Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Dirty Northeners Ultimate Fighting Thread

Any fans of MMA on here? I thought id get a thread going for us to discuss Ultimate Fighting, Pride etc if theres anyone that wants to join me. Did anyone see the Ultimate Fighter that was on Bravo recently?
Old 06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Re: Dirty Northeners Ultimate Fighting Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
Any fans of MMA on here? I thought id get a thread going for us to discuss Ultimate Fighting, Pride etc if theres anyone that wants to join me. Did anyone see the Ultimate Fighter that was on Bravo recently?
I've watched PRIDE for years. Saw the New Year's Eve show. Was above average, but the Bushido Tournament show from a couple of months ago was fantastic.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:03 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't really watch any MMA but I do keep up with it somewhat just because I'm a Dave Meltzer mark.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:28 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'v only been watching more than the odd match for the past year or so, mainly Pride.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Re: Re: Dirty Northeners Ultimate Fighting Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
I've watched PRIDE for years. Saw the New Year's Eve show. Was above average, but the Bushido Tournament show from a couple of months ago was fantastic.
Havent seen the New Years eve show yet, as we dont get the events over here, i have to get them on DVD. Have seen Bushido 9 that you mentioned from a couple of months ago, was fantastic. Dan Henderson is my favourite fighter so it was good to see him doing well!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:46 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Men and Motors have been showing the odd Pride show around midnight on Wendsays and Saturday in the last couple of months although normally a few months after the event.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
Men and Motors have been showing the odd Pride show around midnight on Wendsays and Saturday in the last couple of months although normally a few months after the event.
Thanks for that, used to watch it on a Wednsday but then they stopped showing it, probably because they moved it to a Saturday
Old 07-01-2006, 11:05 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guy I know does that cage-fighting stuff, is that what you mean?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
Guy I know does that cage-fighting stuff, is that what you mean?
Yep
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 AM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah, ok. He used to fight up at Milton Keynes. Put bets on himself to win

Used to come back bruised to feck after!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:27 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
I ocassionally watched K1 a year or two back, and have seen Pride and 'Rage in a Cage' a few times aswell.
I watched the whole of the 'Ultimate Fighter 2' over the course of a couple of weeks at the end of last year - that was entertaining.
If it's on I will usually watch it, but the UFC seems a bit too gimmicky for my liking - the 'Octagon', and fighters calling out to other fighters at ringside, it'll end up like the WWF before you know it.

I do like to watch a good bust up though.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that, used to watch it on a Wednsday but then they stopped showing it, probably because they moved it to a Saturday
They've not shown any for the past few weeks, I expect there on a delayed contract as they've only had 3 shows from the first half of 2005 so far, Pride 29, total elimination 2005 and critcal councdown 2005.

As to Ring/Cage I preffer the former myself as even though the latter does prevent people falling out the ring it seems to lead to more fights ending up on the ground as you can trap someone agenst it. It does also look a little gimmicky I agree and brings up negative associations to sleazy bloodsport cagefighting.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:18 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There seems to be an awful lot of MMA on Eurosport nowadays...

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
There seems to be an awful lot of MMA on Eurosport nowadays...
I'v watched the odd Shooto match there, the Bushido program is UWFi from the 90's though I.E. pro wrestling(the best you can see on SKY IMHO) done in a very realistic style with Takada as the star and the likes of Sakuraba and Tamura on the undercard.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:15 AM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
I've had a bit of an illness with this for a while.

Pride and Bushido are top quality. Fedor Emelianenko is the daddy.

The old UFC's were good but it's now become a bit of a gameshow (Ultimate Fighter), and all the best fighters have switched to the above mentioned.

I've got a load of old Brazilian DVD's of Vale Tudo bouts. These are the most savage and bloody I've seen. There are basically no rules, clueless ref's and 1/2hr rounds. Blinding.

I'm very disappointed that we get no live coverage here. I've seen the Pride GP 2005 but I think there's another 3 events only been shoen on Japanese and US pay per view.

Getting snides off Ebay seems to be the only way to see the decent stuff here. Watch Bravo for any length oftime and it'll start repeating.

Russian no-holds barred is worth a look.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
They've not shown any for the past few weeks, I expect there on a delayed contract as they've only had 3 shows from the first half of 2005 so far, Pride 29, total elimination 2005 and critcal councdown 2005.

As to Ring/Cage I preffer the former myself as even though the latter does prevent people falling out the ring it seems to lead to more fights ending up on the ground as you can trap someone agenst it. It does also look a little gimmicky I agree and brings up negative associations to sleazy bloodsport cagefighting.
I fully agree about liking the ring better than the cage. I also prefer Pride to UFC. I think UFC had a dip in quality of matches after UFC 40 or so. They have this annoying habit of letting people go after a couple of losses and i think it makes people fight negatively as they dont want to lose.

I think now UFC had brought back BJ Penn and Tito Ortiz (all promotions need a good villain) and have guys like St Pierre coming through, the future is bright.

Itll never catch up with Pride though as they have deeper pockets than UFC due to it being more popular over there.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I fully agree about liking the ring better than the cage. I also prefer Pride to UFC. I think UFC had a dip in quality of matches after UFC 40 or so. They have this annoying habit of letting people go after a couple of losses and i think it makes people fight negatively as they dont want to lose.

I think now UFC had brought back BJ Penn and Tito Ortiz (all promotions need a good villain) and have guys like St Pierre coming through, the future is bright.

Itll never catch up with Pride though as they have deeper pockets than UFC due to it being more popular over there.
MMA in general seems to have much more mainstream appeal than it does in the US so thats not really supprizing I spose, the Japanese seem to take to non native fighters better aswell.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I enjoy watching a bit of UFC, always find it entertaining.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 09-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Does anyone want to be kept spoiler free for Prides new year's eve show or can we discuss results from that?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Dan Henderson is my favourite fighter so it was good to see him doing well!
I like 'Decision' Dan too.

Quote:
BJ vs St Pierre in March, I can't wait. It could be fight of the year. Although I generally prefer Pride, the UFC has got an amazing ww division.