Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-03-2005, 08:26 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Terry Fenwick was dire...God only knows how he played for England!
Old 18-03-2005, 10:40 AM

orpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by imashed
dele adbola got to be the slowest ever black player ever, no way was pardew a bad player villa park one of my best memories being there and look what he's doing to w ham for us
So one header against pool make him an ok player , admittidly at this moment in time he's a fantastic manager ,
Old 18-03-2005, 10:42 AM

orpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsorpington pisshead is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Mabbutt
Page 3 before Brian Bason gets a mention. I suspect this is a record for worst player threads.

Bason, Price, Langley, Aylott, Jones, Mahoney, Brown, McCulloch.

Boy we never had it so good.
Bearing in mind most of this lot was in the side at the same time its a miracle we never got relegated to div 3
Old 18-03-2005, 10:49 AM

alan is playing for a contract
Ruddock
Old 18-03-2005, 09:07 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Del Martian
Also, the Manager is of Italian ancestry, not Irish, and it's GRADI. I suppose as it's St GianPatrice's Day, you are forgiven.
When I first heard that he coming to Palace, I honestly thought that he was called Darry O'Grady until I saw his name in print.

As far as our worst player goes, his deadline day triumvirate of signings of Bason, Langley and Price take some beating but for sheer comical ineptitude and a complete lack of the slightest redeeming feature, the prize has to go to Ade Akinbiyi. Comically bad although for that fee, it was hard to laugh. Why managers continue to want to pay good money for him is one of the most baffling mysteries of modern day football.
Old 19-03-2005, 07:54 AM

mabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bag
I think we have omitted the champion of kack players:

GARY STEBBING!!

Oh my god
Old 19-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I find it strange that Harrison is getting a few shouts on here, when he played in central defence i thought he always did quite well and was a good tackler. For me it has to be Akinbyi, i can't remember him having any redeeming qualities apart from trying.
Old 20-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone who thinks anyone who played for us in the 90s or 00s was the worst player ever obviously never saw us in the early and mid 80s. There are so many candidates there who would make even Zohar look OK. I think I'd go for McCulloch of Mahoney, but there's so many to choose from.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 £5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 20-03-2005, 12:14 PM

GloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Bright
Leif Andersson

No contest
Old 20-03-2005, 12:17 PM
LL12 Eagle

mouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trend
Quote:
Originally posted by MartinE
Has to be Akinbiyi. You don't encounter many players who can't do anything - couldn't control the ball, couldn't shoot, couldn't hold the ball up, useless in the air and couldn't pass - the complete player in every sense
i remember once i think we were playing preston, he came off 'injured' and came by the palace crowd and someone shouted, " physio break his leg"
Old 20-03-2005, 12:19 PM

GloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thomas (Fatboy) Brolin
Old 20-03-2005, 12:20 PM
LL12 Eagle

mouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trend
what bout worst keeper
Old 20-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by mouseboy
what bout worst keeper
Henry Hughton

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 £5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 20-03-2005, 04:23 PM

mabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bagmabbutts boots has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
what bout worst keeper
John Salako!!!!

David Fry, absolutely no contest whatsoever
Old 21-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
what bout worst keeper
Steve Mautone
Old 22-03-2005, 12:19 AM

Q2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the blues
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
Steve Mautone
There's a player i'd forgotten about - anyone know what happened to him?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i'm only 15, so i dont remember past rubbish players
however, there was an era 1998-2001 which was full of total tripe players

itzik zohar (gone into hiding since THAT penalty vs southampton)
david amsalem (now at beitar jerusalem, age 34)
jose antunes fumaca (exactly)
fernando de ornelas (exactly mk II, now at olympiakos nicosia, age 29)
gregg berhalter (we had 2 yanks, he was the crap one, now playing for german side energie cottbus, age 32)
walter del rio (after leaving, he screwed dundee for all they've got. now playing for FC wolhen in swiss leagues)

those are just off the tip of my tongue (info from FM 2005)

oh, and steve mautone is now goalie for slough town
speaking of pants goalies, remember sven scheuer?
he was the ex-bayern goalie helping out in our goalie crisis at the time.
the manager opted for loanee nic michopolous instead, now thats an insult. anyway sven has been looking for a club since 2003 when he was released from a lower league german side. enough said.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pound for pound, either Tuttle or Ismael
Old 05-04-2005, 01:00 PM
On a final warning

dodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Ollie
as a "younger" palace fan 3 players come to mind. oooooooooooooooooo adebola!! the worst 1st touch ive ever seen, massive lump who everytime headed the ball gave away a freekick. craig harrison comes pretty close. that long hair always getting in his eyes and tomas brolin. brolin he was way to fat, what was we thinking?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Genius

joyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoyce the voice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Flanagan.

Not the worst but never ever scored. I never recovered from that season.