Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm just about to start reading Dead Famous by Ben Elton!

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 10-11-2001, 02:47 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_next_matt_jansen
Ive nearly finished The Miracle of Castel di Sangro by Joe McGinniss. Its very good and i already have a soft spot for Castel.
I have read that recently good book and you do end up having a soft spot for the team, I am reading at the moment a book by Ian Stafford called living the dream(Ithink) where he spends a week in various sporting proffesions(this time Everton, Wigan Warriors, Yorkshire, Leicster Tigers and Jaguar) and actually plays in a competitive match which is good but not as good as the first one he wrote like this.
Old 10-11-2001, 02:56 PM

lars chlock is playing for a contract
All of a sudden I feel quite inadequate at the shortcomings of my reading achievements.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:15 PM
Big Cheese

Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Vic Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
'The True History of the Kelly Gang' by Peter Carey
Old 10-11-2001, 05:09 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
The Dinosaur Hunters - Deborah Cadbury
Very interesting, factual tale.

A marvellous read... fresh insights and an artfully woven story make it hard to, put down.

'Man and Boy' now that was complete and utter crap.
I thought Man and Boy was excellent as it goes... any word on what TP's new book is like or did I miss that earlier in the thread?

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 10-11-2001, 05:14 PM

hellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adoredhellsbells wants to be adored
Bestie, the unofficial George Best autobiography. Only read a couple of pages so can't really comment on the quality yet but seems fairly good! Just finished Darren Gough's book which wasn't great but the pictures were alright

Also recently read - Lord of the Flies (again)
To Kill a Mockingbird, never actually read it before and it's fantastic
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - undecided
Old 10-11-2001, 05:23 PM
Bloody Romans!

the_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallthe_next_matt_jansen put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Re: Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog

I also read this on the strength of recommendations expressed here on the BBS. I really enjoyed it, but did find the end almost too stereotypical of Italians to be true, even if it was true if you know what I mean.
Didnít that Italian goalkeeper at Chelsea come from Castel di Sangro?
I also had to wonder how small the club really was. Remember the author was American, and could well have been comparing them to US Baseball/Football teams. I think you could compare them to Wimbledon or Oxford for example. Maybe I need to re-read it, it been a while.
The end is a bit sadning. But what comes out is his very 'American' approach, although i fully understand what he meant. Its an incredible story that no writer could dream up.
Old 10-11-2001, 05:28 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'How to Make Friends and Influence People' by Steve Bruce
Old 10-11-2001, 05:31 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by sunshine lucas
'How to Make Friends and Influence People' by Steve Bruce
I have read the follow up to that "The art of Loyalty" by Steve Bruce, it is published by a different company.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:38 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayBenny B Block is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Just finished Rogue Trader by Nick Leeson. The film I thought was pants and at least this explained how the guy managed to lose £600m.
Will start 'The Godfather' by Mario Puzo on the train to work on Monday.

Miracle of Castel is a good read too. I decided to look on CM to see where the players are now. The only one I could find is the bloke who nearly went to Fiorentina. He is still plying his trade in Serie A.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:00 PM
Spod

A.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adored
Does Razzle Readers Wives special count as a book?
Old 10-11-2001, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by A.D.
Does Razzle Readers Wives special count as a book?
Well you can't put it down once you have used, sorry read it.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:02 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Got 2 on the go at the moment:

Once in a Lifetime - The crazy days of acid house and afterwards by Jane Bussman

and

I Did It My Way by Marc Goldberg
Old 10-11-2001, 09:15 PM

SIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnSIR lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Just finished reading 'Oxygen' by Andrew Miller. Thought I'd give it a go cos it was shortlisted for the booker prize and it sounded the most interesting out of the bunch. Was not overly impressed though.....

On the other hand I have just started reading 'The Consolations of Philosophy' by Alain De Botton, and I'm lovin' it!!
Old 11-11-2001, 05:23 AM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cosmic Trigger Volume 1 - Final Secret Of The Illuminati, by Robert Anton Wilson.

I'm half way through, don't understand half of it, but it's great reading, and I'll probably finish it by morning as I'm on night shift!

Also read Man And Boy recently and thought I'd hate it but must swallow my pride and anti-Tony Parsons sentiments and say what a corking book it is.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:27 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm currently reading Rainbow 6 by Tom Clancy. Very good book.

Next book will be Chickenhawk...about a Huey pilot in the Vietnam war. Highly recomended to me by my brother.

Miracle of Castel di Sangro is a superb book, and worth reading if you get the chance. It's quite a strange, almost too strange to be true, story, and as TNMJ said, one you could not think up...however it's worth paying the money to get it.

Another footy book worth reading is Tony Adams' autobiography "Addicted". Very interesting read.
Old 11-11-2001, 07:29 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE

Next book will be Chickenhawk...about a Huey pilot in the Vietnam war. Highly recomended to me by my brother.

If you enjoy that, RDS, I can point you in the direction of the following:

Dispatches, by Michael Herr, and If I Die in a Combat Zone, can't remember the author for the moment.
Old 11-11-2001, 07:56 AM
I liikeee...But whyy?

Si121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenSi121 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
This has to be the first book I've read in about 2 years but I'm not ashamed to admit it....The David Beckham Autobiography.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:27 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm currently reading Rainbow 6 by Tom Clancy. Very good book.
Funny how tastes differ, I've been trying to read Rainbow 6 for about a year now, and I'm still only about a 1/3 of the way through it. I just cannot get into it, it is just taking too long to get going.
I guess it is more believable or relevant now after September 11th.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:12 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Stella's recommendations are excellent follow ups to this but I would also recommend a book called 'The 13th Valley' which follows the operations of an American Airborne Division in Vietnam over a period of a few weeks. Brilliant book and one that gives you a whole new perspective on the Vietnam war.

Plus it gives you one of the greatest expressions ever written which can be used for any situation be it dropping a cup or seeing your best friend blown to bits. But I wont give any secrets away.