Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 09:09 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle View Post
This might get slated, but it is true to a degree at least. I had Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle and Tottenham fans taking the pi** today. They might seem like di*ks for doing it, but you can kind of see their point - it must look to everyone outside the club like we've imploded even before the second game of the season.
If you're a Palace fan of any age surely by now you've got used to fans from wanky clubs like that taking the piss.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:09 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
OMG.......season 1 game old and people are suicidal because we have taken more than 5 days to appoint a manager.
I know. So much negativity and blind panic from some people and it's well OTT.

Okay, would have been great to tie everything up quick and easy but things don't often go that way. It's only been less than a week since TP dropped his bombshell anyway. I'm sure SP and co are moving as quickly as they can.

As for new signings, well that is a big problem but not one that can't be fixed provided that our new manager has got some ideas about who we wants when he arrives (which a good manager should have). Admittedly we will have to move pretty sharpish but it can still be done if we get someone by start of next week.
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 20-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Not wanting to defend DB but if you need to own the club to have an opinion that would count all of us out. Shut the BBS, unless this is 1984 and the ministry of truth.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Maybe, but the effects of this on our season could be disastrous. It feels like we're in freefall and at the very least is bound to set back any new appointment by a few days, so there will be almost no time for the new man to bring players in. I will support CPFC until the day I die, but I do now fear the worst for this season.
Please get a grip!

This is the Palace roller-coaster; when did some of our fans suddenly become Spurs fans, expecting everything NOW?

No one has died, we haven't been relegated in August, we haven't been put into administration, we're not near insolvency.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:11 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Maybe, but the effects of this on our season could be disastrous. It feels like we're in freefall and at the very least is bound to set back any new appointment by a few days, so there will be almost no time for the new man to bring players in. I will support CPFC until the day I die, but I do now fear the worst for this season.
I'd rather get relegated for a season than have a management team that turns us into a Leeds or Wolves or god forbid, Brighton.

We're a well run club with stable finances and we'll be alright.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:17 PM

alexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post

We're a well run club with stable finances and we'll be alright.
There aren't many clubs that can say that are there. So many ticking time bombs out there.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:18 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Feel for CPFC 2010 tonight, so much in 7 days that they would have never expected. I really hope even the anti Parish lot can see that this latest delay/knock back is bad luck and not his bloody fault!!
Old 20-08-2014, 09:19 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
If you're a Palace fan of any age surely by now you've got used to fans from wanky clubs like that taking the piss.
Of course; many, many times. It's just a bit easier to laugh off, "you lost 9-0" than "your manager left 2 days before the season, your Chairman said you'd have someone in by Wednesday, your number one candidate fell through and someone else turned you down".

Last edited by W Malling Eagle; 20-08-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 20-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
I take it you didn't get to the final sentence of my OP.
What this "Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.'

You are kidding right???

Parish and Co own the club they do not answer to you, me or anyone else unless you pay their wages.

I'll say it again we are lucky we have the board we have that are open and honest. What other club has that openness and bond with their fans and yet people still abuse and question their motives.

They have not done one bad thing to the detriment of our club and each time we've been knocked down we've come back stronger because of there decisions.

They do NOT owe us an explanation for anything that they do and we should be thankful we get the communication we do.

Ask the fans of any other club.... Chelsea, Moan Utd, City etc.....
Old 20-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
Whilst I can't hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did to save the club. This can never be forgotten he has a lot to answer for to the fans once all of this settles down.

I was torn between Parish and Pulis last week and at first was on the Pulis side before thinking that Parish made sense over the weekend after the Arsenal fixture.

However, I now think Parish has left us in an untenable position for the season. The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last. It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job. Based on this why would a manager now want to come and manage Crystal Palace?

To me the whole of this triggers around Zaha. Rumours are he was caught earlier speeding in Coulsdon which shows he is in the area and seems ready to sign. If this is the stumbling block then Parish just has to sign Zaha and then appoint a manager and not interfere.

