Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 15-06-2005, 08:07 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
Yeah. I am really feeling that I'm up against it, I'm gonna consider making it thru the first day a success. I won an $11 satellite, then a $110 satellite to get the seat.
Did you play well, get lucky, bit of both?

I entered an $11 satellite last night just to see how I faired. Went out first hand all in after the flop with QQ in the hole - all low on the flop, player on my right who called my raise, flopped two pair - 3 7??? Jammy bugger!
Old 15-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's funny, we say the same about Europeans.

And I'm sure you'd be right. i meant that there seems to be a large quotient of loose players on a few of the populist sites where there lots of americans - eg. Pacific, Party. There's also lots of barracking and "o u fish u so sick f u" chatter and mad pots. Infact, it's worth staying away from!

I phrased it badly - I love the yanks.

Good luck at the big one!
Old 15-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO

I entered an $11 satellite last night just to see how I faired. Went out first hand all in after the flop with QQ in the hole - all low on the flop, player on my right who called my raise, flopped two pair - 3 7??? Jammy bugger!
Did you bet it pre flop, or allow players to see a cheap flop?
Old 15-06-2005, 09:40 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
Did you bet it pre flop, or allow players to see a cheap flop?
1500 chips to start, blinds were 15/30, I can't remember what I bet, but it was probably 200 ( but might have been 60 - I was betting for value as there were only five of us on the table ) - he called with 3 7o.
Old 15-06-2005, 09:41 AM

Old 15-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Stumbling in the dark

Steve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleepSteve M if going out is your best bet, then bingo yourself to sleep
I guess maybe I'm just a little more passive but I'd never go all in in the first few rounds of a tourny coz you just don't know how aggressive or how good any of the other players are and there is always the risk of that kind of thing happening. I like to wait till I've got a killer hand then nail it. Later on, once I've built up the chips, I can start to bully and bluff a bit, though generally unless I've got a very big chip advantage or good position I won't see the flop unless I've got something.

By the way, I got my refund from Party Poker along with a share of the prize pot - a massive $11!
Old 15-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve M
I guess maybe I'm just a little more passive but I'd never go all in in the first few rounds of a tourny coz you just don't know how aggressive or how good any of the other players are and there is always the risk of that kind of thing happening. I like to wait till I've got a killer hand then nail it. Later on, once I've built up the chips, I can start to bully and bluff a bit, though generally unless I've got a very big chip advantage or good position I won't see the flop unless I've got something.

By the way, I got my refund from Party Poker along with a share of the prize pot - a massive $11!
I wouldn't normally either, and I don't usually play that agressive, but with what I was holding, and a very favourable flop ( at least so I thought at the time ), I thought it was worth the low risk to try and get a good chip lead early on. 3 7o??? I suppose it just goes to prove some people will call a bet or rasie with anything. Still, I think I pretty much played the hand right with the information I had, so I'm not too fussed.
Old 15-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:

Played really well and got lucky. Totally bluffed a guy off a huge pot when it was down to 5 players, but also caught a gutshot straight on the river versus 2 pair. But you usually need both to win.

You played that QQ correct, depending on what your preflop raise was. If it was 60, then I could see danger, but 200 I would never guess that flop would help someone. I've seen so many people willing to push with top pair or a draw that you probably made the right play, although all-in after the flop might not have been my first bet. If he had had KK or AA, I imagine he would have moved in against you before the flop. But you can never tell with these online nutbags.

I managed to win 4 straight Sit'n'Go tourneys last night. Including 1 round of Omaha. People just willing to call down with draws and bad pairs. So I'm feeling good heading towards next month.
Old 15-06-2005, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Played really well and got lucky. Totally bluffed a guy off a huge pot when it was down to 5 players, but also caught a gutshot straight on the river versus 2 pair. But you usually need both to win.

I managed to win 4 straight Sit'n'Go tourneys last night. Including 1 round of Omaha. People just willing to call down with draws and bad pairs. So I'm feeling good heading towards next month.
What was the total package you won?

My heads-up play is appaling, excluding last night I've made it to a heads-up situation eight times out of my last nine tourneys, and only won one of them.

Good luck in the WSOP, take a laptop and keep us all updated with your progress.
Old 15-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
What was the total package you won?

My heads-up play is appaling, excluding last night I've made it to a heads-up situation eight times out of my last nine tourneys, and only won one of them.

