Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cricket; Bumble Fan Club

I am sure that I am not the only one to be enjoying his commentary on the Twenty20 competition this season. Beats the likes of Motson any day. Commentary genius

So I hereby commence the BBS Bumble Fan Club - who's in?
Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is quality, so I am in.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Me....."That's four, start the car!!!"
Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Me....."That's four, start the car!!!"

The way he bangs on about the journey to the ground and the players profiles gets me every time ......
Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
He was on about the Brighton nudist beach last night. Very funny!

I'm in.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Radders
He was on about the Brighton nudist beach last night. Very funny!

I'm in.

I missed that one. Heard him mention that he has never watched Big Brother to which the other commentator (can't recall who it was) said how can you hate the programme when you haven't watched it? Bumble promptly replied that it's not his kind of thing .....

Last edited by jazman; 12-07-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Pitch reports in the undergrowth are always good value.

I'm in the bumble fan club.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love it when a new batsmen comes in and they have his favourite band and stuff on screen

'Snow Patrol? Never heard of em! '
Old 12-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I love it when a new batsmen comes in and they have his favourite band and stuff on screen
And yet he knows who Mob Deep are!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM

shortbutsound is playing for a contract
Count me in!

Cracks me up. I love the conversations he has with players on the pitch, especially when he uses a northern phrase to a lad from the south coast. Genius!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:17 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorry, but I seemed to have missed this completely. Who is this Bumble?

The last Bumble I knew of was a postman who played for the same village cricket team I did, but it can't be him.

Apologies if I'm lowering the tone, but it sounds like a fun thing to be in on.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Mr Wrong

David Lloyd
Old 12-07-2006, 04:20 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
David Lloyd
Ex-England coach no less
Old 13-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The man is hilarious .....

I'm in!
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 13-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bumble = God.

Watched him shoving Aravinda da Silva into the back of his convertible car (forgotten which one now). It was one of the most comedy moments I've ever seen.
Old 13-07-2006, 03:22 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
yup he is funny.
Old 13-07-2006, 03:23 PM

PhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's a legend.

Very amusing, knows his stuff and seems like a genuinely nice chap too.
Old 13-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0
Im in.

But he is no blowers (Henry Blofeld).

The legend that he is.
Old 13-07-2006, 03:36 PM

Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0Arthur Dent is walloping Brighton 5-0
Here is Blowers overview from Wisden.

Wisden overview:

"Often assumed to be as dotty as his trademark bow-tie, Henry Blofeld's quaint obsession with London buses and pigeons has ensured him a place alongside John Arlott and Brian Johnston as the one of the legendary voices of BBC's Test Match Special. For many, especially those listeners who hailed his return to the airwaves in 1994 after a stint at Sky TV, Blofeld's burbling commentaries provide a pleasingly onamatapoeic backdrop to a day's cricket, and his frequent gaffes and misidentifications merely add to that charm. Like Johnston, "Blowers" was educated at Eton College and his old-school leanings are unmistakeable. Unlike Johnston, however, his bluff and hearty image is not entirely accurate, as anyone who has read his caustic columns in The Independent would testify. In part this might be attributed to frustration. As a schoolboy wicketkeeper and batsman, Blofeld was one of the finest cricketers ever to emerge from Eton, and seemed destined to play for England until he was knocked off his bike in his final year at school. Though he recovered to play for Cambridge and Norfolk, he soon turned to journalism, where he learned his trade under the watchful eye of EW Swanton. He was awarded an OBE in 2003 for his services to broadcasting. Andrew Miller"
Old 15-07-2006, 05:29 PM

PengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPengeEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I am in, Bumble is definatley a legend.