Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Born in Fort Neath

Eagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle El : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Whittles goal was a classy curler when curlers were not the vogue.
I was there!
Old 20-02-2014, 03:06 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Tomorrow is probably the best chance we'll have to hammer them for another 30 years.

The 3-0 late in the 90/91 season also springs to mind.
Old 20-02-2014, 06:55 AM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Tomorrow is probably the best chance we'll have to hammer them for another 30 years.

I just cant see us beating them Tomorrow
Old 20-02-2014, 08:42 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
I just cant see us beating them Tomorrow
That is a fair point. I'll ask your opinion on Friday.
Old 20-02-2014, 08:59 AM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:

It was just before their cup winners cup final and the whole ground chanting Barcelona is a good memory.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 20-02-2014, 09:12 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
cvould have been 6 (six)

You're welcome

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-02-2014, 09:42 AM

mickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was 8 years old at the time, in my early days of going to Palace.

My daughter will be with me on Saturday (we're season ticket holders)…
She's 8 years old, in her early days of going to Palace.
Old 20-02-2014, 09:47 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A classic, but as I remember it, Man U were all over the place that day. They looked totally shell-shocked. Don Rogers was fantastic, as were the whole team. The pitch was a quagmire but that didn't seem to trouble Don
What I wouldn't give for a similar result on Saturday!
Old 20-02-2014, 10:07 AM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man U were in a state of real turmoil near the bottom of the league when we won 5-0 so totally different from now, and no chance of a repeat. We can't score more than 3 goals in a game and usually it's one or two. We have only scored one v Chelski and Liverpool against the top sides this season. They are almost bound to score so maybe a draw would be good realistically.
Old 20-02-2014, 10:19 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I remember the 3-0, just. Their keeper that day (who I think was a reserve) dropped the ball in front of Wright (or was it Bright) and he tapped it in. I can't remember the other goals though I thought Salako scored but I was only 13 at the time.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:14 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I remember the 3-0, just. Their keeper that day (who I think was a reserve) dropped the ball in front of Wright (or was it Bright) and he tapped it in. I can't remember the other goals though I thought Salako scored but I was only 13 at the time.

at 5:57

It was a convincing and enjoyable end to our most successful season - thrashing them like that, but i wouldn't say it was as satisfying as the score suggests for two reasons. One: you knew United were at half speed seeing as they had the Cup Winners Cup Final against Barca coming up in midweek; plus that hollow feeling of nothing to show for an unbelievable season with us being well and truely cheated out of a European spot.

For me, that game or the Carling Cup win at Old Trafford 2 years ago have not been proper satisfying revenge on that club. Tomorrow just may well be though.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:21 AM

exeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weedexeterunieagle is AJ vs the 'weed
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-02-2014, 08:37 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I remember the 3-0, I had a dream we beat Utd 4-0, and had a fair few bets on the outcome correct score plus accumlators based on the dream. At 3-0 I was looking at a pay out of a couple of thousand if we scored again, Andy Gray broke through the defence minutes to go I was screaming goal and the twat missed never have forgiven him. Ended up about £3 better of from the cover bet of a simple win. The 5-0 is one of the top games of all time certainly in the top three I was there and occasionally look at the video happy days.
Old 21-02-2014, 09:21 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

at 5:57

It was a convincing and enjoyable end to our most successful season - thrashing them like that, but i wouldn't say it was as satisfying as the score suggests for two reasons. One: you knew United were at half speed seeing as they had the Cup Winners Cup Final against Barca coming up in midweek; plus that hollow feeling of nothing to show for an unbelievable season with us being well and truely cheated out of a European spot.

For me, that game or the Carling Cup win at Old Trafford 2 years ago have not been proper satisfying revenge on that club. Tomorrow just may well be though.

That was superb, thanks. I used to have the videos of the season reviews of the early 90's and watch them regularly. Bought back some great memories.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That is a fair point. I'll ask your opinion on Friday.
I think we will beat the bastards.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 05-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Anyone know the palace team and sub for this match?

Obviously Mulligan, Rogers and Whittle but who else?

I am guessing something like:

Jackson

Mulligan
Cannon
Blyth
Wall

Rogers
Craven
Whittle
Hughes

Tambling
?

I am mostly guessing TBH from players of around that era?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Anyone know the palace team and sub for this match?

Obviously Mulligan, Rogers and Whittle but who else?

I am guessing something like:

Jackson

Mulligan
Cannon
Blyth
Wall

Rogers
Craven
Whittle
Hughes

Tambling
?

I am mostly guessing TBH from players of around that era?
Team was:

Jackson

Mulligan (2)
Taylor, T

Phillip
Bell
Blyth

Hughes
Payne
Whittle (debut) (1)
Cooke
Rogers (2)
Old 05-05-2015, 10:58 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Please make this scoreline happen again on Saturday.

Failing that I'll take a 1 nil win
Old 05-05-2015, 11:01 PM
phase three

Jer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Team was:

Jackson

Mulligan (2)
Taylor, T

Phillip
Bell
Blyth

Hughes
Payne
Whittle (debut) (1)
Cooke
Rogers (2)
Whatever happened to the good old 2-3-5? Still a highlight all these years on
Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Whatever happened to the good old 2-3-5? Still a highlight all these years on
I suppose it could have been 4-3-3 (doubt it was 4-2-4)

Jackson

Mulligan (2)
Bell
Blyth
Taylor, T

Phillip
Payne
Cooke

Hughes
Whittle (debut) (1)
Rogers (2)

Don't really recall the actual formation. I'm old and was brought up on the old W-formation (2-3-5)