Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-01-2007, 08:54 AM

kolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Lest we forget Shabbir and Shoaib should not be included for obvious reasons. I maintain that Pedro Martinez would have a very impressive average in test cricket if he were allowed to play.

An average of 33 is not acceptable for a non Warne leggie on sub continental pitches, Kumble doesn't even turn the ball and averages a damn site less than that.

Rana averages 58 with the ball in test cricket. Shahid Nazir i assume you have included as a joke. As for Rao Iftikar, as I said above, who?

Asif has looked very good and whilst he should have been banned for the drugs thing, i'll accept that he was stupid village kid (your words) and not hold it against him.

Gul, when he is not injured he has looked decent (last test last summer), but when is he not injured btw.
I'll admit that Kaneria isnt as doing as well as he should, but he still has 10 years in him and I am sure he will get better.

And Rana, Nazir and Rao are in there as back up - no a bad lot to fall back on.

With McGrath and Warne out the picture now, I think a 5 of Gul, Shoaib, Asif, Kaneria with Shabbir as back up is up there with the best.

But, Shoaib cant get fit, Asif will be re-banned, Gul wont stay fit, Shabbir will get done for his action again and until Kaneria converts to Islam, he'll be the nearly man of the team. So, we will be a mediocre/who line-up pretty soon.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:51 AM
bit scummish really

Radders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Not a single post on Englands game today? I must be the only one watching even though I wish I wasn't watching!! The baby woke up at 530 so I watched from 530 till 930 when i left for work and it gradually got worse and worse!!!!!!

Back to the drawing board.
Old 23-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Walking along...

Godstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
England throwing away a game in Adelaide..sounds familiar!
Old 23-01-2007, 10:31 AM

kolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Absolute tripe from England

Get Bopara in!
Old 23-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bagSteve in Phoenix has got sunshine in a bag
Thought Bopara was going to replace Joyce... but Joyce was the only batsman who performed..
Old 23-01-2007, 11:07 AM
bit scummish really

Radders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRadders will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix
Thought Bopara was going to replace Joyce... but Joyce was the only batsman who performed..
I don't think Joyce is good enough but he will retain his place in the team now. Bopara must play now though, get Bell out.
Old 23-01-2007, 11:18 AM

Strauss, Bell, Colly, Joyce and Vaughan playign together does not a one-day batting line-up make. That is 5 nudgers. A team should have 2 max.

And what will England do when Loye gets his technique found out?

England need Solanki and Bopara playing - 2 players who can nudge with the best of them, but who are also capable of more expansive shots.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Cracking article on bowling attackes here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-01-2007, 01:40 PM

New LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting article, although I think Stuart Clarke has what it takes to be more than merely a support bowler.
Old 23-01-2007, 07:00 PM

rhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhiannapaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
england cricket is a bloody embarrasment
Old 23-01-2007, 09:06 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses growbunghole knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by New LP
Interesting article, although I think Stuart Clarke has what it takes to be more than merely a support bowler.
Amen to that.

"If you think that's laughable, even funnier is Glen McGrath is doing his five nil stuff again" Oisin 12/10/2006.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:22 PM
leviathan

ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
this has to be one of the shi ttest all time sides.

just awful. thank whoever that they managed to fall across the line in the first match.

talk about battle of the *******s....

speaking of which, if this Andrew Strauss isn't the most overrated English batsman for some time, i'll go heave. forget about failing at the top level, this guy is simply, a dud.

as for Bell. f eck me. hack.

the aussies must be trembling at the thought of England's line up for the next Ashes series.

all the talk about the English depth and they trawl out these retards.

FFS

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Cyclist Scum.

Adlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
this has to be one of the shi ttest all time sides.

just awful. thank whoever that they managed to fall across the line in the first match.

talk about battle of the *******s....

speaking of which, if this Andrew Strauss isn't the most overrated English batsman for some time, i'll go heave. forget about failing at the top level, this guy is simply, a dud.

as for Bell. f eck me. hack.

the aussies must be trembling at the thought of England's line up for the next Ashes series.

all the talk about the English depth and they trawl out these retards.

FFS
I don't completely disgaree, but suspect someone is a bit bitter about losing some cash - you were warned oz

Dave Niehaus.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:56 PM
leviathan

ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget ozeagle can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
on the contrary, i toolk the dud to outscore loye 1.94 BF.

to be fair the dud has averaged around 20 on this tour. half reasonable by english standards.

loye wouldn't get a game down the local park.

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 23-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Cyclist Scum.

Adlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAdlerhorst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree about Loye.

Dave Niehaus.
Old 23-01-2007, 10:02 PM
leviathan

and Strauss, come on?

failed at the highest level all summer (despite a couple of bad decisions)

av 24.7

av v oz 32

no good. end of.

Old 23-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Cyclist Scum.

Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
and until Kaneria converts to Islam, he'll be the nearly man of the team
Interested in this. Wasn't sure if it was in jest or not.

As for the rest of the post (unquoted) you seem to have developed an unhealthy (and for a follower of Pakistan, a highly unusual) sense of impending doom - your english side showing through perhaps

Dave Niehaus.
Old 24-01-2007, 10:51 AM

It was in jest of course!!!!!

and I feel doom - unlike previous generations, I just cant see the talent coming through
Old 24-01-2007, 11:48 AM

New LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNew LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by rhiannapaul
england cricket is a bloody embarrasment
Our one day game is that's for sure.

There is hope in the test arena even if we're a million miles from the Aussies at the moment.

2 things can happen, either heads will be buried in the sand or they'll be a big shake up and we'll bounce back. Knowing the suits at the ECB it'll be the former unfortunately.
Old 24-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceBaloo hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
The paradox is, we know our one-day team is full of decent players. It's just that we're incapable of showing it on the pitch.

It MUST be something wrong with management and coaching, therefore. Fletcher has lost the touch, gone stale, overstayed his shelf life, whatever you want to call it - it's time for a change at the top.

And I would say it needs to happen BEFORE the World Cup. There is no chance we will achieve anything there other than total embarassment on the current form. At least with a sudden change at the top, we may have a honeymoon period of the players wanting to impress which may improve the current standards.