Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by moverman
The trip to Derby when Denny chinned someone in the main stand and we got ambushed on the way out.
There were some faces there that day, and I remember the ambush outside, f cking hundreds of them trying to kick down the gates !!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by NZsparky
I was standing next to the bloke who drop kicked Budgie, as I remember he was actually a spurs fan but got emotionally caught up in a 'Palace of passion'.
He just said "•••• it watch this " and off he went.
He was most certainly not a Spurs fans. He's Palace through and through and still goes around with our mob.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember Brighton at the Goldstone 5th November, someone threw a banger and it went off next to a Police handler with an Alsatian, startled the dog sank its teeth into the coppers leg, at the same match my father whom had broken his leg and was in plaster managed to set his trouser leg alight when he dropped his roll-up down his sock and could not feel it because it was put on over his plaster.
He only found out when I noticed the bottom of his trouser leg had been burnt away.
He had faced a torrent of abuse as wearing his Palace scarf , the stewards had sat him on a chair by the goal at the Brighton end as he was on crutches.

At Gillingham a Palace fan had scaled the floodlight and a copper whom had chased him up there got scared halfway up and had to be rescued by his colleagues.

At Southend the ref was pelted with seat cushions by the disgruntled home stand after we had scored with a last minute penalty and won 2-1 as a result.

I was chased back to the coach after a 3-0 win at Bolton even though I was on crutches.

I was chased by two Middlesboro skinheads after they asked me what the time was.

They asked my mate the same question and got a good hiding as he was a black belt in karate, they certainly bit off more than they could chew there.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Axeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
So many memories. I was at a lot of the games mentioned above. Middlesboro stands out. I would have had it at less than 50 of us on the terrace. We were winning 1-0 until about 5 mins left. They equalised and then went down the other end and scored to leave them 2-1 up. There could only have been 3 mins left but **** me we only went and scored twice to win it 3-2! I remember them climbing over the fences down the other end and pelting us with coins and whatever else they could get their hands on from the corner to our right. Mental! We had hired a car for this game and didn't fancy walking the streets trying to find it so ended up paying a bus driver £5 to take us to find our car!

Another one (there are so many) that sticks in my mind was travelling to Shrewsbury for a game. We got to Birmingham and found out it was called off. The lads I was with went back to London but I ended up going to Coventry v Sheff Wed with Adrian's lot. Sat in the Sheff end. Remember one or two altercations with Cov fans during the game (amazing seeing as I didn't give a toss about either team!) Loads of beer drunk but on the train home we had run out. The buffet car was shut so someone decided to 'open' it. The guard came through so we ended up getting off at Watford as we thought OB would be waiting at St Pancras. Anyway, on the tube home some buckets of sand was getting thrown around. Of course, they had called OB but we didn't know. Someone got on wearing a skull cap. I decided it would be a good idea for a game of frisbee! As soon as I did it, OB were outside the carriage. I ended up having a night in Golders Green nick!

Others thaat spring to mind are:
Beating Leeds 3-1 at Elland Road and getting run silly afterwards.
Ointment at Odsal!
stoke OB being way OTT meeting us at the station.
A good day out in Blackpool before the Play-off semi.
Beating Man City 3-1 when their keeper was sent off.
Losing at Blackburn 5-4.
Losing a night game at Norwich 4-3.
Beating Brum 6-0 (can only remember Jim Cannon's goal?!)
Talking of Jim Cannon, I remember him getting a goal off his thigh in the last minute at scumwall in the cup. Think this was an equaliser to get a replay but not sure, could have been a winner!
Wicked weekend away at Plymouth after beating them 2-0. My mate had a cousin there and we stayed with her. Fine girl!!
As mentioned above, standing in that corner terrace at Grimsby and winning 3-1. Andy Gray scored. Someone said that people from that game would have been in Uddevela, I wasn't there but I was in Grebbestad if that counts!
I remenber Chris and Gildo's (RIP) cheese sarnies on some of the special trains I went on.
Palace team sharing the same train on the way back from Leeds............
I could talk all night but will shut up now!! Loads more I could think of tho!!

