Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-01-2009, 09:17 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RBS

Just bought a bunch of RBS shares, my thoughts are the worst that can happen is they go bust and I lose the lot, my hope is that all their bad news is now out there so the only way is up, obviously hoping for the latter. What do you think am I mad or shrewd?
Old 21-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle
Just bought a bunch of RBS shares, my thoughts are the worst that can happen is they go bust and I lose the lot, my hope is that all their bad news is now out there so the only way is up, obviously hoping for the latter. What do you think am I mad or shrewd?
mad
Old 21-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
mad
I suspect you're right.
Old 21-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
No harm in a very small punt. Downside 100%, upside could be astronomical. I think the only reason they won't be worth zero is if the govt bow to shareholder pressure to give some value.
Till they're knocking on the door of your homes
Old 21-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan
Don't we own half of it anyway?
Old 21-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsmccan
Don't we own half of it anyway?
70%
Old 21-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan hoopsmccan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
70%
That's what I thought.

Lords. You appear to be buying your own company from yourself.
Old 21-01-2009, 10:16 AM

grey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrey ghost sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
if a bunch is 5 or 6 ( like bananas ) then as you get will get change out of a quid , you are ok , if you bought a lot then you are as mad as a hatter , but i like the idea and think ill join you .
Old 21-01-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsmccan
That's what I thought.

Lords. You appear to be buying your own company from yourself.
Or you may have to buy my share from me
Old 21-01-2009, 10:31 AM

fulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfulhameagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Should have had your mad punt on Braclays instead
Old 21-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
If you're looking to invest middle term then I think they are worth a punt.
Everyone apart from David, as share are wrong in his eyes. Although i'm sure he enjoys his interest rate of the bank every month.
Old 21-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Better hope fortune really does favour the brave.
Old 21-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
If you're looking to invest middle term then I think they are worth a punt.
Everyone apart from David, as share are wrong in his eyes. Although i'm sure he enjoys his interest rate of the bank every month.
Certainly not looking short term, medium to long (or as long as they're in business)
Old 21-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Seig Neil

Quote:
Or you may have to buy my share from me

I figure that 70% of your share value belongs to me anyway.
Old 21-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Certainly not looking short term, medium to long (or as long as they're in business)
We'll see, but as the govnt has just pumped £X billion into them then i imagine they will not want them going out of business.
Cheaper to let it fold and pay the unemployment.
Old 21-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Nobody is suggesting they will go out of business, well hardly anyone.

The shares won't have any value this time next year though.
Old 21-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Nobody is suggesting they will go out of business, well hardly anyone.

The shares won't have any value this time next year though.
Where did i say they will ??

Middle term punt David, try reading.
Old 21-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm thinking of having a punt too.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 21-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurstparkflyer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remeber when oil price was at $10 and everybody said it was a sell.

If you can afford to lose a bit of money then the return could be very good.
Old 21-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Where did i say they will ??

Middle term punt David, try reading.
I used to say shit like this when I was much younger too.

Seriously, cut your losses and gtfo