Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-02-2007, 11:08 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by fang
I'm talking real friends here James not imaginary ones. I brought a computer too. Well designed, simple, easy to use, fast, reliable and with the best OS on the market. That was my lifestyle choice. Life is too short to mess around with sub standard kit. At this point I should really ask what "Lifestyle" you have chosen but I've been asked not to encourage you.
Best OS on the market? Not what most network engineers would say. Yes it looks pretty....

You talk about not wanting to mess around with sub standard kit but Apple have been selling over priced sub standard kit for years - it is exactly what you have been messing around with. (Oh, I forgot it looks pretty)

I have seen the PC v Mac adverts and I think that suggesting the Mac is better for fun stuff is misleading in the extreme. The PC is the most advanced gaming platform in the world....but you probably don't class games as fun.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Don't forget James - it looks pretty.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have seen the PC v Mac adverts and I think that suggesting the Mac is better for fun stuff is misleading in the extreme. The PC is the most advanced gaming platform in the world....but you probably don't class games as fun.
Is PC now a platform?

Windows is an operating system.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Possibly the best place for this discussion...

Does anyone else think Apple have shot themselves in the foot with this new advertising campaign with Mitchell and Webb? The adverts to me say two things:

1) You cannot use a Mac for work
2) They choose by far the funniest of the two guys to be the PC. The other one comes across as socially inept in interviews.

Just seems to be a very poorly thought out campaign.
No, it's an excellent campaign and one that has done really well in the states.

The ads aren't aimed at corporate buyers, they are aimed at home users. Corporate buyers aren't going to make their decisions based on these adverts however they might make a decision on what they use at home.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Who cares what Network engineers think. Most of them just sit around waiting for the next patch/fix to be handed to them. But who was talking about networks. For most home/business users OSX is simply light years ahead of the opposition. Pretty, maybe, well designed definitely. I'm relived to hear you play games. But isn't that what consoles are for?
Old 14-02-2007, 11:38 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Is PC now a platform?

Windows is an operating system.
My mistake - but Macs are pretty.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:41 AM
You fill me with inertia

Quote:
For most home/business users OSX is simply light years ahead of the opposition.
Can you back this up in any way?

Quote:

I'm relived to hear you play games. But isn't that what consoles are for?
You want the best gaming experience - you will find it on a PC. Gaming is fun. You can't game to any great degree on a Mac unless you want to play a handful of overpriced PC Games from 3 years ago.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
You're the one who keeps coming on to a Mac thread to rubbish Macs. You tell me which OS is better. I'll have to change my opinion of you James. You get disturbingly passionate when you talk about gaming.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:53 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I get 17.5% off all Mac products. I'm going to be in the market for a laptop relatively soon. Should I get a Macbook? I'm scared.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:56 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
PC's and Macs, it's all much of a muchness, but Melody is right, dont get one for gaming. My PC is like Triggers broom, it's the same one I had 15 years ago.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No, it's an excellent campaign and one that has done really well in the states.
With different actors. Mitchell and Webb were def a touch miscast for the UK version, as the dynamic of their act is that geeky Mitchell (PC) is a bit of misunderstood hero and Webb (Mac) is a preening failed poseur with little substance, no?
Old 14-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Up On The Triangle

Fear not Andy, turn your back on the dark side. Walk towards the light.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:58 AM
You fill me with inertia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
With different actors. Mitchell and Webb were def a touch miscast for the UK version, as the dynamic of their act is that geeky Mitchell (PC) is a bit of misunderstood hero and Webb (Mac) is a preening failed poseur with little substance, no?
Sounds about right..

Old 14-02-2007, 12:01 PM

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love my PC and it's rock solid. I custom built it having researched all the components and it's crashed only once in about 3 years.

I do like the idea of getting a Macbook for portable music making and so forth though, and the aforementioned discounts make it an attractive proposition.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:04 PM
You fill me with inertia

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet

I do like the idea of getting a Macbook for portable music making and so forth though, and the aforementioned discounts make it an attractive proposition.
You used to be cool Andy.........

Old 14-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I did have a tinker with the Garage band software and must say I thought it was brilliant. I am not an expert in home recordings but it was so easy to use compared to everything else I have used in the past.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody
You used to be cool Andy.........

He still is

He is also probably the sexiest male on the BBS
Old 14-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Precisely my point.

I didn't know they used different people in the States - any idea who?
Old 14-02-2007, 12:11 PM

I've got me own software Tomo - GarageBand is pretty good in terms of entry level software from what I've heard.

Sorry Mellers. The only problem is that Apple bought out eMagic meaning that Logic, which is one of the better pieces of music software out there, is now solely available on the Mac platform. I would quite like to learn Logic, thus why I'm considering a MacBook.

I'm not the sexiest male on the BBS either. That's Tomo.
Old 14-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Lovely

Quote:
The ads aren't aimed at corporate buyers, they are aimed at home users. Corporate buyers aren't going to make their decisions based on these adverts however they might make a decision on what they use at home.
Yes, I appreciate that. But nevertheless, the ads certainly give me the impression that anything serious you want to do, don't do it on a Mac because it's only good for mucking about on. Maybe that's my own personal 'brand' bias coming through, but that's certainly the impression I came away with.