Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 06:31 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Alyce View Post
I agree with you James. The only truth in this whole matter is that non of us know the truth. The speculation, the betting the rumours have no basis in fact. Personally I am very happy with what CPFC 2010 have achieved and put my faith in their judgement, which is incidentally made with full knowledge of the facts.
Criticise if it makes you feel better about supporting CPFC. I will wait for the outcome. Good Luck to CPFC 2010.
Good post!
Old 20-08-2014, 06:31 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Better than this shit and getting relegated, because thats the way we are heading
our players are better than those at several other teams in this division. Either way, there are no guarantees. If TP had stayed we might still have gone down. We might get relegated with the new manager. We might stay up.

And if we get relegated then it really isn't the end of the world.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't want Manos or Millen to leave to be honest. There loyalty deserves to be rewarded.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Does make me laugh how Parish can **** up this badly and still have usual suspects defending him like he has done nothing wrong
Does make me laugh the way you down talk about Palace most the time. In fact, I wonder why you are a Palace fan?

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroncpfc View Post
I wouldn't want Manos or Millen to leave to be honest. There loyalty deserves to be rewarded.
Lots of reasons to keep them on, but loyalty?

Millen has been here less than 2 years
Old 20-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
The way Pulis left was an absolute disgrace. I wonder whether Parish was prepared for this to happen or whether it came as a complete shock? If he was prepared, then we know we are good hands sorting out his contingency plan as we speak. If it was a complete shock, Pulis must have been a damn fine actor not to give the remotest sign he was pissed off enough to jack it two days before playing Arsenal and on the actual day Kelly signed. Or maybe Parish failed to see the signs, which then calls his judgement into question.

Regarding Mackay. Can't put an exact finger on it, but just get a bad feeling about him. If he does still take the job, then fine, support him, but to be honest, I wouldn't be too upset if he doesn't. What worries me more is time is running out for transfers and we still have no permanent manager.

Personally, rather than a sacked manager with Premiership experience, I would go for a young coach with a strong Palace connection. Tony Popovic fits that bill, though I doubt Parish will go down that route.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:40 PM

eagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Noakes View Post
I have to agree that a lot of people can't see the wood for the trees where Steve Parish is concerned over the whole of this debacle.
I can understand why, they have utter support for the club, which is laudable, managers come and go, owners come and go, but we are always here so in some ways it's our club more than anyone's.
However, loyal support is one thing, blind faith another altogether.
Try and look at the last week from both angles in turn. Looking at it from an anti-Parish stance, he comes out looking like an arrogant know all who fails to get on with anyone and interferes in the running of a football team (as opposed to a football club). From the pro-Parish perspective he comes out as a principled, if slightly naive, businessman, who has been incredibly unlucky in the timing of events that came completely out of the blue and is taking his time to fix them properly.
The truth is probably somewhere in between, we obviously don't know the facts and never will, but in all honesty it is more credible looking at it objectively that a fair deal of this mess Parish has brought on himself.
I agree, if Parish was one of us I'm sure he would want answers surrounding the last week.

That's what we deserve as fans and once things settle down I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I'm just not happy that you could write Eastenders episodes over the dramas of our club with managerial appointments.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Skip To The End

Wibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWibble Wobble came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We should offer it to Fergie, pay him in wine from Farr Vintners. 5 year deal. Sorted.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:41 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I don't know what's happened but all I think is that once again Crystal Palace, the club we all love, looks a complete laughing stock once again.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:42 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
I do agree with you about the 'they saved the Club blah blah blah' People can't keep trawling that one out ad infinitum. It's a bit like how we won the World Cup in 1966.

But some people do seem to have an agenda against SP in particular.
Can't argue with this at all. Some do seem to have always been anti-Parish but I do think more people are starting to ask questions about how we seem to be imploding and has Parish, in his inexperience of running a club, contributed towards it.

Either way I just want us to smash West Ham and all will seem a lot better.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:44 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
I don't know what's happened but all I think is that once again Crystal Palace, the club we all love, looks a complete laughing stock once again.
Agree
Old 20-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Better than this shit and getting relegated, because thats the way we are heading

How did you come to that conclusion after one game of the season?
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:45 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No it doesn't.

It looks like we are a club that has integrity and an executive team that is not going to be fecked about by anyone and I love my club for it!
Old 20-08-2014, 06:46 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Oh, and I'm absolutely delighted Malky Mackay will not be our manager. He would have taken us down and his inability to spend money wisely would have been our downfall.

Only thing that worries me is that we and everyone else now knows that the next appointment wasn't first choice which may put people off the job because what manager wants to be known as second choice......
Old 20-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibble Wobble View Post
We should offer it to Fergie, pay him in wine from Farr Vintners. 5 year deal. Sorted.
Browett couldn't get the wine to him quick enough and in large enough quantities.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:49 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Exactly. Just hope the players aren't starting to think this as well. I hope there is communication with them, so they know what is going on, because no one else seems to have a clue. It wasn't only Pulis that achieved 11th place it was down to everyone of them. I would rather have Jedinak as player manager than ex-Premiership rejects i.e.Jol, Sherwood etc.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
No it doesn't.

It looks like we are a club that has integrity and an executive team that is not going to be fecked about by anyone and I love my club for it!
Disagree, SSN have had someone waiting outside our ground all day for the appointment even some of our fans were interviewed.

Not saying we should have just gone ahead with the appointment if the 'goalposts moved' but we should have kept this secret and private until we knew for sure he was going to be appointed.

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oh, and I'm absolutely delighted Malky Mackay will not be our manager. He would have taken us down and his inability to spend money wisely would have been our downfall.

Only thing that worries me is that we and everyone else now knows that the next appointment wasn't first choice which may put people off the job because what manager wants to be known as second choice......
or anyone good will know we are desperate and ask for more money..just like Mackay and Pulis.
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
No it doesn't.

LOL
Old 20-08-2014, 06:53 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:

It looks like we are a club that has integrity and an executive team that is not going to be fecked about by anyone except themselves!
EFA