Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
You always look like and idiot for taking time over a decision. The media wants instant answers and tries to makes everything look simple. I'm glad we're not playing their game. If the appointment takes longer than expected, so be it. I'd rather wait a bit and get the right malky.
As impatient as I am to get the new manager in, make you right.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Lingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoonara View Post
As impatient as I am to get the new manager in, make you right.
My concern over the delay is the transfer window is shutting soon..our rivals are signing players and at the moment we are in limbo...No potential manager will be happy to see club buying players with no manager in place..

Palace - Football
Kent - Cricket
Harlequins - Rugby
Old 20-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingy Eagle View Post
My concern over the delay is the transfer window is shutting soon..our rivals are signing players and at the moment we are in limbo...No potential manager will be happy to see club buying players with no manager in place..
I agree, this is an issue hence why parish wants to get this sorted ASAP... However, he can't appoint someone for the sake of it. Millen said today that him and parish have discussed potential transfers so is imagine milen will chose players until a new man is appointed. Not ideal but needs must.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:24 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Millen it is then....with Parish in the Massimo Cellino role...
Old 20-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I think its the journalists and the fans that risk looking stupid at the minute - not Parish. HE said hopefully Tue or Weds and then the BBC documented expected within 48 hours yesterday that pushes that out a further day - I assume the BBC got a comment before publishing. So far Parish has done what he said. And it's not some game - it was an expectation.

The tweets, posts and betting are flipping from side to side and the BBS are a bit like the whip-end, outraged at every step - and yet they have taken no public step since Saturday's interview.

So - the rumours will be somewhere between 0% and 100% accurate.

The only genuine concern I suspect is that the window is shrinking and that makes it tough. But the club had a list of targets and it has to some extent validated that with applicants. Worst case they can act on those and the new manager has a squad. Or they take a big risk and wait. I suspect THAT is the toughest decision. But if everyone has said yes to the same player so far - it's a reasonable shout.

Hmm should have kept my mouth shut - we will recruit Zaha and then Moyes and we are screwed. Oh joy!
Old 20-08-2014, 07:28 PM

CPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC.ORG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No one has a clue what CPFC2010 have had to deal with over the last few days - only they were privy to the meetings with the candidates and why there hasn't been an appointment this far. In my very limited knowledge I must admit I am very pleased that they didn't appoint MM as it is my belief that there are better candidates with vastly more experience out there, but CPFC2010 know that as well. B0llox to the media, this is a huge decision that I feel was forced upon them last week. We all obviously want an end to this soon, but most transfers happen on deadline day anyway, so there is still time.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Lingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againLingy Eagle lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Millen it is then....with Parish in the Massimo Cellino role...
Throw Popovic into the mix...job done..

Palace - Football
Kent - Cricket
Harlequins - Rugby
Old 20-08-2014, 07:33 PM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
#917L: Was trying to make a point about captains & managers, not arguing about whether Coppell played for us or not.....yawn. Grow up & get a new helmet!
Old 20-08-2014, 07:35 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketEagle View Post
#917L: Grow up & get a new helmet!
Bit random?! LOL
Old 20-08-2014, 07:35 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I trust Parish and the rest of CPFC2010 to act in the best interest of CPFC.

Let's not act like the skys falling down just because the manager that we were expecting to be appointed hasn't been.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketEagle View Post
#917L: Was trying to make a point about captains & managers, not arguing about whether Coppell played for us or not.....yawn. Grow up & get a new helmet!
You were doing nothing of the sort, I quote

Steve Coppell came in as Manager... after showing us how good a footballer & captain he was here

He did neither 'here' before he joined as Manager

Not me that needs to grow up
Old 20-08-2014, 07:38 PM

james hird is playing for a contract
If you compare Tony Popovic with keith Millen, there you have your answer. Tony would be a huge risk. If he were to return it would be as Keith's number two until he was ready and Keith wanted to relinquish. Its not going to happen.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Back in the UK

arabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is Palace, get over it folks. Would you rather we had gone bust just a few years before?!? Get behind the club. If there is no manager in place for Saturday then it is Keith Millen's Red and Blue army for that match. If anything we should all cheer even louder to show the rest of the Premier League what being Crystal Palace means. Hang in there… supporting the world famous CPFC is never boring...
Old 20-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Steve Parish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
You were doing nothing of the sort, I quote

Steve Coppell came in as Manager... after showing us how good a footballer & captain he was here

He did neither 'here' before he joined as Manager

Not me that needs to grow up

I think fu ckit eagle was trying to say Geoff Thomas should be manager because he was a good captain and player under Coppell.
Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I think its the journalists and the fans that risk looking stupid at the minute - not Parish. HE said hopefully Tue or Weds and then the BBC documented expected within 48 hours yesterday that pushes that out a further day - I assume the BBC got a comment before publishing. So far Parish has done what he said. And it's not some game - it was an expectation.

