Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2017, 09:39 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
It's a bit brutal that article, but parish deserves to get some stick, his made us look a laughing stock.
Agreed
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
our club . Parish FC you mean
It's really very sad that you think that.

More for you than the Club.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Reminded me of Charlie Nicholas's ill informed and incoherent rant on Sky last night.
Let us know when that idiot says something that isn't an I'll informed incoherent rant.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I always think it's a bit rich for journalists to tell people how they should be running their businesses. Especially when they have never done it themselves and their opinion pieces appear to contain factual inaccuracies.

Mr Reade is from Liverpool, which may explain his sainting of Mr Shankly
There's a club that has always been a shining example to us all....
Old 13-09-2017, 09:41 PM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
If I had the career DeBoer had and I was expected to explain myself to a businessmen and a lower league journeyman who's done nothing of note I'd be fuming.

You seem to have missed the point that he is employed by Steve I.e he reports to him.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If I had the career DeBoer had and I was expected to explain myself to a businessmen and a lower league journeyman who's done nothing of note I'd be fuming.
I might be amazing at selling fast cars in Amsterdam. But in London I fail because the players are used to more luxurious, faster cars.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:46 PM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
I might be amazing at selling fast cars in Amsterdam. But in London I fail because the players are used to more luxurious, faster cars.
"Selling cars is very much like making love to a beautiful woman"
Old 13-09-2017, 09:50 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well if he took that attitude, it's no wonder he wound up sacked.

The idea that managers are given total control of signings, budgets etc is very dated.

Last edited by eagle-leg; 13-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SP deserves respect and he deserves criticism.

He worked out that FdB wasn't up to it. Fair play for acting quickly (and lesson leant from Pardew).

Whether or not Hodgson is right is to be determined (personally I cant think of anyone better), but IMHO we should get behind him and sing our hearts out for him. Our support can make a difference.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a load of bollocks. It may have escaped your notice but most chairman tend to be business folk. Strange that. Great player does not a great manager make.

Let's see if the bloke does a thing outside of Ajax or similar in his future career. I have my doubts.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:58 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
also unfair
It is unfair overall, but this part is difficult to argue with:

"Once Parish had appointed De Boer, he should have helped bring in players quickly (as opposed to Mamadou Sakho in the final hours of the transfer window), assured everyone that turning an Allardyce-coached side into Barca II would take time and appreciated that had star players converted golden chances in Palace’s away games they could now be on four points with no need to panic by reverting back to a defensive-minded coach and offering him a million-quid bonus to keep them up."
Old 13-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
It's a bit brutal that article, but parish deserves to get some stick, his made us look a laughing stock.
Not so much brutal as a stupid, thick and ill-informed article. Unfortunately like much of the press they always concentrate on the negatives of Palace even when we are doing well. For the most part they are elitist and Pander to the big clubs.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As far as Management is concerned, compared to Roy he hasn't had a career. His only success was at Ajax, where by comparison to the Premier the quality of the opposition was poor. Bye the time SP and DF sat down with him it would seem he had already shown a few shortcomings. Best not to confuse his playing career with his limited managerial career.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:53 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Brutal article in the Mirror...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Ouch!!

Pretty much what other teams fans having been saying all over social media. Lots of sympathy for de Boer and lots of criticism for Parish.

Managers and players get lots of stick when they walk out on clubs, but when a club treat a manager like that then it really is no different and sadly all the criticism i find hard to disagree with.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:55 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by minch1 View Post
As far as Management is concerned, compared to Roy he hasn't had a career. His only success was at Ajax, where by comparison to the Premier the quality of the opposition was poor. Bye the time SP and DF sat down with him it would seem he had already shown a few shortcomings. Best not to confuse his playing career with his limited managerial career.
His last game for us was an ok performance though. 3 bad games followed by a much improved, dominant performance. If we played like that against Southampton I think we would have won.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:08 PM

Ooh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOoh Betty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
His last game for us was an ok performance though. 3 bad games followed by a much improved, dominant performance. If we played like that against Southampton I think we would have won.
You what ?
Old 13-09-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh Betty View Post
You what ?
I think it's pretty clear.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:13 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
The whole club isn't poison!
Don't knock our fan base either . After all the crap we've had to put up with we're still here and supporting Roy .
Pos Rep
Old 14-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
SP deserves respect and he deserves criticism.

He worked out that FdB wasn't up to it. Fair play for acting quickly (and lesson leant from Pardew).

Whether or not Hodgson is right is to be determined (personally I cant think of anyone better), but IMHO we should get behind him and sing our hearts out for him. Our support can make a difference.
Better make them songs from the 40's, 50's & 60's then he'll recognise them, know all the words and join in.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:13 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
The whole club isn't poison!
Don't knock our fan base either . After all the crap we've had to put up with we're still here and supporting Roy .
Damn right!