemead Ltd who Philip Hammond is a director for.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:40 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
My old man would top himself if he thought all he'd worked for would be going to some care home instead of the kids.
If the kids look after him when he needs them to then there is no issue...
Old 20-05-2017, 12:51 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Presumably when you get there you'll buy an enormous Toblerone and come straight home mumbling about why you went to ******* Switzerland in the first place.

Cricket wanker.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:16 AM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
There must be something in the manifesto they're trying to make us overloook.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:40 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
A lifetimes savings will be passed over to an overcharging care home , It's going to be like a goldrush for them .
The new poll tax - I predict a riot
Old 20-05-2017, 02:56 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Trouble is you won't remember where your passport is!