Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 13-02-2007, 12:03 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am new to Macs with the macbook. I think I'll need to increase the RAM but otherwise I have been dead impressed with it and for the amount I am doing on it, it is showing no signs of slow down.
Old 13-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
The cheapest and best for memory.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
To view the link you have to Register or Login

You then load the mms:// link into QuickTime player to listen to the game (although why you would want to after that shower of shite on Saturday I don't know).
Thanks MaW, I guess its like a drug that no matter how bad the trip you just have to come back for more!

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 13-02-2007, 11:43 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
We're finally getting an Apple Store in To view the link you have to Register or Login

I used to work in that building, although it had a completely different facade back then.
Old 13-02-2007, 12:08 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
I'm not quite the newest mac guy then had mine since 05, G4 iBook. I really should put some more ram in it and fill it up however I'm more tempted to spend the 60 on a iMac in the future
Old 13-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As my laptop PC has now died, I'm thinking of replacing it with a MacBook.

Should I, or should I stick with another PC?

Thoughts please?

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 13-02-2007, 08:35 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
what did you mainly use your PC for? Pretty much any app on PC has an alternative on Mac. Another thing to check out is the refurb store, they're near enough new and don't come with the fancy box but other than that they're new and nearer student discount prices. That is unless you want to add things on, although RAM can be added quite easily (AFAIK) and a lot cheaper than apple will supply it for.
Old 13-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just use it for normal stuff - web stuff, word processing, photo stuff, some music, DVDs etc. I've always thought that Macs deal with that sort of thing so much better, which has made me think that I'd like to switch sides.

I've checked out the refurb store - very good prices. Looks like I might get a half decent machine for 600-700.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 13-02-2007, 08:56 PM
iMember

If you can do it my next mac will def. come from the refurb store, every tale I've heard of the refurb store has been good, I also add that you still get the same support you get with a new mac
Old 13-02-2007, 10:36 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Dal

Should I, or should I stick with another PC?

Thoughts please?
Stick with the PC unless you have aspirations to join the meeja set.
Old 14-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Or you can make your own like wot James does! It means you won't get out much, have many friends or have much to talk about.
Old 14-02-2007, 08:10 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by fang
Or you can make your own like wot James does! It means you won't get out much, have many friends or have much to talk about.
I bought my last PC and it has given me few problems (if any). I go out often and have plenty of friends. Thankfully I only bought a computer not a "lifestyle choice"
Old 14-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody
I bought my last PC and it has given me few problems (if any). I go out often and have plenty of friends. Thankfully I only bought a computer not a "lifestyle choice"
I'm talking real friends here James not imaginary ones. I brought a computer too. Well designed, simple, easy to use, fast, reliable and with the best OS on the market. That was my lifestyle choice. Life is too short to mess around with sub standard kit. At this point I should really ask what "Lifestyle" you have chosen but I've been asked not to encourage you.
Old 14-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by Dal
I just use it for normal stuff - web stuff, word processing, photo stuff, some music, DVDs etc. I've always thought that Macs deal with that sort of thing so much better, which has made me think that I'd like to switch sides.

I've checked out the refurb store - very good prices. Looks like I might get a half decent machine for 600-700.
Go for it. You will 36 hours to familiarize yourself with it, before wondering why you didn't make the change years ago.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going to Mac wasn't a lifestyle choice for me. It made perfect sense for my new job and with all the "bad luck" I had with PCs I thought it was worth a try getting a Mac. As I said no problems what so ever.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
any one know how to get a .wma onto a mac?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 14-02-2007, 10:33 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally posted by Isle of Wight
any one know how to get a .wma onto a mac?
If it's non-DRM'd then Flip4Mac should play it.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Possibly the best place for this discussion...

Does anyone else think Apple have shot themselves in the foot with this new advertising campaign with Mitchell and Webb? The adverts to me say two things:

1) You cannot use a Mac for work
2) They choose by far the funniest of the two guys to be the PC. The other one comes across as socially inept in interviews.

Just seems to be a very poorly thought out campaign.
Old 14-02-2007, 10:43 AM
iMember

1) Yes I guess it could come across like that, but how many people actually have a choice of what computer they run at work? Surely only those buying the computers will think along those lines, I think it beckons to those who get fustrated with their PCs at work as an alternative.
2) I haven't really followed the whole Mitchell and Webb thing, but from what I've seen of the PC guy I find him irritating even before he became the PC and thats only cemented his irratation
Old 14-02-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
If it's non-DRM'd then Flip4Mac should play it.
Thanks Maw have just looked at their website, you dont know a freeware version that will do both the wma and the live.com do you

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013