Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
Still way out of my price range. Can only get a 105k mortgage.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
There may well be a levelling out of prices but not an 80's style crash. I very much doubt we will ever see one of them again. Whilst ever there is full employment (as there is now near as damn it) and people in the city getting whacking great bonuses it will trickle down to there being a very bouyant housing market.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
There may well be a levelling out of prices but not an 80's style crash. I very much doubt we will ever see one of them again. Whilst ever there is full employment (as there is now near as damn it) and people in the city getting whacking great bonuses it will trickle down to there being a very bouyant housing market.
hope so.

Like RickyB we complete next week! Wednesday to be precise....so expect the market to crash on Thursday
Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Banks are currently lending up to 5.5 x single income and 5 x joint income provided you have a decent deposit. Of course, the main issue one needs to consider is affordability of monthly repayments but there are properties out there at lower prices. You may have to comprimise on location and have to do some work to them but they are there. We all have to start somewhere. I started on the property ladder in a shithole flat in lewisham 7 years ago. I am afraid in my case beggars couldn't be choosers - I would have lived anywhere in anything just to get on the ladder. Then you can just move upwards in little steps. It's not utopia but it's really Ok provided you aren't unrealistic about where you want to live and in what sort of property you want to live. We all have to start small and shit and move up -it's how it works.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
Yup saving big time.
That's good news. (Hopefully my long lecturing post on that thread had a good effect!)

Unfortunately needing a big wedge of cash to move is the way of the world, but I'm not sure it's ever really been that different. And to be honest, it's not only necessary, but also prudent. To move into a place with a near 100% loan-to-value mortgage and absolutely no financial margin of error is foolhardy.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Mmmm looks lovely...
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Banks are currently lending up to 5.5 x single income and 5 x joint income provided you have a decent deposit.
I wish. Intending to move at the moment, and believing the media, I mentioned this to my I.F.A. and apparently virtually no one is lending at those multiples. Not at sensible interest rates, anyway.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:03 PM
hockey mummy

Well we just have borrowed from a lender that did at 5.4% (is that decent?)

You need to find a new IFA mate! Mind you we did have less than 50% of loan to value and I think that makes a difference.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well we just have borrowed from a lender that did at 5.4% (is that decent?)
That must be fixed not tracker?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
hockey mummy

It is fixed yes - I prefer that so I know exactly what is going out each month.
Cityboyinthesticks

KennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
Quote:

Mind you we did have less than 50% of loan to value and I think that makes a difference.
And that is the key. Which is why first time buyers are finding it so difficult.
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Dave's example is at 150,000, some 45,000 more than richdeniro has available. I'm no good at maths either, nor an estate agent, but I'd be surprised if you could get much more than a run down studio at the 100,000 mark anywhere in London.

DM is wrong that "it has always been like that." Thirty-forty years ago, the average wage would buy you a three-bed house in almost all areas of London.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
It is fixed yes - I prefer that so I know exactly what is going out each month.
Fair do's.

I'm too tight to do that
Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
Dave's example is at 150,000, some 45,000 more than richdeniro has available. I'm no good at maths either, nor an estate agent, but I'd be surprised if you could get much more than a run down studio at the 100,000 mark anywhere in London.
Updated link

Edit - it won't let me link to properties priced 90k-105k
Old 02-04-2007, 01:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Your house is only worth what you sell it for!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
That is really depressing. 150k +++ for tiny ampartments in one of the cheapest ares of London.

That means if el nino wants to move out in to his own flat he will have to have a 35k deposit and earning near to 40k.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
That means if el nino wants to move out in to his own flat he will have to have a 35k deposit and earning near to 40k.
Stump up a decent deposit for him
Old 02-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
I wish. Intending to move at the moment, and believing the media, I mentioned this to my I.F.A. and apparently virtually no one is lending at those multiples. Not at sensible interest rates, anyway.
Forget brokers. I don't mind the fact that they're interested mainly in their commission but I do mind the fact that many are useless.

... set aside a few hours, and ring them. I think you'll be surprised at how helpful and flexible many of them are.

The Coventry, West Brom, Bucks and one with an obscure 'Railway' name which I can't now recall I've found to be especially helpful.

It took me about an hour to easily beat the best deal my broker could get. And within another 20 mins I'd beaten that again
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Halfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyB
Lots of good points on here.

To me, the real market setter will be once the interest rise causes the buy-to-let's mortgages to cost more per month than the rent they can sensibly charge.

That's when the crash will begin.

But I do not know at what figure the rates have to reach to cause this. Probably a few more percent yet, I would think, does anybody have any figures?
I was in the process of buying a flat for 197k with a deposit of 40k. Rental would have been 900 a month but mortgage at 5.99% and other expences such as service charges, agency fees and insurance meant a yearly loss of 1,324. The interest rate is already too high to make a return. All you can expect is capital growth.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM

hakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfhakers knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Yes they are, 5.19% 2 year fix - up to 5.9 times income (dependant on affordabilty and credit score), no overhang and a 999 fee.