Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
Looks like you were right about Randy, he didnt ever really look that confident even if a slip ultimately cost him the match, I'd guess Chuck/Babalu II will happen sometimes this year now.
Your right about Randy not looking like his normal self, but its a shame he slipped before getting knocked out as it adds a what if factor to the fight when it would have been nice to get a firm conclusion to the trilogy. With regards to Babalu vs Liddell it doesnt excite me at all. Theres something about Babalu that I dont find exciting, it could be his lack of charisma but i'm just not excited about that fight. I cant believe what happened with Mir either, do you think they matched him up too tough to start with? I hope we see Nick Diaz again too, I know how UFC can drop people when they lose a couple of times but I rate him highly.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
Your right about Randy not looking like his normal self, but its a shame he slipped before getting knocked out as it adds a what if factor to the fight when it would have been nice to get a firm conclusion to the trilogy. With regards to Babalu vs Liddell it doesnt excite me at all. Theres something about Babalu that I dont find exciting, it could be his lack of charisma but i'm just not excited about that fight. I cant believe what happened with Mir either, do you think they matched him up too tough to start with? I hope we see Nick Diaz again too, I know how UFC can drop people when they lose a couple of times but I rate him highly.
Babalu's got to be one of the scariest looking guys in MMA, maybe not the most interesting ever but certainly not a lay and pray fighter.

He might be in the same postion as Randy though, I get the feeling that Chuck has perfected the art of keeping the ground speicalist at arms lenght while looking for the knockout punch. Crocop was in the same postion in Japan and other than big Nog(who had to weather blows that would have beaten most other fighters) it took guys who could stand with him and give him something to think about other than looking for the counter punch to beat him.

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 09-02-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
I get the feeling that Chuck has perfected the art of keeping the ground speicalist at arms lenght while looking for the knockout punch. Crocop was in the same postion in Japan and other than big Nog(who had to weather blows that would have beaten most other fighters) it took guys who could stand with him and give him something to think about other than looking for the counter punch to beat him.
I think your right on the money with that, who in Liddell's weight range do you think could beat him in the world???
Old 09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think your right on the money with that, who in Liddell's weight range do you think could beat him in the world???
Quinton Jackson. (And Silva and Rua, obviously) But this is Rampage's last fight on his current Pride contract. He has said that he's considering returning to Pride or going to UFC. All dependant on whether he wants to go for the gold, or the "gold".
Old 09-02-2006, 03:09 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd guess Jackson could earn alot in the UFC aswell from endosments given their relative lack of black american fighters. Probabley a wise move aswell since his only weakness seems to be Chute Boxe fighters and theres nobody who really pushes the fight as hard as they do in the UFC.
Old 13-02-2006, 11:45 AM

Jerome Lebanner called out Tim Sylvia for either a K1 or UFC match a few days ago resulting in each of them slagging the other off over the net, what does everyone think are the chances of this actually happening and if so to what result?

I don't see the UFC letting Sylvia fight in K1 even if he wanted to as its pretty obvious he would get massacred there. I wouldnt be supprized if this was a work to build up interest in a UFC fight though espeically as Lebanner is sponsered by Xyience. I'v only seen one Lebanner MMA match and he did look to have some kind of ground game so I'd guess he would have a decent chance in the cage aswell.
Old 15-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Jerome Lebanner called out Tim Sylvia for either a K1 or UFC match a few days ago resulting in each of them slagging the other off over the net, what does everyone think are the chances of this actually happening and if so to what result?
Seen Lebanner a few times and he would walk that fight under any rules. Did you see Tim Sylvia lost control of his bowels during the last fight he had with Silva and soiled himslef during the match. First time ive ever heard of that happening.
Old 15-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Seen Lebanner a few times and he would walk that fight under any rules. Did you see Tim Sylvia lost control of his bowels during the last fight he had with Silva and soiled himslef during the match. First time ive ever heard of that happening.
Kevin Nash came to do an interview at the Georgia Tech radio station one time when I worked there. He told a story of having a match with Sid Vicious, where Sid shit himself early in the match. They had to take the match behind the curtain. They ran another match while Sid got changed, then Nash and Sid came back from behind the curtain fighting.

Well, K1 and UFC are in an agreement over Gracie fighting Hughes, so its not inconceivable to imagine that something is cooking here. I suppose the stip in this match would be the first person to break their arm loses.
Old 15-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
Kevin Nash came to do an interview at the Georgia Tech radio station one time when I worked there. He told a story of having a match with Sid Vicious, where Sid shit himself early in the match. They had to take the match behind the curtain. They ran another match while Sid got changed, then Nash and Sid came back from behind the curtain fighting.
I love it, what a story! Didnt know you knew about wrestling as well, basketball, mma and wrestling, you are a person of good taste

Oh and Sid Vicious was the man!
Old 16-02-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I love it, what a story! Didnt know you knew about wrestling as well, basketball, mma and wrestling, you are a person of good taste

Oh and Sid Vicious was the man!
The Man with the most dodgy stories surounding him anyway...

"Back in WCW, Sid had a pet squirrel that he always traveled with. One wrestler bet Sid that he couldn't keep the squirrel in his pants for 60 seconds, in a version of the old sport, "ferret legging." The squirrel bit the hell out of Sid's legs and finally, Sid couldn't handle it any more, and he fell over, squishing the squirrel. Ever since then, Sid has lovingly been called "King of the Squirrels" by his e-fans. "

Tim Sylvia would certainly be a good match for Lebanner since I can't see him trying to take it to the ground much. Might the UFC and K1 working together also bring the specter of Sappomania running wild in the US a little closer?
Old 16-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
The Man with the most dodgy stories surounding him anyway...

