Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-08-2014, 11:26 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Not really. Considering Sky etc read this forum, he can't really answer the question honestly and anyway i think we all know the answer to the question.
He's already being quoted on numerous media outlets (rightly or wrongly) that he's "struggling" to find a manager you'd also be inclined to believe that finding players to come to a mangerless club would also be a struggle. It would be good to hear whilst on a fans forum site a line or two going some way to settle the nerves of concerned fans, As he has done so today already to answer unfounded accusations and questions...
Old 26-08-2014, 11:29 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Not really all true as the short comings are clear to most..

A primary left back
Cover in the middle of the park at CM for Jedi & Ledley
At least one additional wide player, maybe two
An out and out striker
Maybe a ball playing CM

Other than the striker all are fairly independent of the style of play, and remember we also have the options of loans - 6 or 12 months as well.

Time is tight, but its not impossible
So signing 5 players in 5 days..... That should be a doddle seeing we signed players 3 in 3 months.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 View Post
All I care about is this club and the outcomes we create together, people can say what they like to protect their reputation or post rationalise events I'm not getting involved unless its a closed door session for the people still at this club that want us to succeed, the fans. When I say I could have done this and could have done that and maybe this or that would not have happened,. its because when things happen that we might not want I don't instantly think to blame everyone else. Instead first look to see what I could have done differently .No one is every 100% right or 100% wrong . I don't see my job as a popularity contest neither do I see it as courting controversy. I see it as making the hard decisions that will make us thrive and improve, to create a new reality for the football club , one thats not boom and bust .

I think together we aren't doing a bad job so far but we did it by being together and we need more than ever to stay together .

Up the Palace

SP
It's simply worth another re-post isn't it. Remarkable.

My only further input at this stage would be that for now at least we should let SP get on with the job/decision. Nothing wrong with anything above, quite the opposite but the journalists latest trend of reporting/quoting BBS postings makes it difficult to engage. It will settle later I suspect.

Also I do think he might be busy :-)

Up the Palace
Old 26-08-2014, 11:31 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
All I care about is this club and the outcomes we create together, people can say what they like to protect their reputation or post rationalise events I'm not getting involved unless its a closed door session for the people still at this club that want us to succeed, the fans. When I say I could have done this and could have done that and maybe this or that would not have happened,. its because when things happen that we might not want I don't instantly think to blame everyone else. Instead first look to see what I could have done differently .No one is every 100% right or 100% wrong . I don't see my job as a popularity contest neither do I see it as courting controversy. I see it as making the hard decisions that will make us thrive and improve, to create a new reality for the football club , one thats not boom and bust .

I think together we aren't doing a bad job so far but we did it by being together and we need more than ever to stay together .

Up the Palace

SP
Bit sad cpfc2010 feel compelled to come on here to defend themselves in the middle of trying to get a manager and sign players.

But fair play to the guy, I defy anyone to say that reply is PR guff. Straight from the heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 26-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Bit sad cpfc2010 feel compelled to come on here to defend themselves in the middle of trying to get a manager and sign players.

But fair play to the guy, I defy anyone to say that reply is PR guff. Straight from the heart.
Bit sad you feel the need to have a pop at the chairman for responding to repetitive criticism.

Poor bloke can't win if he stays silent and can't win if he engages in dialogue with frustrated/concerned fans.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can everyone f*cking behave now? We have hands down the best owners in the country and even if they make mistakes they always have the best interests of the club at heart.
Some people pissing their pants on here in the last week or so really need to take a hard look at themselves.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:35 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
So signing 5 players in 5 days..... That should be a doddle seeing we signed players 3 in 3 months.
How many did we sign on the last day in the January window ?
Old 26-08-2014, 11:35 AM

Shes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses growShes_So_Palace knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:

Up the Palace

SP

What an awesome chairman! We are lucky.

Keep doing what you're doing Steve, you have my total support.

I'm on twitter don't you know! follow me @indigosteph
Old 26-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
How can someone honestly look at the squad and see what's needed in the given timeframe. They wont be able to see the team in a match situation ,other than what they might have watched against Arsenal and West Ham on T.V (which were frankly chalk and cheese performances). They can only really go on advice from Millen and Garner.

