Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-09-2006, 12:08 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
And Witter don't like close up brawlers like Hatton so there isn't much of a chance of Witter winning (let alone this fight taking place).
That and Hatton took apart Kostya who was probably the best counter puncher in the division.

It would still be a good fight but as you say Zab vs Witter 2 and Hatton taking on Cotto would be far more appealing.
Old 21-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
That and Hatton took apart Kostya who was probably the best counter puncher in the division.

It would still be a good fight but as you say Zab vs Witter 2 and Hatton taking on Cotto would be far more appealing.

I don't think you can compare Witter with Tszyu as they have completely different styles. Witter is a slick switch hitting mover, while Tszyu relies more on his power.

Hatton would destroy Cotto.
Old 21-09-2006, 04:07 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
I doubt this fight will happen, as Hatton dropped a division to fight Urango for the LightWelter, Cotto has now moved up a division to fight for Hatton's vacant WBA Welterweight belt against Carlos Quintana. Bit of a coincidence to be honest. But im sure Hatton will be fighting Costillo in early if not mid summer, and after that (assuming he wins against Juan Urango) he will have to fight a mandatory 9 months after he has won the fight (IBF rules), which will proberly be against N'dou. I reckon he should stop worring about the belts and worry about the fighters, he really needs to start fighting a better calibre of fighter now. I know Zoo was a legendry LW but since then Collazo and Urango are not the fights he should be taking (in order to get belts).
Old 21-09-2006, 05:01 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't think you can compare Witter with Tszyu as they have completely different styles. Witter is a slick switch hitting mover, while Tszyu relies more on his power.

The styles are different but saying Hatton cant fight counter punchers is wrong as Kostya is / was far superior to Witter in this area. Witter is more slippery however is much less powerful. Hatton would overpower and bully Witter and he hasn't (in my opinion) got the skills or strength to cope.
Old 29-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone watching Moore vs Macklin tonight? Should be a belter.
Old 29-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Anyone watching Moore vs Macklin tonight? Should be a belter.
What channel is it on?
Old 29-09-2006, 09:10 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone watching the boxing on SKY?

Just seen Ricky Hatton on it and in my opinion he seems to be carrying a lot of weight there, his face looks well chubby!! It maybe because he's not in the gym at the moment, but i would of thought that this is not the case.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 29-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
My Friend has his first televised card tonight at 12140 Channel 5 (my friend is a promoter and is the MC on the card as well) he has Peter haymer defending his commonwealth and Andrew Murray fighting well worth watching. If he gets 200,000 watching tonight he will get a better time for his next card
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 29-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
hope maklin is ok
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 29-09-2006, 10:55 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by redandblue
hope maklin is ok
Yes that was worrying,but he was sitting up talking okay in the ambulance. Great fight though. If I am still awake will have a look at the boxing on chan 5 starts at 12.40.

Agree BlueBoy Hatton looks 2 stone at least above fighting weight. I think there is some concern at his life style between fights. There are big money fights over the next couple of years and he should be looking after himself and retire before 30. I hope that he did not hit his peak in the Tszyu fight. Bring on Cotto and Mayweather they will be the big money earners for him.
Old 30-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Yes that was worrying,but he was sitting up talking okay in the ambulance. Great fight though. If I am still awake will have a look at the boxing on chan 5 starts at 12.40.

Agree BlueBoy Hatton looks 2 stone at least above fighting weight. I think there is some concern at his life style between fights. There are big money fights over the next couple of years and he should be looking after himself and retire before 30. I hope that he did not hit his peak in the Tszyu fight. Bring on Cotto and Mayweather they will be the big money earners for him.
Hatton will certainly not fight Mayweather I mean he wont even fight Witter and Cotto is doubtful. Hatton has allways dodged good fighters Tszyu was only fought when he was way past his best. I think Hatton will fight Gatti next another spent force but a name or maybe Zab Judah. Hatton has allways ballooned between fights he likes his beer and chips

Old 30-09-2006, 09:22 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
My Friend has his first televised card tonight at 12140 Channel 5 (my friend is a promoter and is the MC on the card as well) he has Peter haymer defending his commonwealth and Andrew Murray fighting well worth watching. If he gets 200,000 watching tonight he will get a better time for his next card
Whatched the channel 5 show last night, but there was only the two girls fighting at Bethnal Green and the Californian fights,no Haymer or Murray unless I nodded off. Cant see 200,000 watching at that hour somehow.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hatton will certainly not fight Mayweather I mean he wont even fight Witter and Cotto is doubtful. Hatton has allways dodged good fighters Tszyu was only fought when he was way past his best. I think Hatton will fight Gatti next another spent force but a name or maybe Zab Judah. Hatton has allways ballooned between fights he likes his beer and chips
Well he didn't want to fight Mayweather earlier because he wasn't ready physically or mentally for him. To be honest he has just come into his prime and should be now looking for his big big fights, instead he is lokoing at big big pay not so much risk involved fights.
Although his bout possibly scheduled for next summer against Jose Luis Costillo will be his big big fight. Then at Christmas it should be time to give the UK fans a huge fight. Witter vs Hatton.
This may be a big ask for both fighters, Witter needs Hatton more that Hatton needs Witter. There is talks that Hatton and Witter's contracts involved a fight between each other. Thats rubbish never was never has been, Hitman has never had any need to fight Witter. If he does its one step forward two steps back imho, he gets a belt(if he wins) and a large check but not so much world recognition (which is what Hatton craves).
He stepped back down from Welterweight because he felt the strain, strangley enough Cotto had stepped up to Welterweight to fight for the vacant WBA title. That would of been another top fight but thats not looking likely to happen.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think Hatton's on to fight Castillo if he beats Urango. Which he should do. I doubt Witter will fight Hatton as Witter apparently bored the US audience against Corley - he's not a draw in the US, where the Yanks love the action style of Hatton.

Matt Skelton's taking on Audley Harrison in December on the undercard of the Scott Harrison/Nicky Cook fight. Really hope Skelton beats him so he can go for a world title fight.

Froch is up against Tony Dodson in November too. Really like Froch, like his style, plus he trains in my old gym up in Nottingham!

Mayweather's got Baldomir in November - after Baldomir took Gatti apart I think he could do something against the Pretty Boy - although time will tell i guess!

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3

Last edited by nottsunieagle; 02-10-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:36 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hope Skelton knocks Harrison out.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 04-10-2006, 07:52 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've always thought it was a shame about Harrison. He has the skill, but he is so inately cautious and cowardly, that when he faced his first real test he bottled it

Oh and he wasn't aerobically fit as he could have been either. But oh well, he's history, Skelton should win comfortably.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GJN
I've always thought it was a shame about Harrison. He has the skill, but he is so inately cautious and cowardly, that when he faced his first real test he bottled it

Oh and he wasn't aerobically fit as he could have been either. But oh well, he's history, Skelton should win comfortably.
And he punches like a girl. If Skelton tunrs up then he'll win. It is a shame as technically Audley was good. Far more suited to the Amateurs than pro's though.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I see Valuev destroyed another US challenger on Saturday. I'd love to see Skelton go up against him. At this rate there is noone in the US who can match him.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Havent seen this bloke, only heard of what he's done. Is his height that awkward for everyone to do something about. Surely his body is wide open to rib shots?
Old 14-10-2006, 09:07 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
ITV1 now. Great fight so far