Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-07-2006, 04:37 PM

david4444 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by SpikeyMatt
Do you watch football with your eyes open?
Well obviously, but all he does is play the ball sideways and backwards, he doesn't create anything inventive, he is such a boring player it's unbelievable. Wow he scored us a few goals but in my eyes he was rubbish.
Old 17-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's what defensive midfielders do.

They're there to do the boring jobs that no-one else wants to do. Nothing over complicated, just a simple pass forward, sideways or backwards to let the more creative sparks to make chances, and Aki did it effectively for us.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 17-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by david4444
Well obviously, but all he does is play the ball sideways and backwards, he doesn't create anything inventive, he is such a boring player it's unbelievable. Wow he scored us a few goals but in my eyes he was rubbish.
Quite clearly you didn't watch him properly.

He played with a passion and more commitment then any player has at Palace for a long time! AJ might have put a lot of effort in put Aki played with heart!

He ran everywhere, battled and scored some excellent goals.

He has been a brilliant servant to the club and in my eyes one of my favourite players I have watched at Selhurst. I won't forget him nor will or should most Palace fans.

Not only that but was the most top footballer you could hope to meet off the pitch. Never met anyone like him! A true gent and a real loss for Selhurst next season!
Old 18-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
Good luck Aki. Gutted he's gone.

I might have to venture to Germany, after toying with the idea last season, to see him play.
could be worth a bbs trip Germany was great fun for the world cup so can recommend it!
Old 18-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I definately plan on a trip to Kaiserslautern myself!
Old 19-07-2006, 07:08 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
hope he goes well.
Old 19-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
How easy is it to get there?
Old 19-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Easy. Ryanair to Hahn, although the nearest airport (except Lautern itself) doesn't have great links but still only a couple of hours. Easier way is Ryanair to Karlsruhe then an hour or so. Piece of pish really.
Old 19-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Aki must be getting fitter as he played the whole 90 minutes for the first time for FCK.
The kick off had to be delayed for this friendly as nearly 6500 fans turned up.

FSV Oggersheim - 1. FC Kaiserslautern 1:3 (1: 1)

FCK: Macho (46. Fromlowitz) - Gaebler (46. Demai), Bouzid, Ouattara (46. Mueller), Bohl - Riihilathi, Reinert (46. Lexa), Villar (46. Hajnal), Halfar (46. Simpson) - Sanogo, Ziemer

Gates: 1:0 Esch (38.), 1:1 Villar (44.), 1:2 Hajnal (49.), 1:3 Sanogo (72.)

Arbitrator: Alexander Schlutius (Lingenfeld)

Spectator: 6490

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 23-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Another win for FCK & another half for Aki.

1. FC Kaiserslautern - national team Bahrain 2:0 (1: 0)

FCK: Fromlowitz (46. Macho) - Gaebler, Bouzid (46. Ouattara), beautiful home, Bellinghausen (46. Simpson) - Mueller (46. Hajnal), Riihilahti (46. Demai) - Riera (46. Reinert), Villar, Halfar (46. Ziemer) - Sanogo (46. Daham)

Gates: 1:0 Sanogo (33.), 2:0 Ziemer (51.)

Arbitrator: Dingert (Thalichtenberg)

Spectator: 3210

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 23-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who the ēēēē is this beautiful home character????
Old 24-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Who the ēēēē is this beautiful home character????
Fabian Beautiful-home:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-07-2006, 08:07 AM

Nork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bet he lives in a shithole though.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 24-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by david4444
Most of you can't honestly think Riihilahti was a great player. He is an average player who i think is only good enough to be in a League 1 team. He didn't offer anything to the team at all, and he was a very boring player to watch.
When we went into the Premiership Aki surprised me. He really raised his game and ran our midfield at times.
Old 29-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Aki starting vs Liverpool on Eurosport now.....
Old 29-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Millsie02

Cheers got it on now!
Old 29-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quiet start today but good to see him playing!

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 29-07-2006, 05:44 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
When we went into the Premiership Aki surprised me. He really raised his game and ran our midfield at times.
Exactly and as for aki not being able to supply forward passes, what about the killer pass to aj at vile park a few years ago . Had it been gerrard people would still be talking bout it
Old 29-07-2006, 09:59 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched this down the pub. 'Twas good to see Aki out there, but I was more impressed with the stadium.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:44 PM
LL12 Eagle

mouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trend
this is from the Aki website,

Hard to say goodbye

And they lived happily ever after. You know the standard ending. Liverpool winning the FA Cup final. Thierry Henry being the top scorer again. James Bond getting the girl in the end. Some endings are just written in stars. Some endings create stars. The society was not built on to emphasis beginnings, weíre defined and remembered how something finished.

