Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-01-2018, 08:20 PM

RobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good win today, it was worth standing in the cold, rain and wind.

It was three very quick goals in the first part of the second half that won it.

The first half Bromley were the better side but were unable to score with the Halifax keeper making a very good diving save at one stage. In the second half Bromley were even better and could have easily scored six or seven but the keeper made some good saves to keep the score down.

With the third goal it bounced out of the net very quickly. The referee gave the goal straight away but the Halifax players were not happy claiming it had come off the post.

Regarding Omar he played about 75/80 minutes today. I thought he had a decent game. He really wanted to score but was unable to but gets in the right places and hopefully can get into form with more game time. I prefer him over George Porter.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:48 PM

RobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1-1 draw with Workington today.

The replay at home is on Tuesday evening.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-02-2018, 07:55 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
1-1 draw with Workington today.

The replay at home is on Tuesday evening.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Great I hope I can get down to it. Cup fever! I'm dreaming of Wembley, think they did it without the likes of Mekki and Louis. Come on Brommmm.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:35 PM

A 7-1 win tonight over Workington to reach the quarter finals. The first time I have seen a team score seven. A smaller crowd than normal with a few away fans as well.

Key moments:
  • Scored early on through Brendon Hanlan (on loan from Charlton).
  • He should have scored again about two minutes later but his shot went over having done all the hard work.
  • Workington then went down the other end then equalised. 1-1 in jsut over 5 minutes.
  • It stayed 1-1 with until just before half time when a Louis Dennis shot from the edge of the penalty area went in the top corner.
  • George Porter missed an open goal (miss of the season contender) but the scored to make it 3-1.
  • After that Workington tired and Bromley were able to take advantage.
  • Dennis made it 4-1.
  • Wanadio made it five, the shot that had been set up well went in off the crossbar.
  • Higgs mad it 5-1.
  • Jack Holland finished the scoring making it seven coming from a free kick.

I did feel for Workington who travelled a long way, made a game of it in the first half and played well but couldn't keep up with a side two division higher.

I will put the quarter final draw in the next post.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:38 PM

FA Trophy Quarter Finals
Stockport County v Brackley
Billericay v Wealdstone
Leyton Orient v Gateshead
Bromley v Spennymoor Town

All matches to be played 24th Feburary.

Palace are not playing that due due to the Spurs game being moved. Bromley's match against Barrow will also be rearranged.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do hope we make the semis, even playing for the prize of seeing Bromley in a Wembley final would be beyond exciting.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:35 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only 3 top flight teams in the 1/4 finals!!

Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley!!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Going up to see Bromley for the first time on Saturday v Maidstone, looking forward to it. Take it you should be fine to get tickets on the day with the capacity they have?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:23 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
3 beers@HT went up to Workington from South Wales
Old 09-02-2018, 10:24 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Going up to see Bromley for the first time on Saturday v Maidstone, looking forward to it. Take it you should be fine to get tickets on the day with the capacity they have?
Yes and take your CP S/T if you have one as it’ll knock a fiver off admission prices bringing it down to a tenner. Two great bars and a large Palace support
Old 10-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Proper match today against Maidstone. Wind, rain, great crowd and Bromley one up after 5 with a hilarious goal
Old 12-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maidstone away on Tuesday, I know itís only the Kent senior cup and both sides will have fringe players playing, but as I donít get to many games these days and this is down the road for me, I might make the effort.

Or I might just stay at home and eat pancakes
Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM

You could always go to the game and have the pancakes when you get home.
Old 13-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Maidstone away on Tuesday, I know itís only the Kent senior cup and both sides will have fringe players playing, but as I donít get to many games these days and this is down the road for me, I might make the effort.

Or I might just stay at home and eat pancakes
Bollox thought you meant next Tuesday as off then . Remember going there midweek in Kent cup late 80ís when they had a bad rep and being caged in away pen with biggish police presence for a non league game .
Old 14-02-2018, 05:02 AM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
You could always go to the game and have the pancakes when you get home.
I went and got my haircut instead

Apparently they lost 4-2

Mickey Mouse Cup anyway
Old 14-02-2018, 05:40 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mickey Mouse Cup anyway
That's right - Bromley's not in Kent anymore anyway, so shouldn't be in it.

I guess getting your hair cut is marginally better than not going because you were washing your hair.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
And Iíve always thought Valencia was in Spain
Old 14-02-2018, 12:12 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I went and got my haircut instead

Apparently they lost 4-2

Mickey Mouse Cup anyway
Bromley played a second string side and Maidstone played a fairly strong side
Old 14-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Bromley played a second string side and Maidstone played a fairly strong side
I guess the stones needed a win of any kind for a bit of confidence with the poor run theyíve been on.
Old 14-02-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

I guess getting your hair cut is marginally better than not going because you were washing your hair.
Bromley is in Kent !