Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-09-2006, 08:52 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
9/11: The twin Towers

On BBC1 now.

Quite harrowing. It's the first time I've seen some of the footage in almost 5 years. One guy watched as the plane hit Tower 2 from his office window, the impact looked at what seemed like just a few metres away. The English lady from Hayling Island organising a meeting on one of the top floors, who never made it out. The guy who stayed with a older gentleman who he had never even seen before, as the older guy sat on the stairs exhausted. They never made it out.

There must be 1000's of untold stories and acts of heroism from this one disaster.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
BBS FA

cpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is finecpfc4ever is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Even now every time I watch this its still as shocking as it was then, would be good to know more stories like the ones from tonight
Old 07-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
It's an impressive programme.

The guy whose colleagues wouldn't listen to him and went up (and died) while he found and saved the guy that EM referred to above who witnessed the second plane hitting the second tower.

And the incomptence of the CIA ... nothing new but as ever revealing the sheer ineptitude of that organisation.

And worse, the authorities in the second tower who turned back people trying to leave the building .... the fire escapes that lead to dead ends ... the obvious lack of evacuation drills ... the waste of human life ... awful
Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Good programme. Not too sensationalist. A bit dramatic, but that is natural for any such programme.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not watching the programme but I remember the event well. We were packing to go on holiday and at lunchtime on the 11th Mrs WSE said 'I'll just see if anything exciting is happening' as she switched on the TV! One picture sticks in my mind and always will. It was on the front page of the Mirror and depicts a young fireman heading to his death as he starts up the stairs of one of the burning Towers as everyone else heads down to safety.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
One picture sticks in my mind and always will. It was on the front page of the Mirror and depicts a young fireman heading to his death as he starts up the stairs of one of the burning Towers as everyone else heads down to safety.
This might cheer you up ... the young fireman lived ....
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Ollie
I guess it's inevitable coming up to the 5th anniversay that there are programmes like this on TV, not sure if it shows anything new about that day - which funny enough was one of the happiest of my life as it coincided with the birth of my only son Harry.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

paulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyespaulhgc2002 dances before me like a million eyes
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So far its a very good programme, its very touching in places, as someone who has been up the towers on a few occasions I find the whole thing compelling, and still to this day, extrodinary.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Future?

mojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
very good program, next bit is on soon. Not the best program to watch tho before u go to bed
Old 07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Ollie
My wife couldn't watch it, and went to bed
Old 07-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Starting again now (2nd part)`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: I PoWeLLyCPFC I
Old 07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

Harry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adored
Re: 9/11: The twin Towers

Quote:
Originally posted by eagle mart
On BBC1 now.

Quite harrowing. It's the first time I've seen some of the footage in almost 5 years. One guy watched as the plane hit Tower 2 from his office window, the impact looked at what seemed like just a few metres away. The English lady from Hayling Island organising a meeting on one of the top floors, who never made it out. The guy who stayed with a older gentleman who he had never even seen before, as the older guy sat on the stairs exhausted. They never made it out.

There must be 1000's of untold stories and acts of heroism from this one disaster.

I will never forget the moment I was told it was happening. watching it now. still seems unreal.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A well produced docu-drama which gives a human touch to an event that is still very difficult to comprehend, even after 5 years.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:55 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
I remember watching it unfold on the BBC website at work. I was obviously horrified at what I was witnessing but also appalled at the reactions of some of my colleagues - all they were concerned about was what effect it was having on their shares.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

Harry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adoredHarry Bastardo wants to be adored
Quote:
Originally posted by Nork1
I remember watching it unfold on the BBC website at work. I was obviously horrified at what I was witnessing but also appalled at the reactions of some of my colleagues - all they were concerned about was what effect it was having on their shares.

They should be ashamed the greedy fuc**
Old 07-09-2006, 09:58 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was working in the Palace club shop at Selhurst at the time.

Remember watching it all there.

Still brings a lump to my throat watching it again now.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Visiting Seagull

Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette
Robert Eaton RIP

Robert Eaton, a lifelong Brighton and Hove Albion fan tragically lost his life in the disaster. Rob was a regular user of North Stand Chat, and Albion supporters and NSC Users decided to set up the fund in his memory, raising money for disadvantaged young people in the UK and abroad who wish to play football, but find it difficult to do so without help.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund has raised over 40,000 so far, and bought kit and equipment for Los Peladitos, a youth football team in Rob Eaton's adopted city of New York and youth football teams in Sussex and Croydon

Banter not abuse
Old 07-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Golden Oldie

I flew out of Logan (Boston) a few days before. Security was non existent: I checked in early, passed through but was called back to the check in desk about an hour later. No one checked my credentials on the way back or when I returned.

Watching those guys walk through with 4 inch knives (only 6 inch + knives were prohibited) leaves you incredulous. And that 8 out of them were on a wanted list. Sheer f*cking incomptence by the world leaders in making money, the world leaders in capitalist stupidity.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I followed it on the BBS. There is an almighty thread about it in here somewhere.