Good luck in the WSOP, take a laptop and keep us all updated with your progress.
I won the $10K entry plus $2K spending money. But I had to handle my own airfare and hotel. I won it thru Empire Poker, so its not one of the big boys that are buying out entire floors at the big hotels.

Heads-up play is a different animal, and it usually takes some experience to get a feel for when to make moves. I think there are actually a couple of books that deal specifically with heads-up play.

And now that I think about it, I think you played that QQ hand wrong. I didn't realize that you had started with 1500 chips and there was only 5 people at the table. I guess it depends on how the betting went after the flop. I have made plays like that before, when I think people are on AK or AQ and look for a little flop.
Old 16-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Graffiti Arsist

Quote:
I won the $10K entry plus $2K spending money. But I had to handle my own airfare and hotel. I won it thru Empire Poker, so its not one of the big boys that are buying out entire floors at the big hotels.

Heads-up play is a different animal, and it usually takes some experience to get a feel for when to make moves. I think there are actually a couple of books that deal specifically with heads-up play.

And now that I think about it, I think you played that QQ hand wrong. I didn't realize that you had started with 1500 chips and there was only 5 people at the table. I guess it depends on how the betting went after the flop. I have made plays like that before, when I think people are on AK or AQ and look for a little flop.
Kewl...

What do you guess your ratio of see the flop: pre-flop fold is? I fear mine's too high (online). Offline I'm alot more sensible, which is silly really.

Yesterday evening I played for an hour's relaxation on the 1/2and the players on my table were UNBELIEVABLE. They would go in on absolutely nothing. I mean - just anything. And they'd raise on it, even after bering caugth out. I realised under those circs you can;t set the pace, can't bet them out, and just have to wait until you get it and then slow play. In one way it;s a gift but in another it's dangerous because it can;t help but throw you off your normal game.
Old 16-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Johnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fear
I have just started playing online for small money at the moment. Have been playing online for last year but not for money. Just started playing for money. Am on Ladbrokes at the moment. Have been playing on the $0.10 and $0.20 blinds. They are quite annoying to play as so many people call before flop, as so low, even usually call when I raise it. Am doing okay. Have doubled my starting chips so far, started with $9, up to $18. When get more confident will move onto the tables with higher blinds.

What sort of %, should I have for looking at flops. As am not to sure if playing to negative.
Old 16-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnson
I have just started playing online for small money at the moment. Have been playing online for last year but not for money. Just started playing for money. Am on Ladbrokes at the moment. Have been playing on the $0.10 and $0.20 blinds. They are quite annoying to play as so many people call before flop, as so low, even usually call when I raise it. Am doing okay. Have doubled my starting chips so far, started with $9, up to $18. When get more confident will move onto the tables with higher blinds.

What sort of %, should I have for looking at flops. As am not to sure if playing to negative.
I recommend reading through this bloke's site >>> To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Quote:
I recommend reading through this bloke's site >>> To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks - this is great too: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Quote:

Just depends on the game. Remember that if you play tight, then when you DO raise people are more likely to respect your bet than if you were calling everything like the others.

If everyone is chasing madly you hold an advantage if you just play your cards.

On a loose table, play tight, and vice versa.
Old 16-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Mr Goodness

mattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weedmattgood is AJ vs the 'weed
Have just started playing 'Hold em' on Yahoo games. Nice and simple and quite enjoyable. Tis good for practise I find.
Old 16-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
About 20% for me, I've just started on PokerRoom.com.
Been "practicing" for a few months. Doing ok so far (in profit).

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 16-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
What do you guess your ratio of see the flop: pre-flop fold is? I fear mine's too high (online). Offline I'm alot more sensible, which is silly really.
Overall, I'm probably seeing 20%-22% of flops. It can vary from table to table and night to night.
Old 16-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Overall, I'm probably seeing 20%-22% of flops. It can vary from table to table and night to night.
How many attempts at the sattelite did it take you to get in?
Old 16-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
How many attempts at the sattelite did it take you to get in?
Actually it was the first one I did this year. I tried a little bit last year, but didn't really make an effort. This time I was having a terrible night on the ring games and just decided to blow off some steam in a multi-table tourney. The one I happened to pick was the WSOP satellite to another satellite. Didn't even realize it until after it started. This was months ago as well, I had planned to make a serious effort this year, but turns out I didn't have to.