Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Britain
Mick was at the Derby (A) game this year where he kept up his record of not seeing Palace win, for about 15 years now...Short a**ed ct !
I played football as a lad in Thornton Heath rec with Micky and Patrick. Derby was the only away game I went to this year, and I thought I'd seen Mick whilst I was there.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
In the 70’s there was a group of guys that I used to see at every Palace game I ever went to. One guy that used to stick out was a short stocky black guy with a huge afro. For some reason I think they came from Addington.

Never really spoke to the guy, but we used to just kind of nod when passing.

There is actually a picture of them in the “We all follow Palace” book on page 201 on some European tour.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
In the 70’s there was a group of guys that I used to see at every Palace game I ever went to. One guy that used to stick out was a short stocky black guy with a huge afro. For some reason I think they came from Addington.

Never really spoke to the guy, but we used to just kind of nod when passing.

There is actually a picture of them in the “We all follow Palace” book on page 201 on some European tour.

That was Wiz.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
That was Wiz.
That sounds familiar now you mention it.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:42 AM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
did he go by the nickname of Simmo as I think he might have knocked around with my brother
Not that I recall,although i suppose some people may have. He used to knock around with Johnny Miles, Lionel,Reg, Bill Blowers and a host of other Pissheads
Old 12-06-2006, 06:03 AM
palace through and throug

gmo2001 is playing for a contract
wiz is in prison and sadly john vine passed away a few years ago
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gcwhite
I remember him. Bit of a nutter.
If that is "Thug Ian" or "Thuggie" He was living in Hong Kong the last I heard..Met him at the Sheff Unt play off final and lost a bet to him as to who had come the furthest..I had come from Detroit & he from HK.

Was a guest of the West Midlands Gestapo with him when he psd out of the cell key hole
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 12-06-2006, 12:09 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
If that is "Thug Ian" or "Thuggie" He was living in Hong Kong the last I heard..Met him at the Sheff Unt play off final and lost a bet to him as to who had come the furthest..I had come from Detroit & he from HK.

Was a guest of the West Midlands Gestapo with him when he psd out of the cell key hole
Doesn't sound like the same one to me
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Anyone remember Pete and Phil Stewart from New Addington, Dave and Tony Soar, Dave Allen (Alf), smooth Chris, Mark (RF) Hutton and others who frequented the Telegraph and the Fountain in the dim and distant past?
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Anyone remember Pete and Phil Stewart from New Addington, Dave and Tony Soar, Dave Allen (Alf), smooth Chris, Mark (RF) Hutton and others who frequented the Telegraph and the Fountain in the dim and distant past?
"Long haired Phil" still goes, sits in block L. Smooth Chris we refer to as "Sensible Chris". He still goes to the away games. Bumped into him in the Sparrowhawk Hotel in Burnley last season.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Kitler

Quote:
That was the incident when I came to the nick to see what was happening, was told they had let you out some time earlier and nearly got nicked myself for D&D !!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
That was the incident when I came to the nick to see what was happening, was told they had let you out some time earlier and nearly got nicked myself for D&D !!
As completely innocent members of the public Thirsty & I were released without charge
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gmo2001
wiz is in prison.
Hope it wasn't for anything serious, remember him as been a good lad, always up for a laugh.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Henfield Eagle
Not that I recall,although i suppose some people may have. He used to knock around with Johnny Miles, Lionel,Reg, Bill Blowers and a host of other Pissheads
I remember Johnny Miles. For some reason he and Ian Simmonds took exception to me and my mate when we were in Croydon celebrating after the Fulham game in 1969. It got quite unpleasant at one point.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:22 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally posted by budgie
Hope it wasn't for anything serious, remember him as been a good lad, always up for a laugh.
Dito. I'm pretty sure he used to go to Croydon Tech while I was going there on Day Release. (From work not Prison! )
Old 12-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Archiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
That was Wiz.
..and Stan Mann I think...
Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Stone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I remember Johnny Miles. For some reason he and Ian Simmonds took exception to me and my mate when we were in Croydon celebrating after the Fulham game in 1969. It got quite unpleasant at one point.
I rememember Lionel as I am him, Ian simmons lives in Holland and has done so for many years I havn't seen Johnny Miles for years the last time I saw Chris Oakins he was working as a courier for Mayday dispatch Bill Blowers sits in the lower holmsdale with Dennie Warren I think Johnny Vine still drinks in the Clifton before games
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 PM

Stone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gmo2001
wiz is in prison and sadly john vine passed away a few years ago
Crikey I never new John died the last time I saw him was in the Clifton sorry to here that.
Old 13-06-2006, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Eagle
I rememember Lionel as I am him, Ian simmons lives in Holland and has done so for many years I havn't seen Johnny Miles for years the last time I saw Chris Oakins he was working as a courier for Mayday dispatch Bill Blowers sits in the lower holmsdale with Dennie Warren I think Johnny Vine still drinks in the Clifton before games
Hi Lionel I'm back in a couple of weeks,check your pm's
Old 13-06-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Blimey! I Think Iwas there that night,but it is a bit of a blur