Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Well he wins again. Semi finals next
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Well he wins again. Semi finals next
Murray reminds me of Miloslav Mecir.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
I like him, he's making Tennis very interesting again for me. Top 10 by Wimbledon? What was he last year 400ish? Stella rise.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
What was he last year 400ish? Stella rise.
No.

Old 17-03-2007, 12:23 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he loses in the Semi he'll go 12th, 10th if he makes the final and 9th if he wins the tournament. Assuming the injury he picked up isn't bad, I'd be amazed if he wasn't top ten within a couple of weeks.

I've been watching most of his matches and he is the real deal!

It's a shame the media like to twist everything he says.

He never wore a paraguy shirt, that was made up.
The footbal comment was taken out of a jokey context from some banter he was having.

This week he was asked who the favourites for this tournament are no the Federer was out, and hes said, Nadal, Roddick, Blake, Haas, Davedenko and Gonzalez.

The follow up was are you one of the favourites?

His response was I guess so, but probably behind those others.

What does the media report "Arrogant Murrays says he's the favourite!"

We seem to want to destroy every bit of talen we have in this country. Then complain that we don't do well.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:24 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
you live in Scotland, Dave?

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
No.
Maybe I missed a year then 2006 was a busy and very horrible year for me so one I try to forget. Was he top 100 by Wimbledon last year?

Last edited by Ridcully; 17-03-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
Seems that the responses to this thread underline why we struggle to succeed in sport these days!
We there is no we, he is about as British as I am Scottish.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:34 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
you live in Scotland, Dave?
Nope, I'm has English as they come.

Croydon born and bred, although I live in Sheffield now.

As an England fan I too was annoyed with Murray at the time for the England comments and the alleged shirt wearing.

Upon becoming a fan od Andy from watching lots and lots of tennis the last couple of years, I was annoyed with the press, when I saw the actual quotes.

And yes, I do gt annoyed with a lot of scots who hate the English not matter what, which is exactly why the media made a stroy out of it.

If anything it was an 18 year old Andy who was naive in how he handles the press, enabling the to trap him with questions to get the quote they wanted.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:36 PM

This isn't football, we didn't moan about Colin Jackson being welsh, when he is winning Gold medals. We lay as Britain in the Davis cup.

If this was football however, then he would be Scottish Scum!
Old 17-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
Maybe I missed a year then 2006 was a busy and very horrible year for me so one I try to forget. Was he top 100 by Wimbledon last year?
In the 30's from memory.

Old 17-03-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by daverambo2
Nope, I'm has English as they come.

Croydon born and bred, although I live in Sheffield now.

As an England fan I too was annoyed with Murray at the time for the England comments and the alleged shirt wearing.

Upon becoming a fan od Andy from watching lots and lots of tennis the last couple of years, I was annoyed with the press, when I saw the actual quotes.

And yes, I do gt annoyed with a lot of scots who hate the English not matter what, which is exactly why the media made a stroy out of it.

If anything it was an 18 year old Andy who was naive in how he handles the press, enabling the to trap him with questions to get the quote they wanted.
Good points, well made.

I appreciate him for his ability, it doesn't matter where he comes from. I like Federer too, does that make me any less English?

From a Grand Prix point of view I really liked Schumacher. Whats wrong with arrogance anyway, if you are at the top why shouldn't you be just a little bit arrogant?

Jose Morinho is excellent is this respect.

Murray is the best UK based Tennis Player in the last 20 years. By far the most exciting to watch and for me one of the most exciting players on the tour too.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:42 PM

And for all those haters out there.

How many proffesional sportsman, regularly take there time to chat to their fans on their message boards!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Mid week was fantastic, a win in the tennis and a win for palace. Hopefully another one of those this weeked.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:43 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
well, being the best english player in the past 20 years is hardly any achievement.

that said, he is quality.

and yes, if you're the best, large it. end of.

federer does it all the time.

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
well, being the best english player in the past 20 years is hardly any achievement.
Try 60 years, oz.

Old 17-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
In the 30's from memory.
I think you are probably right - though i too cannot recall. That said it is a lot easier to have huge rises when your ranking is 287 than when your ranking is 34, say.

His rise has been pretty meteoric, when you consider that Gasquet has been around, and spoken about for fair while longer and is ranked lower (albeit not by much).

Murray will be a top ten player for a number of years. Whether he makes it to top three is another question entirely.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:48 PM

I think he might lose in the Semi though, as Djokovic has had an easy draw to the Semi's and the Haas match took a lot out of Murray, both physicaly and mentaly.

This is what happend in the last Masters Semi he made against Gasquet.

But he's learning so fast, I hope he surprises me.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:50 PM
leviathan

yes, he got injured as well. djoker as good a talent.

Old 17-03-2007, 12:51 PM

He needs to improve his first serve percentage if he wants to win a Grand Slam.

His first serve is very good when it goes in, but his percentage at times is shocking. Thankfully that is a stat that tends to improve as players get more experience.
Old 17-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Yeah another excellent result.
Good work