Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
nice post. you must be so proud
Why would anyone be proud of this shit?
Old 13-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Old 13-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I don't think you're Hitler, Les.
Old 13-09-2017, 01:08 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Quality.

We decide not the EU
@GuyVerhofstadt.@EmmanuelMacron spoke about an open door for the UK. I agree. But it will be a brand new door, to a new united Europe with real powers. Very ominous.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 13-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Is QMV binding on the UK, irrespective of Parliament's negotiating position on a particular issue?

As regards these powers, presumably if Parliament wills to pass these powers then the powers will be passed.

What happens if at a later date Parliament wills them to be revoked? Are they time and subject limited?

It all seems far from satisfactory. There must be a better way to skin this cat?
Not sure how your first question connects to the issue so forgive me if I'm missing the point. Our Parliament does not have a negotiating position on A50 because that was not stipulated (wrongly in my view) under the Withdrawal Notification Act. During that Bill's passage, Ministers committed to Parliament having a vote but a simple Yes/No one. Moreover, the "Repeal Bill" proposes to give the Government the power to decide how and when we withdraw. If passed as drafted then the Bill allows Cabinet to decide wholly on the content of the Withdrawal Agreement and when it is executed (subject to the A50 guillotine).

Yes, if Parliament does not amend the clauses in question then it will have given the Government the power to bypass Parliamentary sovereignty. The draft says that is limited on what legislation can be changed and how long the power lasts. However, the draft Bill also proposes that Government can change this legislation itself so it could in theory make a change after the Act that says it decides when to hand these powers back and it give itself power over wider areas. Parliament will have surrendered the right to challenge that.

On better ways: the Bill should be split into separate Bills with one on Withdrawal and one on repatriation of EU legislation. On 1st, withdrawal should be decided with Parliament (which is the will of the people) and on 2nd, the use of regulation is unavoidable because there's too much to do otherwise but those regulatory powers should be tightly drawn and explicitly subject to review.
Old 13-09-2017, 01:57 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
My point on QMV was that Parliment has to an extent been happy to defer decisions to others. It is quite worrying the powers are so wide ranging.

The power to amend the legislation itself appears contrary to the expressed purpose of the legislation. In what circumstances would it he necessary if the bill is fit for purpose?

Originally it was presented as a find and replace exercise.

Last edited by dim; 13-09-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
My point on QMV was that Parliment has to an extent been happy to defer decisions to others. It is quite worrying the powers are so wide ranging.

The power to amend the legislation itself appears contrary to the expressed purpose of the legislation. In what circumstances would it he necessary if the bill is fit for purpose?

Originally it was presented as a find and replace exercise.
What has confused me is that QMV is specifically a EU term (referring to weighted votes in Council) so does not apply at UK level.

On the rest I agree. Use of "Henry VIII" powers was always necessary but the Bill goes way beyond what was anticipated and also beyond any precedent to date.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:58 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Yes. The point is not the principle of occasionally deferring the power it is that it seems rather greater than necessary if the bill is adequately drafted.
Old 13-09-2017, 03:03 PM

weltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes. The point is not the principle of occasionally deferring the power it is that it seems rather greater than necessary if the bill is adequately drafted.
would you trust the current govt to adequately draft anything?

SaulAlinsky
Old 13-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
would you trust the current govt to adequately draft anything?
Well, legislative drafting is usually done by Government lawyers and by a team of officials put together for the purpose. However, if what Ministers dictate is askew then the results will not be great.
Old 14-09-2017, 09:38 AM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
It would seem (as many predicted) that so far the EU do not feel it their duty to offer solutions. That is the UK's job. We shall see but we don't have a great deal of time left.
I can understand the EU not wanting to involve themselves in the politics of Ireland, however, perhaps they should remind the Republic of Ireland that they need to start planning to build a hard border next year.

LFC fansite
Old 14-09-2017, 09:47 AM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unbelievable after Davis hinted that we wanted to meet more often to speed up the negotiations:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Also the default position has always been that May clearly set out our negotiating principles / objectives in her Lancaster House speech and subsequent letter to the EU. That's why there was a lack of position papers, on our side, until recently.

Does anyone expect a significant shift?

LFC fansite

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 14-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
I can understand the EU not wanting to involve themselves in the politics of Ireland, however, perhaps they should remind the Republic of Ireland that they need to start planning to build a hard border next year.
I would imagine they are still hoping for an adjustment of direction to make that unnecessary. I know that would involve compromise or sanity and it is an ambitious hope.
Old 17-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Wagon Painter

So BoJo wants us to pay the lowest sum possible on our financial commitments to the EU Budget but inflates our contribution by £150m a week. He's not very bright, is he?
Old 17-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
He is bright. That's the issue. He knows what he is saying is nonsense.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Wagon Painter

Old 17-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Penguin Liberation Front

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
He is bright. That's the issue. He knows what he is saying is nonsense.
Just bright enough to cause problems but not bright enough to solve any.
Old 17-09-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
And the EU27 continue to look on in amazement.

LFC fansite
Old 17-09-2017, 06:27 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And the remoaners continue to believe any old guff they are served up.

We decide not the EU
@GuyVerhofstadt.@EmmanuelMacron spoke about an open door for the UK. I agree. But it will be a brand new door, to a new united Europe with real powers. Very ominous.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 17-09-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
And the remoaners continue to believe any old guff they are served up.
Yep in the fake Sunday Times rather than the Sunday Express.

LFC fansite