As we have become a bigger club and attracted bigger names and managers it seems apparent that they will not stand for any interference from Parish and he and the board have to have the faith to believe in a manager and let them manage this football club in the way they feel appropriate. DF was inexperienced but since him IH,TP and beyond have shown signs in the media that they have been irritated by Parish and haven't had a strong working relationship with him.

It's all beginning to look like that KM could get it as his a nice guy would listen to Parish and is respected by the club. If this was the case as much as I like KM this would be a disaster.

At this stage I would want Steve Clarke as our manager. 2nd choice Jol but please not Tim Sherwood.

Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.
Highlighted one bit in particular that you need to be pulled up on. Our temporary status as a Premier League club, and our achievement in finishing 11th last year does not make us a bigger club than we were 4 years ago any more than Charlton's sustained run in the top league did a few years ago. This is hubris.

We aren't a big club. We're plucky underdogs, always have been. True, we are the biggest club in south London, and bigger than any club to the south of us (except possibly Southampton), but this has always been the case. Long may it continue. Perish the thought that we may one day become fashionable.

In the meantime, Parish deserves a lot of credit for handling the shit that comes along with the job and not losing his mind.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:25 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Please get a grip!

This is the Palace roller-coaster; when did some of our fans suddenly become Spurs fans, expecting everything NOW?

No one has died, we haven't been relegated in August, we haven't been put into administration, we're not near insolvency.
Love people taking things out of context! Personal view - I reckon we'll go down this season. Not asking anyone to agree, it's just an opinion. We've gone from having a manager who was all but guaranteed to keep us up to having no manager and we've done less transfer business than pretty much any of our rivals. If a new manager comes in at the end of the week, he'll have about a week to bring in the players he wants, with selling clubs no doubt holding us to ransom as they know how desperate we are. Not saying anyone's died or that it's the end of the world, but it is disappointing. Never mind, life goes on, more important things to worry about, etc etc.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm feeling a bit smug about our club right now, 13th in the prem and with a very good bunch of players, with no debt and the best bunch of supporters in the land.

I get knocked down but i get up again, you ain't ever gonna keep me down.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Love people taking things out of context! Personal view - I reckon we'll go down this season. Not asking anyone to agree, it's just an opinion. We've gone from having a manager who was all but guaranteed to keep us up to having no manager and we've done less transfer business than pretty much any of our rivals. If a new manager comes in at the end of the week, he'll have about a week to bring in the players he wants, with selling clubs no doubt holding us to ransom as they know how desperate we are. Not saying anyone's died or that it's the end of the world, but it is disappointing. Never mind, life goes on, more important things to worry about, etc etc.
Only person to blame for this is Pulis.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling View Post
Only person to blame for this is Pulis.
Could be. Or might be six of one, half a dozen of the other. I wasn't having a go at anyone, it might even be true that SP has dodged a bullet, I just fear the worst. Compared to this time last week, we're in a worrying position and probably won't end up being better than three other teams this season. However, I love being wrong about Palace and will gladly point and laugh at myself for being such an utter muppet come May.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:36 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
From what I've heard, Parish has been remarkably dignified and restrained in the circumstances.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
good bloody riddance to Pulis

the days of managers running the whole club went with the era of Clough

we have the best owners bar none

I back Parish
Old 20-08-2014, 09:38 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
good bloody riddance to Pulis

the days of managers running the whole club went with the era of Clough

we have the best owners bar none

I back Parish
Or you could argue that If you have someone who is very good at their job dont interfere!

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 20-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Get a grip people. We can sign players without a manager and there is an international break soon. We may not have a manager for Saturday but we will soon.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:39 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
we are in a much better position than this time last year, much better squad and we have a great chance of staying in this division this year and if we don't, we have a great chance of not going into administration
Old 20-08-2014, 09:40 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
From what I've heard, Parish has been remarkably dignified and restrained in the circumstances.
Few people have been hinting at this, Moody's been a naughty boy has he?