Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-06-2006, 07:48 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Can I throw some more Addington names into the mix:

Barry Hapgood, Keith n' Chris Diplock, the McCarthy brothers, John McDaid and Paul Rees.

Ain't got clue who they are but one of the girls at work Janet (maiden name Thorn) knew them as real regulars back in the 70's.
Old 21-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Bopo Magombie?
Old 22-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Barry Hapgood, Keith n' Chris Diplock, the McCarthy brothers, John McDaid and Paul Rees
I knew the Diplocks and John McDaid was one of Paul Hinshelwoods best mates at the time. He was smallish with ginger hair - lived on the New Estate (as it was always known). The Diplocks I think lived in Claygate Crescent.

I don't remember them as ardent Palace fans - I think they probably went along because of their connection with Paul
Old 08-07-2006, 02:28 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bump. Going out tonight to a "reunion" may have some updates tomorrow
Old 08-07-2006, 02:35 PM

Stone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Henfield Eagle
Bump. Going out tonight to a "reunion" may have some updates tomorrow
Hi Pete see you there
Old 08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Out Here In The Fields

petertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bloke named Piggy Benwell. Regularly in the Homesdale late 70's early 80's. Came from Caterham, longish blond hair and quite a character. Gave me a ham sandwich on some away excursion.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 PM
blues brother

rattlehead is playing for a contract
Quote:
Saw Pete Stewart from a distance last year,remember the Soars and Alf(he was the guy that went out with Carol Baird(palace Dolly Fame) There was a blonde bloke Rick that used to knock around with that crowd. Blimey seems so long ago.
i worked with tony soar afew years back and drank with him afew times in pawsons rd (the lion i think) nice bloke, he was married to Carol by then.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:45 AM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
FAN ••••IN TASTIC
Quote:
Originally posted by rattlehead
i worked with tony soar afew years back and drank with him afew times in pawsons rd (the lion i think) nice bloke, he was married to Carol by then.
Was with Carol and Titch tonight at Denny's 60th
What a night Saw loads of People I haven't seen for 10/20/30 years FAN -UCKIN TASTIC
Old 10-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
FAN ••••IN TASTIC Was with Carol and Titch tonight at Denny's 60th
What a night Saw loads of People I haven't seen for 10/20/30 years FAN -UCKIN TASTIC
B0ll0cks, forgot all about that.

Is Tony's hair still halfway down his back ?
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:01 AM

None on his head,just down his back
Old 10-07-2006, 03:15 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A couple of photos from the old Wilton Arms early 90's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wilton arms 1.jpg (407.7 KB, 507 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wilton Arms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wilton arms 2.jpg (410.8 KB, 397 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 03:27 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
On the subject of Wiz, and I mentioned this story to Don for the new book, he once gave the team talk on the pitch at the Peterborough league cup debacle when Mullery was sulking in the dressing room !!

I'd forgotton about that!!

I guess his talk wasn't that effective......we lost 3-0.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:15 PM

buzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in facultybuzzby is noble in reason and infinite in faculty
Quote:
Originally posted by moverman
A couple of photos from the old Wilton Arms early 90's
The first one from Right to left is Mark, we both used to work for BR, he now works at the Palace, third along from right with long Mullett looks like Barry who used to live Bermondsey way, i seem to remember he copped i knife in the gut V tooting & Mitcham in the FA cup, loads of bovver that day. Any one remember Paddy (Dave) who has lived in NI over the last few years, his younger brother Paul still goes and drinks in the Clifton.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Chappell
If you put whiz into the BBS gallery you will find a picture of my uncle at the play off's against west ham, he went back inside after that unfortunatly. Should be out next year.
Oh bugger, sad to hear he has gone down again. Can I pass on my regards I used to hang around a lot with Wiz after he;d moved down to the south coast. Hope he is okay. I used to be known then as Simon or Walshie on account of my naff paul walsh hair cut.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by petertaylor11
Bloke named Piggy Benwell. Regularly in the Homesdale late 70's early 80's. Came from Caterham, longish blond hair and quite a character. Gave me a ham sandwich on some away excursion.
He still lives in Caterham.I worked with his brother for years and apparently he was the bright one
A fine example of why cousins should not marry.

Twinned with MK Dons

Zaha when asked in front of hundreds of people in Croydon boxpark: “On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate Brighton?”..

Zaha: “11”.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:44 PM

Brixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Wiz used to be are mini van driver in the late eighties,that is until his arrest.Did'nt know he was in prison again though.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Brixton Exile
Wiz used to be are mini van driver in the late eighties,that is until his arrest.Did'nt know he was in prison again though.
I believe that his driving expertise is why he is inside again.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buzzby
The first one from Right to left is Mark, we both used to work for BR, he now works at the Palace, third along from right with long Mullett looks like Barry who used to live Bermondsey way, i seem to remember he copped i knife in the gut V tooting & Mitcham in the FA cup, loads of bovver that day. Any one remember Paddy (Dave) who has lived in NI over the last few years, his younger brother Paul still goes and drinks in the Clifton.
Some old faces in the photos include:

Peter Hale, Joey Hale, Richard Smalley, Mark Smalley, Eddy Morais, Mark Goldfinch, Micky Bright, Big Lawrence and me.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:13 PM

Brixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBrixton Exile has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
I often wondered why he'd tear up and down the motorway bobbing in and out of lanes at great speed until i found out what he went inside for. I think human guinea pigs comes to mind.