Edit.
Oh, just one more. That pub in Bournemouth! think it was mentioned earlier. I remember the guy standing on the tables leading the sing-song..There's a woman in glitter...etc. Mad days. When people got fed up with waiting to be served they would just throw the glass at the bar staff! Not to be condoned of course..

Last edited by Axeman; 11-08-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
He was most certainly not a Spurs fans. He's Palace through and through and still goes around with our mob.
Excellent, my mistake then
Old 13-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Stroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Anyone remember Man City away when we were already relegated, last game of season I think, and we sang the whole time. Ended up getting a round of applause from the City fans which was rare to say the least. I was very drunk, but I think it was 1-1??
Old 13-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Stroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepStroller lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
What season was that then?
Old 13-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Stroller
Anyone remember Man City away when we were already relegated, last game of season I think, and we sang the whole time. Ended up getting a round of applause from the City fans which was rare to say the least. I was very drunk, but I think it was 1-1??
That was a good one - it was, I also think, last game of the season, they were in the cup final the following week as I remember.

We were in the Kippax, to the left of them.

I think it was '81, our 3rd away point of the season!
Old 23-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Axeman

Ointment at Odsal!
Someone Toddy was the "leaders" name of them. been to a few england games with him and his mates a few years ago.

actually a nice chap!

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 24-08-2007, 03:24 PM

silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!silverymoon has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Swindon away 1970,s when Rupert nicked the bus conductors ticket machine and threw him off the bus on the way back to the station. He then collected the fares from the passengers that was his beer money that night
Old 24-08-2007, 04:33 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Two opposite ends of the scale in 80s away game enjoyment.

Happy: Going on the special train with a handful of fans to Wrexham. We had not won away for 18 months. Absolutely smashed out our tits on homemade cocktail in a tupperware flask followed by lots of scotch and coke. Slurred to Ron Noades in the car park that he ought to leave the club, or words to that effect. Steve Lovell scored the only goal and we went mental. Can remember the goal vividly, but the rest of the day is a distant faded memory, then again I couldn't remember f**k all about the day the morning after anyway.

Miserable: Train to Peterborough for the 2nd leg of the League Cup, already 3-0 up from the first leg. Train breaks down near Peterborough making us 20 minutes late getting to the ground despite a good bloke commuter giving us a lift there from the station. Almost as soon as we got in, we went one down. At full time it was 3-0, and we lost on penalties after extra time. To cap it all we wore that bloody red and black Man U kit. The train back was the night post train so had to wait ages. I have never hated Mullery so much.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 24-08-2007, 05:50 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BBD
Wizz holding back about 200 Bolton fans' at the top steps of the station. Someone must have the story of him giving the Half Time team talk on the pitch at Peterborough!!
Can somebody please tell us the story about the Half-Time team talk at Peterborough (presumably the same match that Chocky's talking about, above)

I've heard this alluded to a couple of times, but never what happened or why.

