Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:55 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Boxing Thread

Seems to be no general boxing threads. Now, I am not a boxing expert, but I do enjoy watching fights on the BBC, and on Sky, and I would like to see a nice blossoming boxing thread I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Clinton Woods on winning the (I think) IBF Light Heavyweight title last night.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Congrats to Clinton Woods, wasn't it his 4th crack at the title? The plan is now for Calzaghe to move up & face him should he dispose of Brian Magee. Should make for an interesting fight.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That would be good, as all the big fighters have avoided Calzaghe over the years, especially Sven Otke. On a side note, I wish Audley Harrison would make up his mind as to when he will step up in the quality of his opponants. He is not exactly the youngest boxer around!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think the only way Audley will establish himself with the punters over here if he fights someone like Danny Williams or Matt Skelton.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I think that Calzage is a spent force, I did think that Magee was good but reid showed his weaknesses. There are two reasons I think that Calzage has not had teh big fights the first being he will not fly and the second that he is managed by Warren.

I am not sure what will happen with Audly he is talking about signing to Golden Boy (Osca De la Hoya's stable) which will change his fortune and he will probably drop off the British news for a while if this happens where he will be fighting season preformers in the states. Junior Witter (in my eyes the best Britsih pound for pound fighter) is about to announce that he is signing for Golden boy which again will give him a better chance at better titles which is somthing Warren would not give him and somthing that Hennesey were strugerling with. Its wholly possible that Witter will get a major title before Hatton
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 18-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Keeping The Faith

Well the Calzaghe fight's off, he has to fight Mario Veit again in May. The welcome return of Eamon Magee now takes centre stage, good to see him back, the only man to put Ricky Hatton on the deck.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Keeping The Faith

Well Vitali Klischko's retired. The heavyweight scene is looking dismal right now. The current champions, Lamon Brewster, Chris Byrd, John Ruiz & probably Hasim Rachman couldn't hold a candle to any of the past greats. The only saving grace is that it may give an opportunity to one of the British boys, Skelton, Williams or Harrison should they manage to get a title shot next year.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Beck Eagle is playing for a contract
The Boxing these days is dire compared to 10-15 years ago,not only do the fighters not seem as good but there also does not seem to be any characters around any more in my opinion , i like Calzaghe but wish he was around when Benn ,Eubank and Watson were waging war. Fave heavyweight was Holyfield ,the division is just a joke these days.
Old 15-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Keeping The Faith

Junior Witter vs DeMarcus Corley for the WBC light-welterweight title tonight on sky. Last chance for Witter, I hope he pulls it off & finally gets his chance to fight Hatton.
Old 17-09-2006, 09:16 PM

Was I the only one who thought it was an odd fight? But nonetheless, well done Junior Witter. Lets see him v Hatton now please
Old 17-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
was a very strange fight....
Old 18-09-2006, 04:17 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That superman stance was just plain embarrasing, he may have won the fight but he is not a convincing champion.
After Hattons fight against Urango, team hatton are trying to set up a fight between him and Costillo. Should be an exciting 12 months !!
Old 18-09-2006, 04:28 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Probably get shot down here but i do love contender, I know they hollywood it up but at least the boxers go for it and theres no real stand-offs, like the witter fight, where they were both waiting for the other to make the first move, or the barrera fight where he stopped boxing for five rounds in the middle of the fight because he knew he was so far in front!

Steve Jobs
Old 18-09-2006, 07:53 PM

jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you
Except the Contender is 5 rounds all or nothing.
Old 19-09-2006, 10:31 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GJN
Was I the only one who thought it was an odd fight? But nonetheless, well done Junior Witter. Lets see him v Hatton now please
To be honest it sent me to sleep,he needs Hatton more than Hatton needs him although he wants a split of the purse.
Hatton v Cotto is the fight for me, I would gladly pay to see that one.
Old 19-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
That superman stance was just plain embarrasing, he may have won the fight but he is not a convincing champion.
After Hattons fight against Urango, team hatton are trying to set up a fight between him and Costillo. Should be an exciting 12 months !!
Witter did what was necessary to win the belt, which was understandable. This was possible his last big chance, so I don't blame him for not taking any risks. He is a top class, much avoided fighter who is a worthy champion in my eyes.

Would give Hatton problems, but would probably lose a points decision.
Old 19-09-2006, 10:57 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Demarcus Corley was past his best when he fought Witter. In my opinion Hatton has fought better opponents that Witter and will (if they fight), beat the shit out of him.
Old 19-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Demarcus Corley was past his best when he fought Witter. In my opinion Hatton has fought better opponents that Witter and will (if they fight), beat the shit out of him.
Hatton doesn't look good against slick counterpunchers like Witter. Louie Collazo was a prime example of this.
Old 19-09-2006, 01:37 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Hatton doesn't look good against slick counterpunchers like Witter. Louie Collazo was a prime example of this.
And Witter don't like close up brawlers like Hatton so there isn't much of a chance of Witter winning (let alone this fight taking place).
Old 19-09-2006, 01:43 PM
El carnicero

I'd love a Hatton v Witter fight but not to sure this will happen, its more likely to be Witter v Harris/M'Baye. Also Witter vs Judah II now that would be a good way for Witter to step next, Zab is on the demise and Witter is at the top of his game.