Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Anyone play online poker.

EDIT : Now this thread is off the ground, Strathclyde Eagle thought it would be a good idea to edit this post with details of the current BBS online poker tournaments.

There are usually between 5 and 10 of us who play on a weekly basis, details below:

Poker site - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Private Table Name - bbs/BBS2/bbs3 ( It varies depending who's table we are on )

Password - onesize

Entry Fee - $5.50

Prize Money - Split between top three places, prize money determined by how many people play

Usual Day of Games - Wednesday @ approx. 20:45

If you are not currently set up on Ladbrokes, it only takes a few minutes to register, and you can usually play within a few minutes of registering.

We usually play a couple of games, each takes approx 30-45 mins each.

If you have any questions just post them at the end of the thread. Citizen Sane will usually update who has confirmed they will be playing and if there is a change of day ( usually due to a Palace match ).

Enjoy

Last edited by DANCOO; 14-09-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
william hill online is quite a nice one - you can play for real money for single tourneys for a 3 buy in.look plush too!

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 11-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Paradise Poker is the best one I've come across, lots of rich Americans and the standard is quite low
Old 11-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been thinking about this for some time but haven't had the nerve to make the jump. Do you pay a set amount like nottsunieagle mentioned, 3.00 or is that just the fee to sit at the table? I'd like to start off small and gauge whether I can hack it.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Bobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for you
I've thought about this but I just know if I did I would get addicted.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 PM

DaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDaveCPFC4Life sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I know 'Kev the Optimist' and 'Gav the Hamster' can be found on Ladbrokes online a fair bit. Make quite a bit of cash so i believe.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Spilane
I've been thinking about this for some time but haven't had the nerve to make the jump. Do you pay a set amount like nottsunieagle mentioned, 3.00 or is that just the fee to sit at the table? I'd like to start off small and gauge whether I can hack it.
Same as.

Watched it a fair bit on TV and played it on yahoo, but you can't really judge if you'd be any good until you get your money out.
I think the William Hill site allows you to play with 15p limits, so I might give that a go, just to see how it goes.

If I do my bollocks in ten minutes I will probably decide it's not for me.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:44 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
play it quite a lot on Betfair and Bet365

my advice is don't go on the cash tables where you can just walk up and join in, you can lose a lot of money very quickly!!

All poker sites have tables with 6 or 10 players where you can pay a fixed amount (1, 5, 10, 16, 20, 30 and upwards), and everyone gets 1000 chips, prizes are paid out for 1st two with 6 players and first 3 with 10 players

good fun as long as you don't bet more than you can afford but guess that's the way with all forms of gambling

On sites where there are american players am told that Sunday mornings are the best times to play as they often have all night lads sessions (!!) and if you catch them gone midnight US time they can play very badly, am also told that these can go on all day during the day on Sunday too. No idea how much truth there is in that but it sounds credible
Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Finbar

All poker sites have tables with 6 or 10 players where you can pay a fixed amount (1, 5, 10, 16, 20, 30 and upwards), and everyone gets 1000 chips, prizes are paid out for 1st two with 6 players and first 3 with 10 players

I take it you would need to have a few hours put aside for something like that?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:51 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you are in till the final two then would reckon on about an hour for 6 players and 90mins for 10 players, after then the blinds get so big that it has to knock people out very quickly
Old 13-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Spilane
you can either play with the money in your account, or play single table tourneys. its a set buy in ie. 3, then you play with 1000 chips and top 3 win money. the standard isn't that great but its harder to gauge a bluff when you can't see the player!

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 13-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Yep, I can be found online at Ladbrokes fairly often! Not sure about the making loads of cash bit although I have been through some good streaks at times!!

Very enjoyable but also very addictive, my advice is to go to laddies and play on the small tables to start(.10 - .20 cents) till your confident then hit the $100 dollar blinds.

This time next year you'll be a miwionaire
Old 13-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
you can either play with the money in your account, or play single table tourneys. its a set buy in ie. 3, then you play with 1000 chips and top 3 win money. the standard isn't that great but its harder to gauge a bluff when you can't see the player!
Sounds like a good way to try it out, what are the most ruputable sites which do that - I'm not sure if William Hill have that option do they?
Old 13-05-2005, 01:59 PM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I play on Bet365 and plan to play full-time after I leave uni. My username is 'Poolio.' I play NL 1/2 ($200), 2/4 ($400) and occasionally 5/10 ($1000) 6 seater cash games.

On B365 they now let you set-up private tournaments so maybe we could set-up a BBS tournament if there are enough players using this site?
Old 13-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerKevTheOptimist ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Also, Laddies have a free tournement every day at 7.30 and earlier in the day as well which is good practice.

Also, if you go to ulimate bet, although this site is shite for playing with real money becasue some of the flops and deals are ridiculous, they do have a free section where you get play chips and can play for. You get a 1000 and when you run out or lose it all, you get another 1000!! Good fun for the beginner
Old 13-05-2005, 02:02 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
cd poker
Old 13-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PoolKing
I play on Bet365 and plan to play full-time after I leave uni. My username is 'Poolio.' I play NL 1/2 ($200), 2/4 ($400) and occasionally 5/10 ($1000) 6 seater cash games.

On B365 they now let you set-up private tournaments so maybe we could set-up a BBS tournament if there are enough players using this site?
hmm, as a beginner, do I really want to be playing agaist someone who plans to go full-time.
Old 13-05-2005, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KevTheOptimist

Also, if you go to ulimate bet, although this site is shite for playing with real money becasue some of the flops and deals are ridiculous...
Are they fixed so people can learn?
Old 13-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Scrambled Egg

Son of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
PokerMillion has the best interface
PokerRoom is nice, has lots of freeroll tournaments
Pacific Poker (part of 888.com) is ok, once you get used to the naff interface.

They all seem a bit suspect in some ways though. It's almost as if they encourage you to stay in to the river, to build the rake.....
Old 13-05-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst
PokerMillion has the best interface
PokerRoom is nice, has lots of freeroll tournaments
Pacific Poker (part of 888.com) is ok, once you get used to the naff interface.

They all seem a bit suspect in some ways though. It's almost as if they encourage you to stay in to the river, to build the rake.....
I suppose William Hill and the likes would be the best bet in that regards.