Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS MurrayEssexeagle FFS Murray
Supergoals in the Sun

I just thought I'd pick some quotes from the Sun today. It includes some great quotes from the players.

"Iain Dowie's boys face adversity and an increasingly uncertain future with a smile and dignified determination.

"Ferguson and United, though, shows yet again whey they are the most despised team in England outside some parts of Manchester and the Home Counties.

"From the 15th minute of the first half until the teams trooped down the tunnel at the end, the Premiership's prima donna's were at it.

"Whinging, moaning, snarling and stamping their feet because things were not going their way."

and

"Palace's desprate fight for survival is no less meaningful then Manchester United's pursuit of glory at the highest level - perhaps it is even more so given the financial implications of relegation.

"Yet it was interesting to note how Palace's Greek winger Vassilis Lakis accepted his fate with dignity instead of childish fury when sent off for picking up two bookings after 64 minutes"

Quote from Granville: "We actually said to each other befoe the game that if anything happens, keep smiling. The more frustrated they get the more you are getting under their skins."

Quote from Hughes: "We fully believed we would get something out of the game"

Last edited by Essexeagle; 08-03-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:57 PM

muswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsmuswell eagle is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Did you notice that Lakis got the Sun's Stinker of the Day award, but the player shown is actually Soares!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:26 AM

maestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was going to post about the write up but tbh couldnt be bothered to type it all out, I know some people criticise the sun but every monday they do seem to have a great write up, the jounalist always sounds like a palace fan to me.

Oh and i bet soares is well pissed of with that picture, stinker of the week should go to that pompey keeper who kicked it is his own net!

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 08-03-2005, 04:20 AM

Aussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Keep smiling!

Last edited by Aussie_Eagle; 08-03-2005 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:23 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by muswell eagle
Did you notice that Lakis got the Sun's Stinker of the Day award, but the player shown is actually Soares!
Libal (sp) claim i think
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMasterYoda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by maestro
I was going to post about the write up but tbh couldnt be bothered to type it all out, I know some people criticise the sun but every monday they do seem to have a great write up, the jounalist always sounds like a palace fan to me.

Oh and i bet soares is well pissed of with that picture, stinker of the week should go to that pompey keeper who kicked it is his own net!
Super goals annoys me - their player ratings are stupid and never ever resemble the ratings we give on here and they get so much factual information wrong like which player had a particular shot etc.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReps AJ : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterYoda
Super goals annoys me - their player ratings are stupid and never ever resemble the ratings we give on here
Although, to be fair, quite often the ratings given on here don't resemble each other
Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Swiss Eagle

Sir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSir.S.C Remembered : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great article from the Sun. I have been very unimpressed with their reports alot of the time especially their match raings whereby Aki would be everyone's MOM but they would give him a 5 rating etc
Old 08-03-2005, 12:48 PM

cranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecranesparkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yesterdays was a particularly good one, much more sympathetic than normal. I love the idea of our players smiling through. Reminds me of Kiplings poem IF ...you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs...you'll be a man my son.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Basil Fawlty

Jay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
lol poor soares

Dallas cowboys fan.
You shouldn't drink on a empty head.
Friday Night Lights, the best book/TV show/Film combo ever!

follow me on Twitter HarlingJ add me!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:50 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Supergoals shows the attendance as over 35,000.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123
Re: Supergoals in the Sun

Quote:
Originally posted by Essexeagle
I just thought I'd pick some quotes from the Sun today. It includes some great quotes from the players.

"Iain Dowie's boys face adversity and an increasingly uncertain future with a smile and dignified determination.

"Ferguson and United, though, shows yet again whey they are the most despised team in England outside some parts of Manchester and the Home Counties.

"From the 15th minute of the first half until the teams trooped down the tunnel at the end, the Premiership's prima donna's were at it.

"Whinging, moaning, snarling and stamping their feet because things were not going their way."

and

"Palace's desprate fight for survival is no less meaningful then Manchester United's pursuit of glory at the highest level - perhaps it is even more so given the financial implications of relegation.

"Yet it was interesting to note how Palace's Greek winger Vassilis Lakis accepted his fate with dignity instead of childish fury when sent off for picking up two bookings after 64 minutes"

Quote from Granville: "We actually said to each other befoe the game that if anything happens, keep smiling. The more frustrated they get the more you are getting under their skins."

Quote from Hughes: "We fully believed we would get something out of the game"
I also loved Hughesys comment to Clattenberg when Roy Keane raced up to challenge one of his decisions. "Whose refereeing this game then him or you?"
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Student Bum

S.O.B is playing for a contract
Good report, but not only did they mess up the lakis picture, but didnt Granville get star man?? He got 8 and Gonz, Hall and Boyce (the 3 real contenders for Man of the Match IMHO) got 6 out of ten. What game were they watching???
Old 08-03-2005, 04:05 PM

Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123 Eagle123
Quote:
Originally posted by S.O.B
Good report, but not only did they mess up the lakis picture, but didnt Granville get star man?? He got 8 and Gonz, Hall and Boyce (the 3 real contenders for Man of the Match IMHO) got 6 out of ten. What game were they watching???
Granville was outstanding but for me our MOM was young Tom. That boy has no fear one so young its fantastic.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry, I disagree. I don't see why Granville was any less a contender for man of the match than the other three defenders (though I'd have given it to Hughes). Granville gets knocked a lot on here, but he has been magnificant recently. Other than the free kick he gave away on the edge of the box he didn't do a lot wrong, and did a whole lot right. He was marking the very tricky Ronaldo, but time after time wasn't fooled by the stepovers and just walloped the ball away from Ronaldo's feet.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:26 PM

maestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterYoda
Super goals annoys me - their player ratings are stupid and never ever resemble the ratings we give on here and they get so much factual information wrong like which player had a particular shot etc.

I think its the other way around, that ratings given by people on here are stupid alot of the time, certain players always get 9 or 10's just for showing up, and even an average game always results in a 7 or 8
Old 08-03-2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by maestro
I think its the other way around, that ratings given by people on here are stupid alot of the time, certain players always get 9 or 10's just for showing up, and even an average game always results in a 7 or 8
Totally agree, too many peoples judgement on here is clouded by they're favourites. So what if you like Dougie or Gonzo or whoever. If they play shit say they're shit.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent Eagle Forever : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Granville along with the rest of the team was/were men of the match
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle123
Totally agree, too many peoples judgement on here is clouded by they're favourites. So what if you like Dougie or Gonzo or whoever. If they play shit say they're shit.
I will add though (before everyone takes my comments the wrong way) that EVERYONE had a great game on Saturday and the result bears this out
Old 08-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Copthorne Eagle

grubbie is playing for a contract
Have you also noticed that the percentage of possesion figures can be very different depending on which paper you read?

Iain Dowie March 05 2005.