Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Croydon Athletic are at home to Arundel in the FA Cup, also on Saturday.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by Croydonman
Croydon's run in the FA Cup is over for another year. Tim Murdoch scored Croydon's only goal in their 2-1 loss, a thumping shot from his left foot, the goalie had a touch but Murdoch's shot was too strong for him.

The next home game is the local derby between Croydon and Beckenham Town on Bank Holiday Monday, KO 11 AM, at least it doesn't clash with any Palace games that day.

Incidentally, the club have launched a lottery scheme to help raise funds for the club and details can be found here -

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Tim Murdoch is my brother.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 PM

aylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by screamingalice
Ken Jarvie, who saved Croydon from going under in the early 90's. They did not have a team, so he played a Saturday pub side for the rest of the first season in order that they could finish their fixtures.

He managed the team with Dixon Gill until they fell out. Won two promotions and took Bromley women's team in, changed the name to Croydon, put money behind them and they won the Womens FA Cup at the Den (v Liverpool) and had a number of England womens team on the books.

I think the farce over the Womens team when he had no support from the FA when Charlton poached them took away all Ken's drive and he left not only the club but the country and now runs a bar in Cypress.

He had a number of links with Palace, Kenny Sansom was involved for a time and they had a few matches with Ex Palace 11's. Was talking to CPFC about the reserves playing at the Arena and about the time Palace went into administration was also negotiating with the club to change the womens team from Croydon to Palace, but that was all lost when we had to pull in the spending because we had no money.

Ken was a good football bloke and had lots of ambitions for Croydon, but the attitude of the FA and the Rymans league wore him down. The continued breakins and yobs who caused lots of damage in and around the arena, lack of support from Croydon council and the final straw Charlton being allowed to break FA rules and poach the womens team finished him off.

Until the council invest some money to stop the breakin's and make the whole place a bit more inviting then they will go nowhere.
"No support from the Council", i feel that 750.000 was quite alot of support from his local authority, just a shame that he decided to leave the country very soon after obtaining this money....
Old 03-09-2006, 02:14 PM

Mark87 is playing for a contract
My grandad was involved in Croydon FC from its creation in the 50's to the late 70's (possibly 80's) first as a player, and then as reserve team coach, then going to Manage the Surrey youth team. I have programmes from croydon games in the 70's where season tickets could be bought and they organised coaches for away games, shows how far they've dropped really. I've heard all sorts of stories about cup runs and what have you, sounded like good times for the club.

I try to get down as often as I can, went last monday for the Beckenham match, didnt play overly bad, just a shame the league got re-shuffled, last season was one of consolidation, finished mid-table, but now have to re-adjust to another new league
Old 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM

aylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallaylott put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
First win of the season

Croydon finally managed to kick-start their season with a 3-0 home win over Sporting Bengal United, goals from Ray Freeman(2) and substitute Emmanuel Quarshie were enough to see off the visitors.

Next game at the Croydon Arena is on Saturday 9th September vs Thamesmead Town, Kick off 3PM
Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM

Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Freedman69 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
most people wont able to watch that as it the same day as palace vs luton.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:12 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i used to watch them in the mid 80's,which was possibly their most succesful time;their current manager was a player then,and they had a useful team.
BUT they will ALWAYS live in the shadow of CP and when i used to go other teams hated them because most of their supproters were family members of the team and as such had "comp" passes!!!!(we all used to get to away matches on the team coach)
i was offered the role of programme editor (something i REALY WANTED) but had to pass on the offer as id met my missus by then!!!
when they almost went under, was always going to happen as the then committee showed NO inclination to invest any money as the support was so bad;i those days they used to live of the bar takings (which is where most of the players wages went!!!)...

a sad story BUT because of the history behing the club,i dont think they'll ever die (i know of at least 1 resident in the borough who wouldnt let it happen!!!)

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 04-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
19AUG AWAY 3.00PM LEAGUE 174 1-1 CHATHAM TOWN TYRONE MYTON
22AUG HOME 7.45PM LEAGUE 191 2-0 KINGSTONIAN CHARLEY SIDE, GARETH GRAHAM (P)
26AUG HOME 3.00PM LEAGUE 146 3-2 HASTINGS UNITED GARETH GRAHAM, PAUL SCOTT, CHARLEY SIDE
28AUG AWAY 3.00PM LEAGUE 305 2-2 DULWICH HAMLET CHARLEY SIDE, WADE FALANA
02SEP HOME 3.00PM FA CUP 4-2 ARUNDEL GARETH GRAHAM 2, PAUL SCOTT, CHARLEY SIDE
09SEP HOME 3.00PM LEAGUE SITTINGBOURNE

Croydon Athletic so far.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:56 AM

TC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Catford Eagle
Croydon have been moved to the Kent League this season - no, I don't know why either! Another side in the Kent League are Sporting Bengal who play at Mile End Stadium, so I suppose Croydon are more Kent-ish than them at least!
Ryman league 2 has been disbanded and the clubs were offered places in other leagues Croydon chose the Kent League
Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 PM

Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally posted by Freedman69
most people wont able to watch that as it the same day as palace vs luton.
I'm not sure if most fans go to away matches, some do.

But for the Palace fans who can't (or won't) go to Luton, there is the alternative of Croydon v Thamesmead Town at Croydon Sports Arena in Albert Road.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Palace/Panionios

LOL

Croydon Athletic are playing at home to Sittingbourne 3pm, They are undefeated so far this season, as i am not going to Luton, i will nip down to Mayfields Road to watch this.
Old 15-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Croydonman has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
This Saturday, Croydon FC are at home against Erith and Belvedere at the Arena, KO 3PM (and with Wandsworth and Norwood away on Saturday, their fans are also welcome to come to the Arena to watch some decent non league football;-) )

Talking of the devils, the Battle of Croydon between the Mighty Trams and the Rams takes place on Monday evening as the youth sides play each other at the Arena in the Southern Youth League, KO 7.45.

Last edited by Croydonman; 15-09-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 18-09-2006, 01:19 PM

Don't forget, the Battle of Croydon between the Mighty Trams and the Rams takes place tonight at 7.45, Croydon Sports Arena.
Old 18-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Don't forget, the Battle of Croydon between the Mighty Trams and the Rams takes place tonight at 7.45, Croydon Sports Arena.
I am refereeing a Basketball game tonight, otherwise i would be there, Come on you Rams.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Crystal Palace don't have a game tomorrow, so why not come along and watch Croydon v Erith Town at Croydon Sports Arena, KO 3PM followed by the England match in the bar?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Crystal Palace don't have a game tomorrow, so why not come along and watch Croydon v Erith Town at Croydon Sports Arena, KO 3PM followed by the England match in the bar?
I shall be watching the Rams , But i hope all those that live near the Arena go and watch Croydon.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:11 PM

who are the rams playing tomorrow?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally posted by aylott
who are the rams playing tomorrow?
There is a Ram's Thread, This is Croydon's
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 PM

what a
Old 19-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Palace/Panionios

Good luck to Croydon tonight against Worthing in the Cup