Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-08-2006, 10:29 AM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers guys for your comments
Old 17-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Croydon Athletic,

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Croydon

Old 17-08-2006, 11:07 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Used to go to a few Croydon FC games, went to one that had about 1000 fans mainly cos the away team Aldershot brought about 900.
I used to play for the youth team for ages and played on the pitch and trained in the arena quite a bit. Their old chairman/manager was this fat jock, right her was. The main reason the team is in the shit at the moment.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Just out of intrest, Those not going to Bimingham, Croydon play Sandhurst Town on Saturday in the first Q round of the FA Cup
Old 17-08-2006, 12:35 PM

Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
Used to go to a few Croydon FC games, went to one that had about 1000 fans mainly cos the away team Aldershot brought about 900.
I used to play for the youth team for ages and played on the pitch and trained in the arena quite a bit. Their old chairman/manager was this fat jock, right her was. The main reason the team is in the shit at the moment.
The old chairman/manager has gone, now the chairman is Dickson Gill and the team is managed by Russell Harmsworth. Don't expect to see crowds of 900, come to think of it, don't expect to see crowds of 90. Croydon would get crowds of 20-50, even when Palace are away and fans are staying at home.

I'll go to Croydon Sports Arena (quite handy that Arena tram stop is nearby) to watch the game against Sandhurst, and also see the Kent League teams to see what they're like. Of all the Kent League teams, I knew of Greenwich Borough (I knew Wrighty played for them) and Maidstone United, who got promoted.

Anyone else watching the game at the Sports Arena? And having a cheap drink in the club's bar afterwards?
Old 17-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Palace/Panionios

I seriously can't afford to go to Bimingham, So i am tempted, It will be on the day i decide though.
Old 17-08-2006, 09:37 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The drinks are meant to be cheap at croydon fc
Old 17-08-2006, 10:41 PM

Ryan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by Croydonman
The old chairman/manager has gone, now the chairman is Dickson Gill and the team is managed by Russell Harmsworth. Don't expect to see crowds of 900, come to think of it, don't expect to see crowds of 90. Croydon would get crowds of 20-50, even when Palace are away and fans are staying at home.

I'll go to Croydon Sports Arena (quite handy that Arena tram stop is nearby) to watch the game against Sandhurst, and also see the Kent League teams to see what they're like. Of all the Kent League teams, I knew of Greenwich Borough (I knew Wrighty played for them) and Maidstone United, who got promoted.

Anyone else watching the game at the Sports Arena? And having a cheap drink in the club's bar afterwards?
Did Wright even play for them? I thought that he had a trial at us and if it didn't go well then he was goin to sign for them. I may be wrong. Also yer crowds are very small but tickets can't be that much and burgers have some meat in them.
Old 17-08-2006, 10:52 PM

Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
My brother plays for Croydon.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Croydon Athletic play behind my old school. I shat on their trainer's bench when I was 14.
Old 18-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Palace/Panionios

Archbishop Lanfranc?, I use to work there for a while.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:01 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Also contains Whyteleafe and Maidstone Utd!
And Sittingbourne. (7 to get in BTW)

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by waddoneagle
Archbishop Lanfranc?, I use to work there for a while.
It was just plain old Lanfranc in my day. Adding the "Archbishop" bit was their pathetic attempt at making the school look upmarket.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:29 AM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
It was just plain old Lanfranc in my day. Adding the "Archbishop" bit was their pathetic attempt at making the school look upmarket.
Didn't work though did it?
Old 18-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
Didn't work though did it?
I dunno, they did it AFTER I left
Old 22-08-2006, 07:21 AM

Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Croydon's run in the FA Cup is over for another year. Tim Murdoch scored Croydon's only goal in their 2-1 loss, a thumping shot from his left foot, the goalie had a touch but Murdoch's shot was too strong for him.

The next home game is the local derby between Croydon and Beckenham Town on Bank Holiday Monday, KO 11 AM, at least it doesn't clash with any Palace games that day.

Incidentally, the club have launched a lottery scheme to help raise funds for the club and details can be found here -

Old 23-08-2006, 01:40 PM

Bump
Old 23-08-2006, 03:22 PM
I am a HAL 9000 computer

screamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we followscreamingalice is someone we follow, we follow, we follow
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
Ken Jarvie, who saved Croydon from going under in the early 90's. They did not have a team, so he played a Saturday pub side for the rest of the first season in order that they could finish their fixtures.

He managed the team with Dixon Gill until they fell out. Won two promotions and took Bromley women's team in, changed the name to Croydon, put money behind them and they won the Womens FA Cup at the Den (v Liverpool) and had a number of England womens team on the books.

I think the farce over the Womens team when he had no support from the FA when Charlton poached them took away all Ken's drive and he left not only the club but the country and now runs a bar in Cypress.

He had a number of links with Palace, Kenny Sansom was involved for a time and they had a few matches with Ex Palace 11's. Was talking to CPFC about the reserves playing at the Arena and about the time Palace went into administration was also negotiating with the club to change the womens team from Croydon to Palace, but that was all lost when we had to pull in the spending because we had no money.

Ken was a good football bloke and had lots of ambitions for Croydon, but the attitude of the FA and the Rymans league wore him down. The continued breakins and yobs who caused lots of damage in and around the arena, lack of support from Croydon council and the final straw Charlton being allowed to break FA rules and poach the womens team finished him off.

Until the council invest some money to stop the breakin's and make the whole place a bit more inviting then they will go nowhere.

"The 9000-series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000-computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definitions of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

In memory of Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008 the most visionary and versatile thinker of the last 100 years.
Old 23-08-2006, 08:56 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by screamingalice
Ken Jarvie, who saved Croydon from going under in the early 90's. They did not have a team, so he played a Saturday pub side for the rest of the first season in order that they could finish their fixtures.

He managed the team with Dixon Gill until they fell out. Won two promotions and took Bromley women's team in, changed the name to Croydon, put money behind them and they won the Womens FA Cup at the Den (v Liverpool) and had a number of England womens team on the books.

I think the farce over the Womens team when he had no support from the FA when Charlton poached them took away all Ken's drive and he left not only the club but the country and now runs a bar in Cypress.

He had a number of links with Palace, Kenny Sansom was involved for a time and they had a few matches with Ex Palace 11's. Was talking to CPFC about the reserves playing at the Arena and about the time Palace went into administration was also negotiating with the club to change the womens team from Croydon to Palace, but that was all lost when we had to pull in the spending because we had no money.

Ken was a good football bloke and had lots of ambitions for Croydon, but the attitude of the FA and the Rymans league wore him down. The continued breakins and yobs who caused lots of damage in and around the arena, lack of support from Croydon council and the final straw Charlton being allowed to break FA rules and poach the womens team finished him off.

Until the council invest some money to stop the breakin's and make the whole place a bit more inviting then they will go nowhere.
Without Ken Jarvie, Croydon would be long gone, and that is 100% fact. Even the secretarial work for the Croydon reserves was done by one of his family (his wife I think). Bizarre why so many people who follow football have such little respect for people like Ken Jarvie.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 PM

Back to the present day...

Anyone looking for a football fix in the absence of a Palace game, Croydon are home to Sporting Bengal United. Expect lots of goals, Sporting Bengal lost 10-3 last Saturday.

And you can watch the England game in the bar afterwards