Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 30-07-2007, 02:22 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Remember:

Worzal

Kevin Taylor's sister and her mate who whould go to all of the away games to watch him play.

Top Tipster and bingo on the coach

Knowing every 'face' when you travelled away

Percil coupons for the train

Please add your memories

Remembering how few we used to take away back then, this might be a very short thread.
Old 30-07-2007, 05:46 PM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by TrevorWel
Kevin Taylor's sister and her mate who whould go to all of the away games to watch him play.

Remembering how few we used to take away back then, this might be a very short thread.
I remember them. Karen & Dawn though I can't remember which was which. I kept in touch with both of them for a couple of years. IIRC the first time we met them was at Bradford mid-week. As you say I think this thread may struggle to reach the 200 club The worst part was getting on the 'special' to find out we'd got half a carriage.
Old 30-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Used to go to loads of away games between 1983-1990 most of them a blur due to the volume of beer drunk. One that does stand out in the memory is an away trip to Blackburn in fancy dress, one Blackburn fan stole a mates Palace ski hat through a fence.As we were driving back after the game we saw the bloke that stole the hat and got out of the car to chase him, he ran into a newsagents and we went in after him. The womans face in the shop was a site to see as a Fozzy bear, a witch and other fancy dress characters I cannot remember ran into the shop after him !
Old 30-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here

Quote:
Remember:

Please add your memories

Was his sister fit?

Anyone know what Ticker does these days?
Old 31-07-2007, 09:43 AM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
I remember the fancy dress game at Blackburn very well. George Wood was the judge and I came second, for a change, dressed as a baby. What a fecking idiot, it was absolutely freezing with our game being one of only two played in our division and only about 10 games were played that day due to heavy snow. Most others had thick costumes on while I had a little bib & and a pair of shorts on. At least we won.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:57 AM

selhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betray

Quote:
Remember:

Worzal

Top Tipster and bingo on the coach

Knowing every 'face' when you travelled away

Percil coupons for the train

Please add your memories

Remember them all!!!!!

I remember we was at Leeds away one Saturday mid 80's and I shouted out "Get your fuc*ing slippers off Taylor, you are sh**". Only to be attacked by the pair of them with their brollies!!!

Old 31-07-2007, 03:01 PM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by selhursthoover
Remember them all!!!!!

I remember we was at Leeds away one Saturday mid 80's and I shouted out "Get your fuc*ing slippers off Taylor, you are sh**". Only to be attacked by the pair of them with their brollies!!!

Remember the PerSil coupons..It was always a nightmare finding the 2nd bloke to share it with!!!

Sunderland (A) last year brought all the memories flooding back of 150 people standing on a terrace that could hold 5,000
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 31-07-2007, 03:26 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by selhursthoover
Remember them all!!!!!

Pmsl , remember everyone mentioned in trev's post, remember being kicked by a police horse up at stoke and we lost 3-1 i missed ketteridges goal. Was this the stoke game where the old bill expected a 1,000 palace or so(we had taken thousands to spurs in the cup) and only a hundred or so got off the special to be greeted by a lot of old bill?. Remember the small number of palace who had travelled to grimsby away 3-1 (84?)by train being in good mood till we saw carriage(sp) after carriage of white scarfs with yellow n blue bars belonging to london leeds who were on the train we were boarding. Turned out to be right laugh playing cards etc.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by orp pisshead1
Pmsl ,
Remember the small number of palace who had travelled to grimsby away 3-1 (84?)
We were chatting about this game the other day - we remembered it as 69 fans [funnily enough] and we thought we lost 4-1.

69 or 84 - it was a memorable game for just that reason.

We also remembered having 99 at Newcastle around the same time.

Funnily enough, we were having this conversation after the Udevalla game last Friday. Favourably comparing the atmosphere and togetherness of the Palace fans before and after that game with those games of the early 80's.

I'm also confident that more than a few of those who were at Grimsby were in Uddevalla over 20 years later too.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Laz
69 or 84 - it was a memorable game for just that reason.
I think the '84' OPH1 refers to is the year. One of my best memories of Grimsby is when a good mate missed the special and got a later train on his own. On the train from Grimsby to Cleethorpes he noticed a funfair so pulled the emergency cord and jumped off and spent an hour or so at the fair then turned up at the ground a couple of minutes before the final whistle. We lost 3-0.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Of Cray
I think the '84' OPH1 refers to is the year.
Ah!

A 2-2 game at Carlisle last day of the season, also I think in '84, was particularly memorable.

We got a right good hiding to be fair! It was a long [and bloody] trip back to Euston.