I pictured myself in Cardiff, on the podium celebrating in the sea of red and blue another promotion for the club Iíve been privileged to play for over five years. In that moment of complete fulfilment I could have even sang along my tone death version of ďGlad all overĒ. Victorious moment, a mutual thank you Ė have a good summer! That would have been my perfect ending for this season. Instead my great years in Crystal Palace might have ended to a disappointing result, on a grey evening sitting behind the dugout at Vicarage Road kicking a seat in front in despair. Small injuries and failed promotion campaign leaves a bitter taste to what has been done over the years. You donít want to be remembered as bit of a sick note after youíve played 180 games for the club. Or that you didnít achieve the widely expected promotion after the club was almost relegating from the same league when you joined. In the history of sports, though, you are always as good as your last game.

I read a while ago from a tabloid paper that a fan of a Celebrity Big Brother show would have been disappointed if Chantelle didnít end up with Preston and now their marriage being the perfect ending to one of the greatest love stories ever. If something that happens in a reality show can be called perfect ending, greatest love story or disappointment then we have to quickly invent new words to English dictionary. Superlatives and big words have suffered inflation when we started using them next to nonsense. There are many celebrity reality shows, but only some affairs are real. It hit me when just before semi-finalís second leg I came across to a touching letter from one of our supporters.

He described what his playoff match day was going to be like Ė as it had been for years every Saturday. He knew exactly how he was going to act and feel from putting his favourite shirt on to sleeping with it the next night. To support Palace was something that had become part of his existence. He described his intense feelings and emotions on his way to Watford. The unexplainable social and emotional connection with the club, something his wife could never understand. How chants filled his body walking towards the stadium. What it was going to feel like being in away stand getting abused by opponent about the score line. Watching tears in his eyes how the task might be just too big. But how he still was feeling proud for wearing the colours he believed in. And how that love could never die. He was going to be there with his head up singing about pride and passion, no matter what would happen that day. His love affair with the club was not going to be finished by a result, players coming and going, another reality show being created or James Bond being blond all of a sudden. The final whistle was not an ending, it was just a disappointment.

Disappointment is a versatile word. Missing a penalty, overruled lads night to meet missusí relatives, boring starts of columns, all chefs that use celery in foodÖ itís going to hurt you. We like endings to meet our expectations. Otherwise it can get us down for some time. Most things we get over with fairly soon, though. I donít think West Ham supporters are disappointed after their sensational performance in the cup final although they were only a touch away from the trophy. They made already their great ending by overachieving all expectations. However, when everyone who cares about Palace looks the outcome of the season, we are talking about a disappointment we canít just sleep it over. The fan knows he has to spend at least a year and fair amount of money and time to travel to Burnleys and Hulls when it was supposed to be Liverpools and Man Uniteds. He still will, though. His love affair is forever real even with its disappointments.

My biggest disappointment so far was to miss these playoff games. Iím no Rooney by ability or importance to my team, but like the England hero I was also fighting against the clock to recover in time from a small injury. I lost the battle to be fit by few days. It didnít help to wake up every night to ice my leg, travel around the world to see specialists, eat ridiculous foods because they might help me that extra day. Spending 24/7 rehabilitating, training or recovering wasnít enough this time. Was I disappointed that I couldnít go socialising with friends in order to save my feet? Or about postponed barbeques? Not sleeping properly? That all this didnít pay off? Not at all. I was disappointed we didnít achieve our goals and there was nothing I could do about it. I went home from the game thinking it might well be Iím not going to play another time for the team Iíve spent most of my career at and wanted to land to the Premiership. Maybe I donít even see the lads again. Put the red and blue jersey on. Smell the grass of Selhurst Park. Feel the victory in front of Holmesdale End. All I wanted was just to be part of the crucial games. Not that it would have probably made a big difference but it would have made difference to me to at least have a chance to finish the job. Itís not a good ending to a season to sit in the stands. Itís hardly an ending at all. Itís just suddenly over. That is what disappointment is to me.

We canít change the endings but we can change every ending to be a new beginning. Only cure for disappointment is to try again. Harder. Iím looking forward to that. Iím not looking forward watching the playoff finals, though. I envy England, Arsenal, Watford, Leeds and other playoff finalists too much because whoever is still playing games now can still achieve their perfect endings also.

Whoís going to win the promotion? I donít know. There is something about both these teams. My expectations and predictions of finalists were both wrong. The two teams that performed better over two legs deservedly made it to Cardiff and I wish good luck to them. Whoís going to win the Champions League or the World Cup? I donít know that either. For the sake of English football I hope it is Arsenal and England. How is Chantelle-Preston story going to end? I know it wouldnít disappoint me the slightest if I never heard about them again. What happens to that real fan that would have deserved to be there at Cardiff? The spirit of him is creating new beginnings wherever someone wins or loses something. Once upon a timeÖ

Aki