Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 13-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Helmut Struntz
Yes I recall that. Two Palace chased 1.000 Brighton. Oh boy what really good fighting men you are!
Didn't know there were that many Brighton fans, helmet?

Sounds about right though, it's noticeable how much your fans have the 'small club' syndrome these days with a particularly large chip on ones shoulders. Also noticeable was how on your big day out to Selhurst that groups of your lot would just pick on any young scarfers because you 'hate Palace so much'.

Now I've heard that allegedly some Palace did this against Charlton, which is very disappointing as I've never seen Palace fans do that in all my time, but it just shows he sad that type of thing really is.
Old 13-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Helmut Struntz
Yes I recall that. Two Palace chased 1.000 Brighton. Oh boy what really good fighting men you are!
You are only supposed to post in the Away Fans End - Memory Lane is for Palace fans. We do not want Memory Lane turned into a bickering match with Away Fans, that's why we have a special forum for it.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betrayEdenbridge Eagle In Exile is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post
I seem to recall that Everton were to the left with about 5 or 6 fans (seriously!). Cant remember who was in the pen to the right
Luton Town..... If my drunken memory serves me right.....
Old 07-06-2017, 07:12 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Old Man View Post
I was referring to the terraces. Pretty sure it was Villa on one side, though they brought bugger all, like most teams that day. I remember Newcastle having a fair number, and Leeds, but we had the biggest following
Think it was Wigan next to us for some reason. Could be wrong,not even sure they took part.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:13 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Laz View Post
and dropkicked him. A corking shot it was too.

You need to remember, younger readers, this was before Jet Li or even Jackie Chan, so such audacious "moves" were still something of a rarity.
Palace kung fu enthusiasts were alive and kicking and practicing their art years before that.Pictorial evidence from Stamford Bridge in 76, will prove this.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:29 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I remember one poor Palace fan getting an absolute kicking from 4 Millwall fans at the top of Holmesdale Road, literally outside the turnstiles. Never seen anything like it.
Old 17-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Palace kung fu enthusiasts were alive and kicking and practicing their art years before that.Pictorial evidence from Stamford Bridge in 76, will prove this.
i was somewhat embarrassed to watch match of the day that evening with my parents and had to distract them as crowd scenes shown at the end showed me entering a large "gap" in the terraces intent on some mischief

search as i might i have never been able to rediscover the clip or stills

although the eejit kung fu kick i witnessed was a (very drunk) tottenham (sic) fan who had come for the craic and spoken with me a few minutes earlier to enquire about my allegiance before wandering sheepishly off into the crowd
Old 29-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 29-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
i was somewhat embarrassed to watch match of the day that evening with my parents and had to distract them as crowd scenes shown at the end showed me entering a large "gap" in the terraces intent on some mischief

search as i might i have never been able to rediscover the clip or stills

although the eejit kung fu kick i witnessed was a (very drunk) tottenham (sic) fan who had come for the craic and spoken with me a few minutes earlier to enquire about my allegiance before wandering sheepishly off into the crowd

I Take this is what you are talking about?

Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 29-06-2017, 01:04 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
I remember one poor Palace fan getting an absolute kicking from 4 Millwall fans at the top of Holmesdale Road, literally outside the turnstiles. Never seen anything like it.
I remember one poor Palace fan that we drank with and all hated getting a pasting when it went off in the AW.against Millwall. To this day he still thinks he got battered by Millwall fans.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:05 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I remember Portsmouth taking over the Holmesdale back in 88 I think and having at least 10,000 out of the 18,000 crowd when they only needed a draw to go up.
Salako scored in the last minute to win it for us. I remember being chased by loads of Pompey fans down towards Thorton Heath high street and escaping on a 68 bus.
That was a great day. Must be the only time that the away fans outnumbered the home fans at Selhurst (apart from when Wimbledon & Charlton were playing there).

We certainly ruined their promotion party that day but Selhurst was a fortress in those days under Coppell, the only problem was we couldn't win away!
Old 29-06-2017, 01:10 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I remember Portsmouth taking over the Holmesdale back in 88 I think and having at least 10,000 out of the 18,000 crowd when they only needed a draw to go up.
Salako scored in the last minute to win it for us. I remember being chased by loads of Pompey fans down towards Thorton Heath high street and escaping on a 68 bus.
That was fake news that Pompey were running everyone. Was common back in the day to just shout it out and everyone would start running past you while you stood laughing.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:15 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is Palace - (In the pub) around the corner from Kings Cross coming back from an away game up north in 2012 and bumping into some Brighton pricks.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:55 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post

This is Palace - (In the pub) around the corner from Kings Cross coming back from an away game up north in 2012 and bumping into some Brighton pricks.
A few young Palace against a much older and more numerous weed.Just how they like it

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 29-06-2017, 02:08 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
The numbers game .
Old 29-06-2017, 02:36 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Five went down for that little altercation.
Old 30-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post
I Take this is what you are talking about?

it was thank you but a tad blurry
Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post

Was it the weed getting a kicking on the floor?. The older weed are probably the same lot who got beaten or run silly during the 80's.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went to most of the away games in the early 80s and can tell younger fans that we were intimidated and attacked at EVERY single one.The most dangerous time was in the police escort back to the station when the only option was to leg it.Everton,Stoke,Southampton,Liverpool.,Man Utd,Leeds,Aston Villa,Bolton were all terrible.We were teenage lads often getting picked on by grown men.Must have been mad!