The tweets, posts and betting are flipping from side to side and the BBS are a bit like the whip-end, outraged at every step - and yet they have taken no public step since Saturday's interview.

So - the rumours will be somewhere between 0% and 100% accurate.

The only genuine concern I suspect is that the window is shrinking and that makes it tough. But the club had a list of targets and it has to some extent validated that with applicants. Worst case they can act on those and the new manager has a squad. Or they take a big risk and wait. I suspect THAT is the toughest decision. But if everyone has said yes to the same player so far - it's a reasonable shout.

Hmm should have kept my mouth shut - we will recruit Zaha and then Moyes and we are screwed. Oh joy!

Sensible post
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
Whilst I can't hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did to save the club. This can never be forgotten he has a lot to answer for to the fans once all of this settles down.

I was torn between Parish and Pulis last week and at first was on the Pulis side before thinking that Parish made sense over the weekend after the Arsenal fixture.

However, I now think Parish has left us in an untenable position for the season. The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last. It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job. Based on this why would a manager now want to come and manage Crystal Palace?

To me the whole of this triggers around Zaha. Rumours are he was caught earlier speeding in Coulsdon which shows he is in the area and seems ready to sign. If this is the stumbling block then Parish just has to sign Zaha and then appoint a manager and not interfere.

As we have become a bigger club and attracted bigger names and managers it seems apparent that they will not stand for any interference from Parish and he and the board have to have the faith to believe in a manager and let them manage this football club in the way they feel appropriate. DF was inexperienced but since him IH,TP and beyond have shown signs in the media that they have been irritated by Parish and haven't had a strong working relationship with him.

It's all beginning to look like that KM could get it as his a nice guy would listen to Parish and is respected by the club. If this was the case as much as I like KM this would be a disaster.

At this stage I would want Steve Clarke as our manager. 2nd choice Jol but please not Tim Sherwood.

Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.
Oh do give it a rest "the board has got a lot to answer to"

The board owe you jack in way of an explanation on anything they do we're just very lucky that we have a board that do share and discuss things where they can.

And I think they may be a tad busy at the moment to drop everything and give you a call to let you know what going on

Last edited by baldeagle68; 20-08-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Suffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
That's a good point. Remember Eddie Howe a few years back between Burley and Freedman that was quite an embarrassing end as he went off to Burnley 3days later.

Something must have not been right even back then!

It's frustrating because us fans are great there is great squad morale so why does it always go **** up
I heard Eddie Howe was insisting we pay his club 500k compo to help them when he left !!!!! so I didn't blame them for refusing
Old 20-08-2014, 07:44 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
sky sources: hoddle approached for 2nd time today and turned it down
Old 20-08-2014, 07:45 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
WSTP
Old 20-08-2014, 07:47 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I really can't be arsed to post anything original in reply, so I'll just modify a post I made a few days ago.

Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the 'usual suspects' on the BBS would have been disappointed had Pulis remained as manager? This latest bit of drama gives these sad ***** a further excuse to have a go at the Board (and SP in particular).

It was the same last year. The predictable bile and venom following the departure of Freedman and then Holloway. Of course they mostly went quiet as we first achieved promotion and then climbed the table after Christmas - but this is a new season and another manager departing, so here they are again.

CPFC2010's record to date has been practically perfect. Despite all the setbacks, each time SP has made the right call, the Club has advanced, and I have no doubt he will do so again.

I have no idea why people like you are so keep to have a pop at SP at every possible opportunity. In view of where the Club is today, just a few short years after near extinction, are you not even slightly embarrassed by your ridiculous sniping?
Glad you reposted - when you look at some of their chairmen we've previously had and some at other clubs we really have something very good