Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Barcelona - where to eat?

Hi all,

Sorry to create yet another one of these, but me and the missus are going for a few days in March. I know about most of the sights but since the missus and I are real foodies (well, we love our food at least) I thought I'd turn here to ask the BBS where is really good to eat in Barcelona?

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 16-02-2012, 06:12 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcivil eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went there 9 years ago on my stage do sort of remember the Olympic village area had ok food, avoid the sex club of las ramblas never seen a more disinterested performance
Old 16-02-2012, 06:21 PM
The Usual Suspect

El Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Barcelona is a town where I would unreservedly recommend getting off the main drag and just dropping into any bar / restaurant where they have menus for ten euros. They are really good at that.
Also I have a much circulated list of the five greatest tapas bars in Barcelona.... the text is in Spanish but you get the idea. trust me on this one.

1 Quimet & Quimet. C/ Poeta Cabanyes (Poble Sec) De lo mejorcito de España, seguro.
2 Los Pinchitos. Paseo Pi i Molist (Nou Barris) Si estuviera en el Borne o El Raval, saldría en todas las guías de Barcelona.
3 Los Morenitos C/ Mina de la Ciudad (Nou Barris). Bienvenidos a la Andalucía que no sale en las postales.
4 Jaica C/ Ginebra (La Barceloneta) ideal para un dominguito por la mañana antes de ir a la playa.
5 Los Toreros C/ Xuclà (El Raval) Con el nombre, ya te puedes imaginar por dónde van los tiros. Guiris cobardicas, abstenerse.
Old 16-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We used the Time Out Guide and every restaurant we used from its recommendations were really good.
Old 16-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemilky87 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
McDonalds

Please donate if you can:

www.justgiving.com/Phil-Bateman1

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/freelandsfootballclub
Old 16-02-2012, 06:45 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
+1 for Jai-ca from El Ag's list. Went there on their national holiday last October - was incredibly rammed but got served in the end - amazing tapas and came to 10 Euro for two of us.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Werner Herzog
Old 16-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty air

Maybe not the best but the oldest. Reasonably priced for Catalan cuisine.

Enjoy
Old 16-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty airpatch is fond of sand dunes and salty air
And before yo go there visit
To wet your appetite
Old 16-02-2012, 07:33 PM

SE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSE25 exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is one of the very best of Barcelona.

"Los Caracoles"

C/. Escudillers, 14
08002 BARCELONA
Tel: 93 302 31 85

This is an absolutely fantastic restaurant in a very old building, with a fantastic kitchen and atmosphere. You enter the restaurant off the street and have to pass through the kitchen first seeing all the activity by all the chefs and staff cooking on solid fuel stoves, with flames and sparks flying and sizzling as you pass through. Quite exciting! You are then taken to your table, where much of the dining areas are split up into welcoming and intimate niches on numerous different levels. Live musicians roam around, and very good they are too. The food is quite exceptionally excellent. This was four years ago. It is a bit pricey now, but still well worth the experience.

You can find it close to Las Rambas off C. Amigo.
Old 16-02-2012, 07:58 PM

teesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cal Pep

Stunning food, great atmosphere. Get there early for seat at bar. No menu - just let them serve you fantastic tapas - mainly seafood based - until you say nada mas.
Old 17-02-2012, 10:26 AM
ár lá

Chocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile

"Los Caracoles"

C/. Escudillers, 14
08002 BARCELONA

This is an absolutely fantastic restaurant in a very old building, with a fantastic kitchen and atmosphere. You enter the restaurant off the street and have to pass through the kitchen first seeing all the activity by all the chefs and staff cooking on solid fuel stoves, with flames and sparks flying and sizzling as you pass through. Quite exciting! You are then taken to your table, where much of the dining areas are split up into welcoming and intimate niches on numerous different levels. Live musicians roam around, and very good they are too. The food is quite exceptionally excellent. This was four years ago. It is a bit pricey now, but still well worth the experience.

I went there for lunch and it is over-rated shite, relying on plastering the walls with photos of famous people who've been there to disguise the pathetic tiny portions of food dished out with f**king McDonald's style chips!! And bloody expensive. They can shove their caracoles up their bastard arsaho-les.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 17-02-2012, 10:47 AM
The Usual Suspect

El Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEl Aguila came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree with Chocky, sneak in, take some photos, sneak out again, but don't eat there.
Old 17-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile

"Los Caracoles"

C/. Escudillers, 14
08002 BARCELONA

I didnt like it at all, hugely overrated.
Food was average and overpriced.
Service was crap.
Old 17-02-2012, 11:14 AM

eagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walk up La Ramblas – past the square, keep going to metro stop La Diagnol (sp). Place called Tapa Tapa.

It’s a proper Tapas place, and not like the tourist traps a few hundred metres down the road. You can always tell a decent restaurant if the locals are using it!

Always visit this place when I’m there.
Old 17-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Rob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart
Walk up La Ramblas – past the square, keep going to metro stop La Diagnol (sp). Place called Tapa Tapa.

It’s a proper Tapas place, and not like the tourist traps a few hundred metres down the road. You can always tell a decent restaurant if the locals are using it!

I liked that place as well and it was very busy.
Old 17-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
avoid going anywhere near las Ramblas

also read El Ags post
Old 17-02-2012, 11:38 AM

audreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87
McDonalds
there's always one who makes this sort of hilarious comment...oh lord my aching ribs
Old 17-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Otis !

Thanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had the misfortune of having an awful meal in a restaurant by the harbour side. Views were great , food terrible.
Old 17-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Jimmy Mac

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Les Quinze Nits, Plaça Reial, in the Barrí Gòtic, in a beautiful square just off Las Ramblas.
Old 17-02-2012, 03:02 PM
ár lá

Chocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChocky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart
Let us know when you are and we will.

Who opened their lunch?