No amount of window dressing can hide the fact its been for many reasons a very poor transfer window. We have failed to capitalise on the momentum form the end of the season where I feel we could have attracted a greater variety of players who would have seen our performances and spirit and wanted to be a part of it.

Any manager now coming in faces a massive battle to bring the squad together to his philosophy and also attract players he wants to strengthen it given the massive time constraints. Also giving the biggest transfer budget our history to someone who has been at the club for a couple of days is a frightening thought.
There's a fair amount of truth in this, but dissecting over events that have now happened will serve us little in the way of gaining anything for doing so. For one reason or another we find ourselves in the biggest hole since the 4-1 defeat to Fulham last season (though, that was a far bigger hole at that point IMO). What we need to look at now is what we can do, what we can still accomplish and salvage. We've been through far, far greater adversity than this and some shining beacons that any prospective manager will cling on to are that a) our team is filled with players who have fight and spirit and b) they'll have a war chest that they get to spend quickly to accentuate what we've got.

That fat lady may be doing her warm up exercises for the transfer window (and arguably the first 1/4 - 1/2 of our season) but she's not begun singing. We can still do a pretty good salvage job if we're pulling together.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 26-08-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:37 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
Can everyone f*cking behave now? We have hands down the best owners in the country and even if they make mistakes they always have the best interests of the club at heart.
Some people pissing their pants on here in the last week or so really need to take a hard look at themselves.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 26-08-2014, 11:38 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Bit sad you feel the need to have a pop at the chairman for responding to repetitive criticism.

Poor bloke can't win if he stays silent and can't win if he engages in dialogue with frustrated/concerned fans.
what the hell are you on about? read my reply again, and if you want, my replies earlier in the thread

Old 26-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Probationary User

Canterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCanterbury Ted has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
SP - I do hope you slept well last night. You will need a clear head in reaching and taking the hard nosed decision(s) that you will need take in the next day or so. I know that you have the club's interest to heart and hope that you remain for the foreseeable future. Three years ago you convinced me to purchase a season ticket even though I live 60 miles ciao
Old 26-08-2014, 11:40 AM
techno sapiens

and Friskey mate.. look up the meaning of magnanimous.

chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some sheep repeating ad infinitum that the term pant wetters describes posters with different views to others as well .. Lazy and predictable ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
How can someone honestly look at the squad and see what's needed in the given timeframe. They wont be able to see the team in a match situation ,other than what they might have watched against Arsenal and West Ham on T.V (which were frankly chalk and cheese performances). They can only really go on advice from Millen and Garner.

No amount of window dressing can hide the fact its been for many reasons a very poor transfer window. We have failed to capitalise on the momentum form the end of the season where I feel we could have attracted a greater variety of players who would have seen our performances and spirit and wanted to be a part of it.

Any manager now coming in faces a massive battle to bring the squad together to his philosophy and also attract players he wants to strengthen it given the massive time constraints. Also giving the biggest transfer budget our history to someone who has been at the club for a couple of days is a frightening thought.
To be frank most managers buy players they have worked with before or were after before. One act hat they know or have researched. Usually without regard to who there is at new club.
Who was pulis after according to reports? 3 players at his old club.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:41 AM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
100% support for Steve here!!!
Old 26-08-2014, 11:43 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post

I think he means its a bit sad that the chairman feels he even has to come on here to justify himself! ie the situation is sad, not SP
Old 26-08-2014, 11:45 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
CPFC2010 have always maintained a level of professionalism and dignity since they became owners.

They have not sought to denigrate former managers like their predecessors would have done.

It is also no surprise that former managers have sought some form of self-preservation following their departures as managers.

As fan’s we will not always know what goes on behind closed doors, but what cannot be doubted though is that the board have the best interest of CPFC at their heart.

Time to trust them.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:46 AM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Some sheep repeating ad infinitum that the term pant wetters describes posters with different views to others as well .. Lazy and predictable ..
as is somebody picking them up for it SB

SP, thanks....