For some reason, Shrewsbury away also tended to be a bit of an event back then.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 PM

Shaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsShaunio15 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
I remember Carlisle away on a Tues night, going on the Palace coach, Phil Barber getting a last minute equaliser and my mate 'Surrey Grahame' climbing the fence to celebrate the goal.

Think the coach got back about 4am, after about 3 stops for drivers breaks, grrrr.

Plenty of rumbles in the 80s, Blackburn away after a 2-0 win comes to mind, and Oldham was always very lively.

Surrey Grahame has not renewed his ST this year, possibly I believe for the first time since then that period, sign of the times I believe, apathy reigns.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:06 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Off the top of my head:

filling the terrace at the Manor Ground (Oxford) and the old iron fence at the back of it

Packing the away end on a REALLY hot day for the play off semi in Swindon, and also a night match in Swindon where we had about half the support and it pissed down

Drinking in The Aviary on the Trent in Nottingham and being turfed out by the police for nothing.

Bournemouth away, a fun day in one particular pub and a mental day had by all

Brighton away - E. Croydon/Gatwick/Haywards Heath/Preston Park/Hove/Brighton/Hassocks/Home - a great day out!

The train to Leeds away, entirely made of those little compartment type carriages normally reserved for 1st class and only a couple of hundred max on it - seemed to take forever to get there as well.

Barnsley away, taking in Derby on Friday night, Barnsley for a free hotel breakfast and then football, and Alton Towers on Sunday

The usual suspects on a fortnightly basis who made every away trip, the bad results and the downs bearable.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Running from the B-Mob

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaunio15
I

Plenty of rumbles in the 80s, Blackburn away after a 2-0 win comes to mind, and Oldham was always very lively.

Yes, that Blackburn game was a good one - we did very well that day - even the local Old Bill told us so! Good lads!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Of Cray
I think the '84' OPH1 refers to is the year. One of my best memories of Grimsby is when a good mate missed the special and got a later train on his own. On the train from Grimsby to Cleethorpes he noticed a funfair so pulled the emergency cord and jumped off and spent an hour or so at the fair then turned up at the ground a couple of minutes before the final whistle. We lost 3-0.
was indeed refering to the year thought we had just over a 100 or so up there, remember 1 fan was so pissed his mates smuggled him into the ground but when we scored a 3rd he rolled down the terrace . Good ol days.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by orp pisshead1
was indeed refering to the year thought we had just over a 100 or so up there,
I certainly can't think of any games on a saturday where we had less than 100 'packing' the away end. The least I can remember us taking were 51 to Newcastle & 62 to Sheff Utd but they were both midweek and doesn't include any in the seats. Although Oldham a couple of days before an FA Cup replay at Burnley may have been close I never made it to the game having been persauded to hitchhike to the game by a mate and getting to Manchester about 4.40pm. There was 13 booked on the train and we couldn't get a train back to London until about 9pm due to thousands of 'Cockney Reds' coming back down. Surprisingly the replay on the monday at Burnley had one of our most impressive away followings I've ever seen.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 AM
To old for all this B***S

Colonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineColonel Britain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

on the monday at Burnley had one of our most impressive away followings I've ever seen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Was that the game where Mullery was walking round the pitch and got more abuse from the away fans than the home ones?I think Long Haired Phil was one of the loudest. Never saw him so animated including when we bt Liverpool in the semi!!!

If so, I was there and for all those who saw my "trip" in Sweden the one that night was far more outrageous. Tripped on a cobble stone with both hands in my pockets. Was so pssd I couldnt get them out in time and nose dived the street..cue blood streaming down face all game. Everybody kept asking me how many there where of them
2006/7

"Baldy dont puke on the Penguin"...(Langen Appleweinfest 2008)
Old 04-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Apart from the amount of Palace there I can't remember too much bar a few 'incidents'. There was a fair amount of trouble in the Palace end I think with the police, on the way back to the station a load of Palace smashed a pub up on the corner and when we got to the station the police telling us where we should expect the train to be bricked. They were spot on with that We lost 1-0 I think to a retaken penalty.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:29 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memories of following Palace away in the early-mid 80's

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Laz
Ah!

A 2-2 game at Carlisle last day of the season, also I think in '84, was particularly memorable.

We got a right good hiding to be fair! It was a long [and bloody] trip back to Euston.

Not sure why, but I was on the coach that game. After the match you could "smell" the trouble in the air. Was not surprised to later find out that those on the train took a hiding.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM
White Car

Quote:
Originally posted by LeeH
Off the top of my head:

filling the terrace at the Manor Ground (Oxford) and the old iron fence at the back of it

I had forgot about that! It came as a bit of a shock to see us take so many away!