Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 13-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Eagle
I rememember Lionel as I am him
I am now expecting a post from Johhny Miles saying that, 37 years on, he still doesn't like me.
Old 13-06-2006, 09:29 AM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gcwhite
I am now expecting a post from Johhny Miles saying that, 37 years on, he still doesn't like me.
Old 14-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
In the 70’s there was a group of guys that I used to see at every Palace game I ever went to. One guy that used to stick out was a short stocky black guy with a huge afro. For some reason I think they came from Addington.

Never really spoke to the guy, but we used to just kind of nod when passing.

There is actually a picture of them in the “We all follow Palace” book on page 201 on some European tour.
Somewhere on the internet is a great picture of a packed Holmesdale taken from the Main Stand at the start of the Burnley 1979 game.
In that picture Jim Cannon is looking at said wiz kid with giant afro who has just run onto the pitch.

I've tried to find this picture again, but so far with no luck.
Old 15-06-2006, 06:01 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
Somewhere on the internet is a great picture of a packed Holmesdale taken from the Main Stand at the start of the Burnley 1979 game.
In that picture Jim Cannon is looking at said wiz kid with giant afro who has just run onto the pitch.

I've tried to find this picture again, but so far with no luck.

Afraid not. It's Tony Sealey.

Wiz was unavailable for selection that night
Old 15-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by cad
Afraid not. It's Tony Sealey.

Wiz was unavailable for selection that night
LOL - it looks like a fan running on.

Have you got a link to the picture?
Old 16-06-2006, 06:29 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
LOL - it looks like a fan running on.

Have you got a link to the picture?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
On the subject of Wiz, and I mentioned this story to Don for the new book, he once gave the team talk on the pitch at the Peterborough league cup debacle when Mullery was sulking in the dressing room !!
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 16-06-2006, 08:39 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
On the subject of Wiz, and I mentioned this story to Don for the new book, he once gave the team talk on the pitch at the Peterborough league cup debacle when Mullery was sulking in the dressing room !!
Another gem.

P Don advises me that our interview lasted some 2.5 hours
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 16-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Another gem.

P Don advises me that our interview lasted some 2.5 hours
That was probably due to excessive slurring on my part as the day wore on.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 17-06-2006, 05:12 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I know most of the people mentioned here.
Wiz (Simon Wisdom went to school at the same time as me at Kelsey Park, Phil and Pete Stewart, Smooth , Tony (psyco) and Carol Soar were all friends of mine back from the old coach 3 days.

Chris Oakins was said to have been arrested in a Gents public toilets in Coulsdon with a "friend" and became an Arsenal fan.
Old 17-06-2006, 08:07 AM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Madden
I know most of the people mentioned here.
Wiz (Simon Wisdom went to school at the same time as me at Kelsey Park, Phil and Pete Stewart, Smooth , Tony (psyco) and Carol Soar were all friends of mine back from the old coach 3 days.

Chris Oakins was said to have been arrested in a Gents public toilets in Coulsdon with a "friend" and became an Arsenal fan.
HMM! What years did you travel coach 3?
Old 17-06-2006, 08:20 AM

Chappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the club
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
In the 70’s there was a group of guys that I used to see at every Palace game I ever went to. One guy that used to stick out was a short stocky black guy with a huge afro. For some reason I think they came from Addington.

Never really spoke to the guy, but we used to just kind of nod when passing.

There is actually a picture of them in the “We all follow Palace” book on page 201 on some European tour.

Thats my uncle, he is currently doing another stretch in prison, One of the biggest palace fans i known, he is the one who created and helped nurture my love for palace..
Old 17-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Soup is good food.

Quote:
Originally posted by cad
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks mate!
What a fantasic picture.

Old 17-06-2006, 08:26 AM

Chappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the clubChappell would interact with the fans were they to buy the club
If you put whiz into the BBS gallery you will find a picture of my uncle at the play off's against west ham, he went back inside after that unfortunatly. Should be out next year.
Old 17-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Soup is good food.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chappell
Thats my uncle, he is currently doing another stretch in prison, One of the biggest palace fans i known, he is the one who created and helped nurture my love for palace..
I remember your Uncle very well, he certainly was a 'face' around the place in the 70's.
I never really spoke to him, but there's no doubt he was a 'Palace nut'.

Last edited by celery stick; 17-06-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 18-06-2006, 07:29 AM

Hadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldHadham Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Good thread this one, seeing some of the names here brings back a few memories.

Anyone here remember Mick Huckstep? who was an old schoolmate of mine. He was from New Addington and often used to hang around with the other Addington blokes in the Holmesdale.
Old 19-06-2006, 05:54 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Henfield Eagle
HMM! What years did you travel coach 3?
From 1972/3 untill the the train specials started.
Old 19-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I Was a regular on Coach 3 as well, In fact I may be remembered in as much after a Southampton away game around 72, We found on our return that South London, had had a Blizzard, and everything was iced up. So what you may all say.. Well upon alighting Coach 3, I slipped over on the Ice and Broke my Arm.

Those Motorway stops used to be damn exciting
Old 19-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Hadham Eagle
Good thread this one, seeing some of the names here brings back a few memories.

Anyone here remember Mick Huckstep? who was an old schoolmate of mine. He was from New Addington and often used to hang around with the other Addington blokes in the Holmesdale.
Probably know him by sight, The only name on here that I really recognise would be Alf. He used to accompany us in our away trips by car on the odd occasion, After BG, got banned from the Trains.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
AH, Iwas late 60's Vintage