I didn't go to the match but remember the shock of hearing that we'd contrived to lose after leading 3-0 from the 1st match. There was a terse note from Mullery in the following game's program saying that the players would be donating their win bonuses from the 1st leg to charity. It sounded like a legendarily bad performance so presumably Wizz's tactical acumen and powers of motivation left a little bit to be desired.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Big followings at QPR, pathetic followings at Chelsea. Journeys on the old specials, normally from Euston or St Pancras or so it seems. Numbers dropping close to the 100 mark for matches at the likes of Grimsby & Oldham. Kevin Mabbutt's annual return from injury at Charlton. Plenty of after-match activity on the way to the station. Crap standard of football I guess, but probably more enjoyable than todays. Also remember receiving a standing ovation from the Wednesday fans at Hillsborough in 1984 - they won promotion that day in front of a big, noisy crowd including about 200 Palace who were all cheered as we entered the away end.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Another one (there are so many) that sticks in my mind was travelling to Shrewsbury for a game. We got to Birmingham and found out it was called off. The lads I was with went back to London but I ended up going to Coventry v Sheff Wed with Adrian's lot. Sat in the Sheff end. Remember one or two altercations with Cov fans during the game (amazing seeing as I didn't give a toss about either team!) Loads of beer drunk but on the train home we had run out. The buffet car was shut so someone decided to 'open' it. The guard came through so we ended up getting off at Watford as we thought OB would be waiting at St Pancras. Anyway, on the tube home some buckets of sand was getting thrown around. Of course, they had called OB but we didn't know. Someone got on wearing a skull cap. I decided it would be a good idea for a game of frisbee! As soon as I did it, OB were outside the carriage. I ended up having a night in Golders Green nick!

I'd forgotten about that day!!!!! I was there

I think it had been snowing and Coventry had under soil heating (I remember now that they used an orange ball). Great day out, (probably better that had we got to Shrewsbury)
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Axeman
Beating Leeds 3-1 at Elland Road and getting run silly afterwards.
[/QUOTE

Hadn't the Leeds fans been giving our black players of the day a ton of abuse that match?? It was sweet to see them shut up by a couple of Finnigan goals
Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
White Car

Quote:

Ointment at Odsal!
Another memory coming back here......... a freezing cold night match in the HUGE open stadium that was Osdal. Some weird looking geezer in a sheepskin was standing on his own watching the match in a closed terrace to the right of the travelling Palace fans. There may have even been a chant from the Palace fans along the lines of "who's the #$^@ in the sheepskin" .......... just before someone clued in that it was our new manager, Sir Steve
Old 04-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So many memories. I was at a lot of the games mentioned above. Middlesboro stands out. I would have had it at less than 50 of us on the terrace. We were winning 1-0 until about 5 mins left. They equalised and then went down the other end and scored to leave them 2-1 up. There could only have been 3 mins left but **** me we only went and scored twice to win it 3-2! I remember them climbing over the fences down the other end and pelting us with coins and whatever else they could get their hands on from the corner to our right. Mental! We had hired a car for this game and didn't fancy walking the streets trying to find it so ended up paying a bus driver £5 to take us to find our car!
Wasn't that the ZDS Cup quarter final? Me and my mate Mick were holed up in the corner of a nearby hostelry before the game supping some syrupy local brew only to be sussed out by one of the bar staff who politely advised us not to come after the game ... even if we lost!

So obvious the pair of us were Palace. It was freezing cold and we were all wrapped up while the Teesiders were, as usual, sporting their uniform t-shirts
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Stroller
Remember winning 3-1 at Main Road in 87-ish? A mate of mine was living and teaching up there at the time and had got into watching City. Recall being in the away end drinking neat whisky at the open-air 'Dennis Law Bells Bar' behind the stand. Grim stuff but it kept us warm I 'spose
Old 05-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by La Bombonera
Remember winning 3-1 at Main Road in 87-ish? A mate of mine was living and teaching up there at the time and had got into watching City. Recall being in the away end drinking neat whisky at the open-air 'Dennis Law Bells Bar' behind the stand. Grim stuff but it kept us warm I 'spose
Was that when their keeper was sent off? I know we sat behind the goal in that match, the away section had been moved from the top corner of the Kippax where we still stood in 83/84, maybe later than that. A proper ground with a proper atmosphere, unlike that morgue they now play in.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
White Car

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom's Old Man
Was that when their keeper was sent off? I know we sat behind the goal in that match, the away section had been moved from the top corner of the Kippax where we still stood in 83/84, maybe later than that. A proper ground with a proper atmosphere, unlike that morgue they now play in.

One of the great away matches of the 80's. Stunning atmosphere, stunning match, got home in one piece