Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'll go with 1979/80 season.I think I paid about 40 for a season ticket in the "New Stand" that year, so that would have been later than this cutting which shows below 30.

Plus it would appear there were seats in the lower Arthur... not sure when that happened.
Not sure there were seats in the lower Arthur then but the year of the article was 1978
Old 27-11-2017, 12:32 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Well done Sherlock!
But apparently wrong!
Old 27-11-2017, 11:55 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I reasoned that it was under a Labour government and in the 1970s. The Jubilee thing was just a hunch, a piece of self-indulgence really. I could quite easily (and I did afterwards) have googled the years to find which was closest to 10% inflation but that wouldn't have been in the spirit of the game, so I desisted. By the way, when I did google it, it did indeed appear to be the year of my birth, which is 1978.

You lot are just bitter because you lived through these years and yet still couldn't work it out.

Brilliant game, by the way.
Old 28-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
I reasoned that it was under a Labour government and in the 1970s. The Jubilee thing was just a hunch, a piece of self-indulgence really. I could quite easily (and I did afterwards) have googled the years to find which was closest to 10% inflation but that wouldn't have been in the spirit of the game, so I desisted. By the way, when I did google it, it did indeed appear to be the year of my birth, which is 1978.

You lot are just bitter because you lived through these years and yet still couldn't work it out.

Brilliant game, by the way.
Glad you enjoyed it - my dad kept a cuttings scrapbook from when he was a child. It's full of pre-war Palace reports / results / tables if I remember correctly so I must dig it out sometime.