"Back in WCW, Sid had a pet squirrel that he always traveled with. One wrestler bet Sid that he couldn't keep the squirrel in his pants for 60 seconds, in a version of the old sport, "ferret legging." The squirrel bit the hell out of Sid's legs and finally, Sid couldn't handle it any more, and he fell over, squishing the squirrel. Ever since then, Sid has lovingly been called "King of the Squirrels" by his e-fans. "
I havent heard that one either, what a superb story!
Old 16-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Didn't Kevin Randleman do it once?

Anyway, I've just watched the Genki Sudo V Kid fight and I'm still pissing myself over Genki's entrance:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Genki has to be the most entertaining fighter:

Old 16-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
Didn't Kevin Randleman do it once?

Anyway, I've just watched the Genki Sudo V Kid fight and I'm still pissing myself over Genki's entrance:

Genki has to be the most entertaining fighter:

He has some good ones, I was in Japan on New Year's one time when he fought Butterbean. He came out as Rick Vaughn from "Major League", complete with "Wild Thing" music. Then tapped Butterbean in less than 2 minutes. He had some good entrances in UFC, too, back when they were really junk.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 16-02-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 16-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter

Cool, hadn't seen that.
Old 25-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Panty Organizer

Here are my Pride 31 picks:

Pedro Rizzo vs. Roman Zentsov- Rizzo via pummelling R1
Rampage Jackson vs. Yoon Dong Sik- Rampage via pummeling R1
Jon Olav Einemo vs. Fabricio Werdum- Einemo via decision
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka vs. Mario Sperry- Sperry via decision
Sergei Kharitonov vs. Alistair Overeem- Kharitonov via pummeling R2
Josh Barnett vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura- Barnett via twisting R2
Rodrigo Minotauro vs. Kiyoshi Tamura- Nogueira via pummeling R1
Mauricio Shogun vs. Mark Coleman- Shogun via twisting R1
Mark Hunt vs. Yosuke Nishijima- Hunt via pummelling R1

Rampage, Noguiera and Hunt are the slam dunks, so they are really short odds. Even parlayed together. Went with Einemo (+158) and Sperry (-170) as my biggest odds. That Sperry/Kohsaka might have been a good match 6 years ago, but now it might just be a rolling-around contest. I'm interested to see what Einemo does, he has a good reputation From Abu Dhabi, but hasn't amassed much time in the MMA ring.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 25-02-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 25-02-2006, 11:44 PM

I'd probabley go for the same, I thought the weight difference might give Coleman a chance to smother Shogun to a decision but he was actually the lighter of the two in the weigh in. Overeem/Kharitonov has the potential to be the best fight if you ask me, Segei would definately be the the favourite but I think Alister might benefit from moving up in weight. However skinning he is at 6"5 he must have had to cut alot to reach 205 in the past and I wonder how much thats contributed to him gassing after a good start(verus Chuck and Shogun for example).
Old 26-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
I'd probabley go for the same, I thought the weight difference might give Coleman a chance to smother Shogun to a decision but he was actually the lighter of the two in the weigh in. Overeem/Kharitonov has the potential to be the best fight if you ask me, Segei would definately be the the favourite but I think Alister might benefit from moving up in weight. However skinning he is at 6"5 he must have had to cut alot to reach 205 in the past and I wonder how much thats contributed to him gassing after a good start(verus Chuck and Shogun for example).
Coleman did look good in this sparring footage I saw, but realistically he hasn't truly dominated anybody physically since his salad days in the UFC in the 90s. He had an easy road to the original Pride Grand Prix crown. Then got exposed by Nogiuera and hasn't been the same since. Even if Rua came in 20 pounds lighter than Coleman, he would still have too much for him. Rua is just such a madman, reminiscent of a younger Silva.

Kharitonov I think just has too much for Overeem. I don't think he'll want to stand too long with Overeem, so it might turn out similar to the Kharitonov/Schilt fight. Even though Overeem is better than Schilt on the ground, Sergei will just have too much for him there.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 26-02-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 26-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Panty Organizer

Pride 31 spoilers:

Roman Zentsov KO'd Pedro Rizzo 25 seconds into Round 1 with a counter left hook.
Quentin Jackson won a unanimous decision over Yoon Dong Sik.
Fabricio Wredum defeated Jon Olav Einemo by unanimous decision.
Tsuyoshi Kosaka TKOs Ze Mario Sperry in round 1.
Alistair Overeem TKOs Sergey Kharitonov in round 1 with knees.
Josh Barnett defeated Nakamura with a rear naked choke late in round 1.
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira armbarred Kiyoshi Tamura in round 1.
Mark Coleman defeats Shogun after Shogun broke his arm when he fell early in the fight.
Mark Hunt TKOs Yusuke Nishijima in round 3 with a punch combo.
Old 27-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Funk Butter
Alistair Overeem TKOs Sergey Kharitonov in round 1 with knees

Old 27-02-2006, 08:54 AM

Shoguns injury looked nasty from the gif I saw, pretty routine leg takedown by Coleman but somehow while trying to break his fall Shogun's elbow badly twisted to the side. There was chaos after that aswell with Coleman pushing the ref away when he stepped in to stop it then Silva and Baroni getting into the ring with blows suposidly exchanged.

At least Pride seem to have found themselves a new top level heavyweight in Overeem. Will be interesting to see the match as like I said I think it was only his lack of condictioning that held him back at 205 and surely having to cut as much weight as he did at that level had to have an effect on that.

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 27-02-2006 at 12:47 PM.