Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2017, 11:10 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The whole problem with GPD in the last 5 years, summed up in one sentence.
It may well be, as he's clearly taking the piss, yet you've sneered at him regardless.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Although I agree with the sentiments your post it's a sentimental and defeatist attitude to just say we are little old Crystal Palace, and something Steve Parish would definitely not agree with.

We may have bumbled though the times on a rollercoaster but you can't mask some serious issues within that, e.g. Being in admin twice and nearly disappearing, and a ground that desperately needs massive investment. We did hit the jackpot getting promoted when we did and maybe it did come too early but CPFC2010 took that gamble at the time.

Regardless of who the manager is we need a transfer structure. If Parish hasn't got the time to sort that out then he should have been paying someone to do it all along, which as others have pointed out brings into question exactly what Mark Bright and Tim Coe actually do, along with Phil Alexander.
It isn't defeatist, its pragmatic and true. The reality of the PL is that 14 clubs are fighting relegation each year, with the three promoted teams usually facing an even harder battle. In our lifetime, and without being bought by an Abramovic, Qatar Holdings etc we will always be there, as will WBA, Stoke, WHU, Bournemouth, Swansea etc etc one season or another. Realistically, we can aim for the odd foray into Europe or the odd cup final, but they are highly unlikely to be regular any time soon. Our realistic aim is to do our best to make the relegation struggles rarer than they are today.

On the ground, we are hamstrung by where we are and by some old decisions. Sainsbury's remains a huge issue in modernising Selhurst, as does the newish housing behind the main stand and the overall cramped nature of the site. We are hugely limited by space and planning issues where we are today, while acquiring new sites in the inflated world of SE property is hugely challenging both in terms of costs and also NIMBY-ism by those where we seek to move (as seen in the rejection of changes to Beckenham recently). The same issues face upgrading training and Academy facilities. I have no doubt that the money is there, and burning a hole in the board's pockets but the reality of actually spending it in SE London is very difficult. Where we used to live in Kenley a developer needed the best part of 4 years to build a care home on an old people's home site and then extend it due to residents objections etc. Some fans have a far too simplistic view of the complexities of all this.

On transfers - I fail to see how anyone cannot see how our first team has not evolved hugely in the past 2-3 years, while agreeing that the depth is missing in certain positions. That has been done by the much derided transfer team spending around £30-40m in each of the past three windows. Yes, there are gaps, and some fans question some first teamers like Hennessy, but we just can't afford to have instant first XI quality sitting around on the side lines - although in some positions we probably are getting close. In the last window FdB seems to have been part of the issue. Taking the various articles by Ashton, Ornstein, Maylon & Fifield together it seems he was in no way decisive on giving feedback on who he wanted and didn't want. Perfect example, Ward & Kelly told they were not needed then instantly put in the first team. It could also explain the lack of a striker - various options on available strikers like Niasse & Tosun (sp?) being put forward and him reluctant to make a decision until we basically ran out of time.

Running a PL club is hugely complex and 5 seasons of survival, a cup final, a very strong first XI, a lack of huge losses or debt and seemingly a fund sitting waiting for a new ground etc isn't a bad return thus far. Mistakes will always be made - AP being kept a few months too long, FdB's interview process, trusting Pulis when we paid his bonus early etc etc - but that happens in any business, even the very best make missteps and in the PL lots of clubs pay bigger money that we have done for real clunkers.

Hodgson is a good fit for the next couple of seasons and is in early enough that simply turning around home form could be enough to get us away from trouble. After that, maybe he will move up to some form of DoF role - who knows, but he should get us a steady hand to have the right manager identified to take over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 13-09-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
It may well be, as he's clearly taking the piss, yet you've sneered at him regardless.
If he's taking the mick it's a whoosh. But I'm still right

If not, then I'm right.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

If not, then I'm right.
Pretty much your stance on everything you post.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:48 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
10'000 posts dedicated to the good man - well done Steve P and keep up the good work at the club in the club's most ever successful period of time. Continue to ignore the prats!
Indeed Andy, I'll second that with post 10001. Onwards and upwards.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:53 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
But I'm still right

If not, then I'm right.
You should just copy and paste this mate. Save you some keystroke in the future
Old 13-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
So the lack of signings his summer was all down to FDB now? I was actually waiting to start reading this kind of thing. No doubt he wanted to sign Peter Crouch and Jonathan Walters for £50 million as well?

Can we also blame him for the Arthur Wait bogs, the loyalty points system, the fact that our kids train at Goals and anything else that's upset anyone over the last few years?
Ummm… I've hammered the board, far more so than FbB, on here and Twitter over the past few days. Though always constructively rather than abusively, I would hope.

Only shared the Robles story as I know it to be true and it directly related to someone's previous post, about de Boer vetoing specific transfers. Which, rightly or wrongly, he did.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 13-09-2017, 12:01 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

If not, then I'm right.
You certainly always make out you are. Top fan as well.
Old 13-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

If not, then I'm right.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 13-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post

Benteke staying fit all season is as sure as the sun rising in the morning.

Lovely stuff. And there we all were panicking about it.
SP needs to take a rest. He's making himself look stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 13-09-2017, 12:25 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
How many yellow cards has Bentekkers got?
Old 13-09-2017, 12:41 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
3 I think although could be wrong.
Old 13-09-2017, 12:49 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
yes it is three so almost certainly will be suspended before December
Old 13-09-2017, 12:50 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is 3. So allowed one more between now and April and receive no suspension. Cant see any issue....hmmm
Old 13-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Whoosh.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Pretty much your stance on everything you post.

Hehe. I laughed
Old 13-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Semper Idem

Good. Some laughter is perhaps welcome on this thread…

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Whoosh.
nope

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 13-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Semper Idem

Oh, ok. Of course I was being entirely serious…

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-09-2017, 01:23 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

Shit.