Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperMalakite has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
I will admit this did make me laugh when I first read it yesterday. Not as much as To view the link you have to Register or Login, though
hehe
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone using McAfee's upgraded SecurityCenter is already well-versed in that 'cancel or allow' scenario.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I only know one person who uses .mac but he is obsessed with all things mac (that said he was converted me so its not all bad!). He uses it as an all in one solution for his e-mail, webspace and back-up. I currently only use e-mail out of those three (offline back-ups) so don't see the point in paying for a .mac address.
I paid for it as it was only 70 and will experiment with it and let you know what i think.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Only 70.

Only...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
.mac is good for the back up option apparently but i dont know many that have it

Steve Jobs
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Hmm havig played around with it i would say that the back up option is decent, and getting access to my mail anywhere is helpful, but the price is an absolute joke.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
You can get all the services they provide elsewhere seperatly and probably cheaper, but its the ease of use that they're all together in one place that'll swing it for people. Personally I'm looking at getting a NAS drive for everyone that'll cost less than twice the .mac fee with a hell of a lot more storage! I really don't have the urge for access anywhere but if i did I'd get an NAS with FTP options.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Just realised I get twice the storage from BT for free which is mildly irritating.

If anyone wants a cheap laser that works well with an iMac i wholeheartedly recommend the HP1022nw
Old 12-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Use Adium and its great as it gets you to all the Chat accounts wth one program. Also use app zapper to help get rid of stuff easily.
I've had it about a year and NEVER had a problem as compared to the PC however still getting to grips with how it does some things as compared to windows.
On another point someone helpfully posted a link to some S?W that allowed you to run Live.com for the Palace games. But I lost the link can anyone remember/know how to do this?

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 12-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally posted by Isle of Wight
On another point someone helpfully posted a link to some S?W that allowed you to run Live.com for the Palace games. But I lost the link can anyone remember/know how to do this?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

You then load the mms:// link into QuickTime player to listen to the game (although why you would want to after that shower of shite on Saturday I don't know).
Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Just realised I get twice the storage from BT for free which is mildly irritating.
Apple is "ripoff" shocker!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody
Apple is "ripoff" shocker!

He's a GNU how do you do.....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
I can vouch for adium too, used it since someone else suggested it on here (maybe Brett) and its kept everything in one place and the new version is fantastic! The little extra features have made it a much better bit of kit.

fang please don't quote JM, I've ignored him for a reason
Old 12-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I can vouch for adium too, used it since someone else suggested it on here (maybe Brett) and its kept everything in one place and the new version is fantastic! The little extra features have made it a much better bit of kit.

fang please don't quote JM, I've ignored him for a reason
Yeah, you're right. But there is sod all on the box tonight.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Ollie
So what was your first Mac?

Mine was the first LC cost me nearly 2 grand if I remember rightly - though that might of included an Oki printer.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Up On The Triangle

Apple Classic. Apple LaserII printer.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by fang
Apple Classic. Apple LaserII printer.
Before the LC?, were they the things with the litte screen or was that the SE?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally posted by patch
So what was your first Mac?
Mac 512KE in 1986. A whole 512KB of memory with a 800KB floppy disk It was bundled with an ImageWriter and cost about $3,300. I later had it hacked to include a SCSI port to which I attached a huge capacity 20MB hard disk.

MacWrite, MacPaint and Excel used to run quite happily on that machine.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Up On The Triangle

Yep. I think it followed the SE. (Might be the other way.)
Old 12-02-2007, 11:39 PM

A list of all machines with release years at To view the link you have to Register or Login