Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 05-09-2007, 05:54 PM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by TrevorWel
One of the great away matches of the 80's. Stunning atmosphere, stunning match, got home in one piece
Totally agree. And to TOM yes it was the game when their keeper, Eric Nixon, was sent off.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Axeman
stoke OB being way OTT
Tell me about it!!
Old 30-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Axeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by La Bombonera
Wasn't that the ZDS Cup quarter final? Me and my mate Mick were holed up in the corner of a nearby hostelry before the game supping some syrupy local brew only to be sussed out by one of the bar staff who politely advised us not to come after the game ... even if we lost!

So obvious the pair of us were Palace. It was freezing cold and we were all wrapped up while the Teesiders were, as usual, sporting their uniform t-shirts
Thats the one! Amazing game.
Old 30-09-2007, 12:54 PM

Axeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAxeman sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Another memory coming back here......... a freezing cold night match in the HUGE open stadium that was Osdal. Some weird looking geezer in a sheepskin was standing on his own watching the match in a closed terrace to the right of the travelling Palace fans. There may have even been a chant from the Palace fans along the lines of "who's the #$^@ in the sheepskin" .......... just before someone clued in that it was our new manager, Sir Steve
Blimey! Had forgotten about that.
Old 30-09-2007, 01:15 PM

molesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
With regards to the incident with Budgie being attacked.NZ sparky is right the fella "Keith" is a Spurs fan.He used to watch Palace because he came from MonksHill and all his mates were Palace
Old 30-09-2007, 07:28 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Remember Grimsby well, especially the Leeds lot getting on with some bloke called hovis, we had got on some sort of sprinter to start with I think. Great result, good old Gray. Good day out. Remember when the heating broke down on the coach on the way to Middlesborough... widdle of minter.? A 1-1 draw I think.

Sunderland away, coppers were very rude..... RAF dog display team for some reason at half time, another draw I think.... Portsmouth away, always good fun.

Reading, pouring with rain.... some weeder getting ready to glass me in Brighton cos I didn't want to give them my scarf... Bring back the old days. Open terraces and rain, proper grounds, Steve Coppell and good old fashioned hope and feling the club was moving forward.

Last edited by dim; 30-09-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 30-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by dim
Open terraces and rain, proper grounds, Steve Coppell and good old fashioned hope and feling the club was moving forward.
spot on

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Sh#t on the seaweed

Seagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
He was most certainly not a Spurs fans. He's Palace through and through and still goes around with our mob.
He was a spurs fan but all his mates were Palace, and he went to most games with us too Keith B******T was his name, and a bloody diamond geezer too, Monks Hill Palace, we had some good times

Make Someone happy, EAT! a Seagull for breakfast!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Finally I bloody right about something, wahoooo
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Kitler

Baldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behindBaldy will leave the TV and the radio behind
Well unless two people kicked Burridge up the arse then you are wrong.

I am not disclosing the name of the person who went down for the incident but he is still a regular and known to several people on this site.

If someone called Keith was involved then it was for something else.

The plot thickens......
Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 PM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaunio15
I remember Carlisle away on a Tues night, going on the Palace coach, Phil Barber getting a last minute equaliser and my mate 'Surrey Grahame' climbing the fence to celebrate the goal.
I remember that only too bloody well I was late for the coach and had phoned asking if they could wait for 10 minutes or so. I got to the ground, parked in the car park and run over to the coaches I'd just passed only to see them driving down Whitehorse Lane with my mate waving at me from the back of the coach I went to Euston and will never forget the reply when I asked how much the train fare was "£32 single or £30 return, which did I want?" When I got to Carlisle station I was met by about 40 coppers waiting for the Palace mob when they found out it consisted of me they said I could make my own way to the ground.

After I finally got into the ground I found that my mates were in the seats opposite having got free tickets To round things off I found out the coaches had got there about 5.30pm and most people had spent a couple of hours in a local pub (The Beehive?) last minute equaliser made it all worthwhile though. Seven years to the day later I got banned from every ground in the country
Old 02-10-2007, 10:07 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
Well unless two people kicked Burridge up the arse then you are wrong.

I am not disclosing the name of the person who went down for the incident but he is still a regular and known to several people on this site.

If someone called Keith was involved then it was for something else.

The plot thickens......

Baldy, does their first name start with a 'B'?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:15 PM

molesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmolesey has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
not disclosing names Keith B@@~~"T is driving a cab in Purley.
Happy days
Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by molesey
not disclosing names Keith B@@~~"T is driving a cab in Purley.
Happy days
A colleague of our erstwhile player, David Price, I presume ?
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:20 PM

U know that!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I had forgot about that! It came as a bit of a shock to see us take so many away!
Was that a boxing day match? Me and some mates spent too long in the pub and couldn't get in as there was no room left inside the ground! We never thought we would sell out
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by molesey
U know that!!
Ah-Ha.

A regular in Elliotts ?

A certain BBSer used to be a barman in there, back in the day
Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM

may have a poor limb.He'e a top fella!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:32 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Gav
Was that a boxing day match? Me and some mates spent too long in the pub and couldn't get in as there was no room left inside the ground! We never thought we would sell out
I'm sure there was an article in the Croydon Advertiser, specifcially on us selling out.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:38 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Cardiff away when the home fans turfed us out of the away enclosure after strong resistance from me and 2 mates and then the Barmy melbourne army arrived late and had a go at the cardiff followed by skirmishes after the game in the seats behind the goal where the small bunch of palace fans turfed out of the away end had taken refuge .