Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS ŧ Other Sport ŧ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
Any sport that can be played by overweight OAPīs whilst smoking a fag has to be dubious, donīt get me wrong I play golf occasionally but itīs not exactly 90 minutes of competitive football is it?
I've played competitive football matches where the opposition were smoking fags at half time ( and in the showers rather bizarrely ).

Perhaps if you didn't have to be so big, fit and strong to play pro football these days we might see a little bit more skill and ball talent. JAT.
Old 19-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
Any sport that can be played by overweight OAPīs whilst smoking a fag has to be dubious, donīt get me wrong I play golf occasionally but itīs not exactly 90 minutes of competitive football is it?
Yeah. A top tourny can be won by a 20 year old or a 50 year old (if Tiger is having an off day).

Can't really think of many proper sports that happens in. Bit girly if you ask me.
Old 19-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Yeah. A top tourny can be won by a 20 year old or a 50 year old (if Tiger is having an off day).

Can't really think of many proper sports that happens in. Bit girly if you ask me.
No one saying this isn't the case....but the fact still remains that if you were a woofta and didn't fancy rugby at our school, you played tennis. FACT.
Old 19-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
No one saying this isn't the case....but the fact still remains that if you were a woofta and didn't fancy rugby at our school, you played tennis. FACT.
Same at my school (St Josephs). But one has to grow out of schoolboy attitudes - tennis is a pretty good game and played by top class sportsmen.
Old 19-02-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Same at my school (St Josephs). But one has to grow out of schoolboy attitudes - tennis is a pretty good game and played by top class sportsmen.
Tennis would be a great game if they only had one serve. It would be nice to have two tee shots at every hole.

You don't sriously believe i think tennis does not require strength stamina and skill -- boring to watch 100 mile an hour pile drivers that are either out or not returnable though. ONe serve would make the game loads more intersting IMO.
Old 19-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Big Member

Quote:
You don't seriously believe i think tennis does not require strength stamina and skill -- ...
Nah, not really
Old 20-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Tennis would be a great game if they only had one serve. It would be nice to have two tee shots at every hole.

You don't sriously believe i think tennis does not require strength stamina and skill -- boring to watch 100 mile an hour pile drivers that are either out or not returnable though. ONe serve would make the game loads more intersting IMO.
What and you think golf is interesting, don't get me wrong I can't stand either sport (or that haggis munching git Murray).

But golf is like watching paint dry!
Old 20-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by JHJ EAGLE
What and you think golf is interesting,
I know this may come as a shock to you, but yes i do.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Go figure.
Old 20-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by JHJ EAGLE
Go figure.
Go figure what?
Old 20-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Waterproof member

Ah, being clever too.
Old 20-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bit one sided on this thread. I don't really watch golf apart from the ryder cup and bits of majors and can see why people may think it boring. However, golf is a tremendously tactical and technical game. I find it far more diverse and interesting to play than tennis and once you have played it I don't think you can have anything other than admiration for the talents of those who play it at the top level.
Old 20-02-2007, 02:39 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Tennis would be a great game if they only had one serve.
Federer would dominate even more if they only had one serve.

He's one of the most accurate servers and best returners.

It's bad enough he dominates so much at the moment without making it worse. No sport where one player is so far ahead of the rest is interesting until the rest catch up... but at least it FORCES the rest to try and catch up, I guess.
Old 21-02-2007, 05:05 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the amount of aces/unreturnable serves isn't such a big factor on every surface except grass. The problem in the UK is 99% of people only watch tennis at wimbeldon each year. the other majors are much more exciting to watch.
Old 21-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by saxoneagle
Federer would dominate even more if they only had one serve.

He's one of the most accurate servers and best returners.

It's bad enough he dominates so much at the moment without making it worse. No sport where one player is so far ahead of the rest is interesting until the rest catch up... but at least it FORCES the rest to try and catch up, I guess.
I wasn't referring to Federas dominance, so much as the 'mulligan' every player gets at the start of a point. I like the idea of have to risk it or play safe with the serve.
Old 21-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm not divorced

As it's turned into a golf vs tennins debate, does anyone know the tv viewing figures for the mens wimbledon final vs let's say the Ryder Cup in 2006?
Old 21-02-2007, 04:00 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As it's turned into a golf vs tennins debate, does anyone know the tv viewing figures for the mens wimbledon final vs let's say the Ryder Cup in 2006?
You can't compare the two. Try comparing the British Open final day with Wimbledon. Or one of the US majors with the US Open at Flushing.

I'd imagine Wimbledon would be higher than the British Open but would expect the opposite in the US.

Besides, golf IS a much bigger sport in terms of participation worldwide, don't think many people would deny that anyway.
Old 14-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I know it's only a quarter-final he's reached but a good win over world number four Nikolay Davydenko today. 7-6 6-4.

In a fairly big tournament - Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells - he's making decent progress again.

Rather than start a new thread can we just get a mod to turn this into the 'Andy Murray' thread to cover all his progress?

Keep it up Andy
Old 14-03-2007, 11:20 PM

phillimcnally is playing for a contract
murray is also doing well in the doubles with tim henman so a good tournament all round for him so far, be interesting to see how his stamina stands up though
Old 15-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Indian wells is a big tounament. Haas is in form so will be interesting to see how Murray gets on.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.