Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Marshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarshy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Americanos - Holly johnson

Anyone else remember that the PA system used to always play this just before kick off amd somehow 'mixed' it into Glad All Over?

Old 19-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes, it was John Henty's idea and he did it for 2 or 3 seasons in the early 90's - the beat did join up nicely with G.A.O.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
it was the instrumental version. reminds me of the "good old days"
Old 19-04-2005, 01:39 PM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep, remember it. Very happy days.

But why? What was the relevance of that song to Crystal Palace, or was it just one of John Hentys favourites?
Old 19-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Blue jeans & Chinos.
Old 19-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought it was the only record he had!
Old 19-04-2005, 04:13 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It reminds me of when we used to win games in the top division! Loved it
Old 28-04-2005, 11:41 AM

magician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
Blue jeans & Chinos.
that takes me back !

we love you ,we love you , we love you!!!
thank you from the bottom of my heart
Old 28-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couldn't stand that record. Spoiled GAO by close association.

Given John Henty's connections with Brighton was the gayness of the singer a coincidence?

The song was probably only heard at SP and 'Heaven'.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:11 PM

SW17 Eagle is playing for a contract
Great to hear this at half time yesterday!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:37 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse heading to the bar at half-time, I heard that. Horrible, awful record.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
A song that was often played in the mid 80's was Russ Abbot's kitsch party track 'Oh what an atmosphere'. The tackiness of it always made me chuckle, especially when the ground was always a quarter full back then.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 PM

November85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS Murray
Was it then or a bit later when he also used to play Fly Like an Eagle by Seal?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by November85 View Post
Was it then or a bit later when he also used to play Fly Like an Eagle by Seal?
Think that was in the Rob Fox days? So early 2000's maybe?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:38 PM

November85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS MurrayNovember85 FFS Murray
I'm sure I remember standing in the Holmesdale hearing that, so must have been earlier. Or my memory's not to be trusted. Equally possible.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
played on Sat when we were 4-0 at HT. Another low point
Old 10-02-2017, 11:08 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember he used to play suicide blonde by inxs as well before ko every home game. Then some strange kind of African drum beat that was then merged into GAO!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:33 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Yeah I remember.

Awful.

Palace...a cross you carry through life. Occasionally you get lured into thinking something good will happen but in the end it just turns out to be yet another big shit storm.

Last edited by Sick Bucket; 10-02-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:44 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
played on Sat when we were 4-0 at HT. Another low point
yep was extremely lead balloon-like. Palace at home is such a chore. All wrong!
Old 11-02-2017, 12:17 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Anyone else remember that the PA system used to always play this just before kick off amd somehow 'mixed' it into Glad All Over?

'Blue jeans and chinos.' And then the 'Markie Bright' song would begin...

And I had hair.